May 13, 2024, 11:42:01 pm

Poll

Do you think that the plugin described below should be added?

Like this
1 (100%)
Will go along with this
0 (0%)
Don't like this
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: September 30, 2013, 03:17:45 am

Author Topic: Notification Message  (Read 2927 times)

CrazyGamer2000

• View Profile
Notification Message
« on: September 14, 2013, 03:17:45 am »
Now, my brother, sourfreak99, just got banned for not changing to trade change. The reason is because he doesn't
focus on chat (While trading though I don't know how he doesn't). I don't blame him, I sometimes decide to zone
out from chat as well. Before this turns into a ban appeal and not a suggestion, I would like to say that you should add a plugin making it so that a moderator can post a message to a specific player and their WHOLE screen will be filled with a notification message such as but not limited to: Change to trade chat, stop spamming, stop annoying other players, stop using caps, and stop being inappropriate. Then of course there should be an automatic phrase should be added to the bottom. I believe that this phrase should be the old but all purposeful, "or else you will be banned!" This would help the server by helping out all those members that ignore the chat and don't see a moderator's warning in chat. Then it would help them from getting banned for avoidable things like using caps.
Pros:
Less players get banned.
Less annoying problems in chat.
Avoidable problems can be avoided.

Cons:
Requires a plugin.
More typing for the moderators.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 03:20:03 am by CrazyGamer2000 »

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Notification Message
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 03:53:07 am »
I kicked him, that should've been enough. And he was talking, definitely paying attention. He just decided to ignore me.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 10:05:28 am »
Cons: It's impossible to add to the player's GUI with plugins.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 12:40:45 pm »
The closet thing you could do to your suggestion is fill the entire chat. But that doesn't seem practical, and a kick would do the job just as well.

sourfreak99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 04:48:19 pm »
I kicked him, that should've been enough. And he was talking, definitely paying attention. He just decided to ignore me.
I know I don't blame you I should be paying attention in chat when talking in chat but I am kind of new to Minecraft and my brother is still explaining the whole  different "chat"  thing to me so I asked him to make a suggestion to see if there could be notification message to warn you.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 04:53:14 pm by sourfreak99 »

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 07:29:32 pm »
I know I don't blame you I should be paying attention in chat when talking in chat but I am kind of new to Minecraft and my brother is still explaining the whole  different "chat"  thing to me so I asked him to make a suggestion to see if there could be notification message to warn you.
I think it would be better to just stick with the kicking. Less work.