May 03, 2024, 09:16:43 am

Author Topic: My Goodbye/Resignation  (Read 1182 times)

Winniedoxie

• The Dachshund Fanatic
  • Dachshunds ❤
    • View Profile
My Goodbye/Resignation
« on: October 06, 2013, 10:48:23 pm »
"It's time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I'd much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure." Ernie Harwell
According to the forums, I've been a member since May 31st of 2012. It's absolutely crazy to think about how fast time goes by. Recently, I have personally reflected on my journey here on Opticraft. I still to this day remember the first time I logged on, the first time I put in a helpop, and the very first house I built. I remember the excited reaction I had when I received the trusted status and the same reaction when I was promoted to moderator for the first time.

I have been a part of this community long enough to make good friends and meet great and strong people. Recently within the last month or so, I have lost my love for Minecraft. It’s funny how all this time I have thought that was a lame excuse to leave, and now here I am leaving because of it. But that isn’t the only reason why I have taken the time to write this resignation and goodbye. As I grow older, I realize how little of "free-time" I have and how occupied my life is nowadays.

I personally think it is my turn to say goodbye and resign. Last time I resigned, I knew I would be coming back some time in the near future but this time I don’t know if I will ever be able to recover from my loss of interest plus my crazy busy schedule and come back. There is and always will be a part of my heart that will be with Opticraft.
Thank you for being like family to me. This journey has been incredible and I wouldn't take any of it back. Thank you for accepting me into this community and thank you for giving me the opportunity to become a moderator. But you never know, I may come back and visit sometime in the future.

Xoxo,
Winniedoxie