May 04, 2024, 11:42:57 pm

Poll

a new plug-in

earn more money
8 (88.9%)
the best economy
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Killmoney  (Read 12179 times)

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
Re: Killmoney
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 06:35:24 pm »
Or you have like a 1/6 chance of getting the money, although that'd take some coding.
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 06:36:45 pm »
Or you have like a 1/6 chance of getting the money, although that'd take some coding.

I disagree with this honestly. But to add to my previous statement, someone will argue that someone will take zombies far away from a spawner to kill them. They will have wasted enough time doing that to the point where if they didn't do it they probably would have made that much money had they kept killing anyways.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 06:44:48 pm »
That would be more coding, the way I said would be easier :P Plus end farms dont have a spawner, and you can carry mobs away from spawners

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 07:42:17 pm »
I could so easily abuse this, just saying

Also; I had 500k the day nick removed iron/gold farm market, I now have 2.2ml (and am on baltop). Not everyone got their money from farms.  One of the richest people on the server is zeradeth_, and she never afk farmed.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2013, 07:44:42 pm »

Also; I had 500k the day nick removed iron/gold farm market, I now have 2.2ml (and am on baltop). Not everyone got their money from farms.  One of the richest people on the server is zeradeth_, and she never afk farmed.

Zera had to sell everything she owned in order to get all that money, just saying. That is a bit impractical.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2013, 07:56:43 pm »

Zera had to sell everything she owned in order to get all that money, just saying. That is a bit impractical.
Wrong, zera made money by making farms and selling obsidian.

Pensfan121

• SMP-Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2013, 01:26:14 am »
If there is a cool down period the amount should be more than .50 maybe like 5$

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2013, 02:31:43 am »

And she got lots of money off of the opticats... I think... Let's get back on topic?

If there is a cool down period the amount should be more than .50 maybe like 5$
What do you mean '.50'...?
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

Matty585

• Steampunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2013, 03:14:05 am »
Maybe as well as killing mobs, you'd get 1.5k or something for killing players in PvP? Should be simple enough, we'd just check if the player died in the PvpWorld and get who killed them - maybe even perform a regexp on the death message to extract who killed who?

As of cool down times, instead of them, what if we checked if mobs in a small space were in a certain proximity?

Like if 10 mobs were in a 2 block radius, we'd reward them with nothing.

FIREBALL4801

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2013, 03:08:05 pm »
This is probably a stupid idea, but couldn't we just not announce it? that way no one understands where it's coming from so certain people don't spam the hell out of it?
sounded better in my head >.>
But i'm with crzy, just a bit of special coding shouldn't be too hard to those who know what they're doing, and it'd prove a much better way to slowly get an income, for the little amount it's worth i support it

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2013, 07:04:47 am »
This is probably a stupid idea, but couldn't we just not announce it? that way no one understands where it's coming from so certain people don't spam the hell out of it?
sounded better in my head >.>
But i'm with crzy, just a bit of special coding shouldn't be too hard to those who know what they're doing, and it'd prove a much better way to slowly get an income, for the little amount it's worth i support it

It is impossible to keep people from finding out:

"You earn 5$ for killing a skeleton."

izzy123

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2014, 11:48:11 pm »
That would be I good idea but what about people with there xp farms... and mob spawners they could just make a money machine but it is still a great idea and it is not easy to get lots of money in opti at the moment unless you donate or sell a lot of stuff :)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 06:28:04 am »
That would be I good idea but what about people with there xp farms... and mob spawners they could just make a money machine but it is still a great idea and it is not easy to get lots of money in opti at the moment unless you donate or sell a lot of stuff :)
Please read replies before responding to a thread. That was already answered.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:45:16 am by xDeeKay »

roscoepwns

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 11:58:57 am »
This is a great idea, as making money on the server does take time.  With some system where, say, you kill a zombie (or maybe even passive mobs?), you receive a small message that only shows up on your screen (not server-wide), perhaps like Salsa said "You earn $x for killing a zombie", and the money is transferred into your account.  A cool-down would be necessary to stop people like Gavin abusing the crap out of it, but maybe something like 1 minute-2 minutes, nothing huge.  Having a small cash incentive to kill those pesky zombies that magically find a way to spawn in your basement ;)

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 08:41:33 pm »
I've been playing SMP for nearly two years, money has never been hard to get, an hour or two's worth of mining can rack up a thousands of dollars. In addition to that it is the best way to use up all those diamonds you got in reward for actually voting.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP