May 03, 2024, 04:07:34 am

Author Topic: Items Despawning  (Read 1469 times)

minecraft321

• View Profile
Items Despawning
« on: August 12, 2013, 02:15:40 pm »
I recently died and lost all my items and I'm trying to find where I was but I've been searching for a while and I'm starting to think they have despawned. But then I thought to myself "Do items in Opticraft actually respawn?" So then I came here to the forums  :P I've noticed before that items don't seem to despawn all the time even after the 5 mins, I don't know if the chunk wasn't loaded or something but I think it was and they still didn't despawn. Can anyone tell me for sure if items respawn after 5 mins and the chunk is loaded.

Thanks!

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Items Despawning
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 02:22:34 pm »
I've noticed they don't despawn in your protection stone areas.  I once dropped some cobble in my house and I came back the next day and it was still there.  It also happened somewhere else too.

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Items Despawning
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 02:52:40 pm »
Items despawn after 5 mins in a loaded chunk, if the chunk is unloaded it should stay on the ground until it is reloaded again. On multiplayer a radius of 10 chunks are loaded around each player, so if someone is 9 chunks east from dropped items they will still despawn.