May 04, 2024, 03:59:46 pm

Poll

What do you think?

keep
remove

Author Topic: Restoring a mistake  (Read 2271 times)

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
Restoring a mistake
« on: September 08, 2013, 05:18:10 pm »
I dont know whenether this has been suggested before, but i made this thread anyways.

Please read the entire topic carefully BEFORE making a post.

one of the biggest mistakes in opticrafts history needs to be restored in my opinion, the market needs to be removed.
Technically, the market was only created as a last resort for players needing items, at the moment, it is being abused and ruins the survival aspect of the game. In the past, the market only caused trouble and anger: when the melons got removed because people were abusing them, people raged; and now too, because the iron and gold are getting removed.

When the market is removed, opticraft can truly have an economy, because everything is regulated by supply and demand then. At the moment, all prices are set by the market. Because there still needs to be an inflow of money into the economy, i tought about changing voting for diamonds to voting for money; each vote gives you between $100 and $150.

Some items must still be sellable / buyable: ps stones, mob heads (excluding wither head), horse armor, the special slab blocks (those next to the nether quarts in the new guest world market), chain armor and beacons. Otherwise these items would become discontiniued and their prices would skyrocket then. The sell price must be equal to the buy price so money will not be destroyed by buying and selling them.

Without a market, it would be impossible to become rich by afk farming, because then the supply would greatly exceed the demand, and the price would drop to somewhere near 0.

Please dont immediately shoot this idea down, and think about the good and bad things about it.

I would like to hear everyones opinion about this.

Zwaan111

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Restoring a mistake
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 05:21:37 pm »
I do like the idea, but the thing is, a lot of people would probably leave. And also, you didnt leave much that people could sell, therefore no one could get money. The main problem I see with removing the market is no one could buy pstones, and we cant exactly hand them out for free.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 05:25:53 pm »
Some items must still be sellable / buyable: ps stones, mob heads (excluding wither head), horse armor, the special slab blocks (those next to the nether quarts in the new guest world market), chain armor and beacons. Otherwise these items would become discontiniued and their prices would skyrocket then. The sell price must be equal to the buy price so money will not be destroyed by buying and selling them.

after the market got removed, people would sell to eachother agin, just as they did before the market was added.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 05:26:50 pm »

after the market got removed, people would sell to eachother agin, just as they did before the market was added.
but they would still have no way of getting money, we'd probably have to clear everyone's balances.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 05:31:08 pm »

but they would still have no way of getting money, we'd probably have to clear everyone's balances.

Because there still needs to be an inflow of money into the economy, i tought about changing voting for diamonds to voting for money; each vote gives you between $100 and $150.

this will give you $750 a day, that is enough for a coal ps a day (as it costs $750 now) there are probably like 70 active opticrafters; making the amount of money going into the economy each day 52,5k

will probably be enough money i thinkz??

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 05:33:16 pm »

Because there still needs to be an inflow of money into the economy, i tought about changing voting for diamonds to voting for money; each vote gives you between $100 and $150.

this will give you $750 a day, that is enough for a coal ps a day (as it costs $750 now) there are probably like 70 active opticrafters; making the amount of money going into the economy each day 52,5k

will probably be enough money i thinkz??
Eh, maybe. But I highly doubt the market will be removed.