May 06, 2024, 11:28:55 am

Author Topic: Useful Thing To Get Us More Long Term Players  (Read 5253 times)

whatmyname

• View Profile
Re: Useful Thing To Get Us More Long Term Players
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 07:33:55 pm »
Hello, I've not posted in a while but I might as well give my input. Too be honest, Opticraft hasn't been getting as many new players because the voting system may be a tad broke. If that was fixed, people would be forced to vote. Their are people out there that do abuse this system. Anyway, if someone would be kind enough to get footage of Opticraft like cinematics, I would be more then happy to edit them slightly. Add some colour correction and in general making it more appealing then just the raw footage. We can then upload this to an Opticraft members YouTube channel that is popular. This would get us more players joining as they are amused by what they see and wish to see for themselves. However I do agree in adding a notification system for when new people join. Many new players just walts in and grief, we should fix this issue by showing them the positive side of our server by helping them.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Useful Thing To Get Us More Long Term Players
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, 07:47:02 pm »
Too be honest, Opticraft hasn't been getting as many new players because the voting system may be a tad broke.
That's not entirely true, as it has always been "broken". Apart from the time we tried a system where voting through the opticraft website was needed, but there were a lot of issues and problems, let alone the voting sites thought bots were being used to vote. It was a lot of hassle.