May 03, 2024, 06:55:11 am

Author Topic: Banning  (Read 4799 times)

X2Sara

• View Profile
Banning
« on: December 27, 2013, 01:26:49 pm »
I was thinking of instead of getting the people banned from opticraft u could just make a jail and put them in it and mute them. why? Because banning can lose u a lot of people. U could make sure they don't do something bad u by making a PowerPoint telling the new people in opticraft all the rules (make it so they can't click X or something just make them wait) like a video thing u know.... Anywho like I was saying if u want reasons here they are:
1.U will lose people
2.Its not nice specially for new guests if they didn't read the long book -_-
3.(I forgot maybe I'll write it later in the comments)
;) Stay Cute!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Banning
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 02:17:20 pm »
We have a jail and it's still there, but we don't use it.

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 03:09:30 pm »
When it comes to griefing and being a complete arse... The rules don't need to be written down. It's pretty much just common knowledge. Also, if they don't read it then who is at fault? Us or them?

I'll answer for you: Them

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 07:39:27 pm »
I was thinking of instead of getting the people banned from opticraft u could just make a jail and put them in it and mute them. why? Because banning can lose u a lot of people. U could make sure they don't do something bad u by making a PowerPoint telling the new people in opticraft all the rules (make it so they can't click X or something just make them wait) like a video thing u know.... Anywho like I was saying if u want reasons here they are:
1.U will lose people
3.(I forgot maybe I'll write it later in the comments)
Their failure to read our rules is not our problem. We give them plenty of time to read the rules, and if they chose not to, that's their fault.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

X2Sara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 07:31:12 am »
Griefing I understand but I mean like ps like coal or should they know it's something important and can't u guys try to make the rule book idk more exiting? And what if somebody lost their rule book? Plz try to use the jail I'm saying it because I'm helping u guys for future reference.
Don't take as an insualt or anything I'm just recommending
;) Stay Cute!

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 09:54:30 am »
We don't use the jail, why allow people on who cause trouble? If they lose their book they can type /rules and get a new one. We don't use the jail because there's really no difference, either way they can't interact with things whether they are banned or jailed. And they can appeal here if they are banned, how would they appeal for jail? They'd constantly be spamming chat asking to be let out.

hammycon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 06:35:52 pm »
well heres the thing. why are we banning people?
1- they are bad players who try to make trouble
2- someone made an honest mistake
3- someone repeated a bad action

so what happins if its a number 1?
       Well they should be banned! why give 2nd chances to a troll? think of it like sportsman fishing. the fisherman is the staff, the fish is the offender, and the bait is the greifing traps. if the fisher is a sport fisher he just lets it go again? are you asking admins to be sportsman fishers?

So what if its a case 2?
       Well if its a case 2, then it shouldent be a problem. say a guy forgot to pay rent for his plot. the landlord next day comes up and kicks him out of the town? does that seem fair? youd atleast give him a chance to pay it back. now what if someone just starts useing caps in chat? does that mean that they are a bad person? should they be banned? thats a no.

and if its a case 3?
       if this person has done griefs in the past they they should be temp banned for a few days. if it continues permban

now your still thinking what does this matter? well if you jail a griefer then he will just come back. if you mute him what good does that do? if you jail or mute someone thats pissed off then they are just going to get even more pissed off.
so it seems the only good solution to most offences --excludeing case  2-- is the ban hammer.

~hammycon

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2013, 08:02:07 pm »
People have made honest mistakes and been banned for it...nobody else has complained about the system and it works fine. I've seen servers with jails in them while no staff is online to mute them and it gets extremely annoying to hear them spam the server. Also, people won't learn their lesson with jails like they do with bans.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2013, 08:42:38 pm »
Also as staff we don't just ban for every little thing, there are times that someone has griefed and if they are still online I tp them to it and have them fix it if it's small. It's not like we are banning people for everything.

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 01:40:07 am »
The only reason why people use jails is because it adds an role play element to the server.

Opticraft isn't a role play server, so why should we add jails? Also, I think jailed players would take up slots. Let's say we had 300 people on the server (server max I think) and the guy get's jailed. Now he's jailed, but if we banned him we could free up a slot... so why jail him?

can't u guys try to make the rule book idk more exiting? And what if somebody lost their rule book?
How would we do that though? I do agree, the rule book is lengthy but the /rules command brings up a simple list of rules.. the rule book is just extra information.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:42:36 am by Matty585 »

X2Sara

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 12:38:41 pm »
1.Every time I go on opticraft I ALWAYS see a mod/op online they can just jail the person and mute them until the time is done.
2.It will look good, exiting and scary in a way
3. Why build it in the first place then if ur not going to use it?
4.There will be enough spaces for people we can fit 4 people in one room and most of them won't be on anyways since there isn't anything for them to do.
;) Stay Cute!

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 03:23:08 pm »
1.Every time I go on opticraft I ALWAYS see a mod/op online they can just jail the person and mute them until the time is done.
2.It will look good, exiting and scary in a way
3. Why build it in the first place then if ur not going to use it?
4.There will be enough spaces for people we can fit 4 people in one room and most of them won't be on anyways since there isn't anything for them to do.
I suggest you read every other comment again

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2013, 05:23:13 pm »
This is not going to happen, its pointless.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident