May 08, 2024, 11:15:56 pm

Author Topic: Building PC- Can I get a second opinion on the parts list?  (Read 2152 times)

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
Building PC- Can I get a second opinion on the parts list?
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:58:57 am »
Gonna build this mid-February though being able to save some cash would be nice. If you have anything you would change please tell me or anything in general. I expect this to change a little since I'll be building in a couple months. Thanks!

(click to show/hide)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Building PC- Can I get a second opinion on the parts list?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 05:37:43 pm »
Spend the $40 to upgrade to a i5 4670k. I have it and it is amazing. Plus there is a $20 off code so you would only be paying $20 more for it.

Unfortunately do to this whole coin mining fad. It would be impossible to get a HD 7970 (i've seen them before go for around $270 and its more powerful than the gtx760) But the demand for AMD cards to mine litecoins and stuff has skyrocketed the prices for them. So your gpu is great.

I highly doubt you will need another fan with the antec 900. I use the antect 300 (a step down) and it has great stock cooling. The only cooling you need to worry about maybe is the cpu, so throw in one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

Other than that its great, great motherboard and pretty fast ram.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 06:20:43 pm »
Are you sure about Microsoft 8 though? :p

Chipaton

• Young One
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 06:58:35 pm »
Are you sure about Microsoft 8 though? :p
Yes I have it on my current computer and love it xD

Spend the $40 to upgrade to a i5 4670k. I have it and it is amazing. Plus there is a $20 off code so you would only be paying $20 more for it.

Unfortunately do to this whole coin mining fad. It would be impossible to get a HD 7970 (i've seen them before go for around $270 and its more powerful than the gtx760) But the demand for AMD cards to mine litecoins and stuff has skyrocketed the prices for them. So your gpu is great.

I highly doubt you will need another fan with the antec 900. I use the antect 300 (a step down) and it has great stock cooling. The only cooling you need to worry about maybe is the cpu, so throw in one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065

Other than that its great, great motherboard and pretty fast ram.
Alright thanks!