May 03, 2024, 07:37:01 am

Author Topic: a creative server/world  (Read 25706 times)

frogsrock12

• Headmistress of Hogwarts
    • View Profile
Re: a creative server/world
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2014, 01:03:08 am »
Why is this still being discussed... We don't have a developer lol
This doesn't have to happen...could happen in the far far future my friend. Ideas....Ideas...
This is being posted in the suggestions forum lol. We can talk about this as much as we want
~~~~~It's Just Me Again~~~~~

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2014, 07:53:48 am »
I highly recommend this!

To the people who are complaining "ohh there's gonna be no one on SMP :(((" Here's what I have to say:
You wouldn't need to have a completely new and different server, we'd do "magic" to connect the world/s to the server... Like New Member,  Old Member, New Guest and Old Guest.  We'd get quite a large influx of players coming onto the server to play creative, because unaware to you, not everyone likes SMP.  I personally think that this would be an amazing idea and with the new players which would come onto the server, imagine all of the creativity.  It would be like old times, when it's not only 2-5 people on the server at a time...
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2014, 07:16:11 am »
This suggestion just suddenly died, so im here to bump it kind of i guess???????
seeing nicks post about Metropolis just made me want this even more xD.
building in creative to show off awesome builds and building skills to your friends on the opticraft server would literaly be the best thing to happen to this server in a while (in my opinion) so i just wanted to make sure this post haddent left peoples minds. I know as a fact that making a creative world seperate from the normal survival world can only take up about 1 hour of solid non-stop work. doesn't take that much time. maybe even less if you know what you're doing from the get go. thanks guys!
 - trigger
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 07:19:57 am by XztriggerhappyzX »

Nikoljan

• Opti-Crafter =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2014, 02:36:59 pm »
Since this was re-bumped I'll put my two cents in.  

I do not think there should be a creative server on opticraft SMP.  I think many people including myself would be dissapointed for various reasons.  

There's a special feeling working on large projects, managing your item resources and completing something where as someone else would be able to just enter creative mode on a different world and do everything easily.   I think it takes away from the gratification of building on a "Survival Server".  I'm not against creative, but I like to think everyone is building under the same boundries.

Also.. we have a fully functional market.  Spend a few days, earn some money and utilize it.

Also, Nick has already responded in the past about this and made it pretty clear that Optical isn't interested and that's the first step to even possibly ever making this happen. 

*A suggestion if you really must show off creative mode builds.. just build on single player, save the world and share it with whoever. 
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 02:39:47 pm by Nikoljan »

,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,
There is not enough wind to twirl
            that one leaf nearest of its clan
                     which dances as often as dance it can
,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2014, 04:47:29 pm »

Because we wouldn't need one.
When I asked nick he said we would. A specific plugin would have to be coded to resolve multiple inventories or something

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2014, 06:26:31 pm »

Because we wouldn't need one.
When I asked nick he said we would. A specific plugin would have to be coded to resolve multiple inventories or something

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/multiinv/

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2014, 08:45:12 pm »
Depending on how this is set up (ie. Plots(ew plots), open world claimable chunks, etc.) there would be a greater selection for donation rewards. I hghly doubt creative will faceplant like PvP. I for one LOVE building, I just have a terrible habit of not dedicating myself to them. It would be just like classic, throw in some good ol' grieftraps, couple mods running around.
IG - @oem_moses

Duinis

• Arghblarglarghlpoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2014, 11:43:14 pm »
Back to this topic!

Yeah I really freaking want this right now, cause the creative server I usually play on is bugging out.

GIFF CREATIVE PLS I AM MAKE PRETTY BOAT ON IT FOR U OK?

XzTriggerHappyzX

• Don't Be Upsetti....Have A Bowl Of Spaghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2014, 03:53:27 am »
i'll realize when someone either locks it or adds it xD but i won't realize if this topic is still here and people can still post in it :p
;D
 - Trigger