May 14, 2024, 03:24:39 am

Author Topic: Spectator Mode  (Read 2052 times)

CrazyGamer2000

• View Profile
Spectator Mode
« on: December 05, 2013, 02:44:20 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is some sort of spectator mode for PVP but it is above the actual arena
and isn't very practical for people that have laggy computers and have their vision on short. I was wondering if
it's possible for there to be a way to go into the actual PVP arena but not be able to get hurt or to hurt someone
else. I understand that you can spectate this way, but you are considered a player trying to PVP,
so you can get hurt. Some people do play cheap and kill any spectators looking for a closer view or an arrow may accidentally miss its target and hit a spectator.
Both of these things have happened to me and are not possibilities but have been actual occurrences.

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
Re: Spectator Mode
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 02:54:20 am »
I don't think there is one... Is there? But really, you can go onto normal for laggy computers, it doesn't lag too much and watch...
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 04:42:46 am »
Is it possible? Yes. Will it happen? Probably not. Opticraft's PvP was made using what we already had (WorldGuard, warps, etc) and no extra coding (besides player death announcements) were added. Meaning it's unlikely and more work will go into PvP.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 05:39:10 am »
It's probably not a high priority thing. If you're going to spectate, you don't need the frame rate anyways so just turn it up. I have a "laggy" (it's not called lag but don't feel like explaining what FPS is) but I still do it.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.