May 13, 2024, 07:17:23 am

Author Topic: We want more players.... We need more improvements  (Read 12050 times)

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Re: We want more players.... We need more improvements
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 09:07:04 pm »
Well, there was some code done to the opticraft plugin to stop the /home plugin from being used in the pvp arenas. Same with the /warp and other plugins.

Instead of blocking, just use the bukkit scheduler to perform the teleport ten seconds later, and send the message, "You will be teleported in 10 seconds"

Afterall, if someone is using /home to escape someone else, surely 10 seconds would be enough time for them to be killed before they can teleport.

Cheif thats my point yes people will die but its easier for people out of combat than finding the signs especially in the jungle. I havent even found that one yet lol.

I do agree that it's a little hard to find the warp signs, but the /home thing isn't needed. Placing the signs in more prominent locations would work just as well.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Tobs

• Senior Staff
  • Administrator
  • Champion Member
  • Banhammers must be worn at all times!
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 09:15:13 pm »
I do agree that it's a little hard to find the warp signs, but the /home thing isn't needed. Placing the signs in more prominent locations would work just as well.
Once you have found the sign/s once I doubt you'd forget where it is, on most the maps I don't think you can get more prominent then the middle of a map of a visible location. It isn't really necessary and from what I've seen the past few days there isn't a problem with the current system for what we have.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 09:17:47 pm »
Beggars cant be choosers. You guys wanted PVP and we worked hard to do it the best way we possibly could.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 09:30:11 pm »
We don't have anybody to code this. I feel like a broken record at this point....
We need a new dev. Optical has got to have a few friends that would help, right?

---><--- Click the monkey

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 12:04:48 am »
I'm just gonna lay this here, and I'm not bashing the staff intentionally or because "they suck" or "they are mean". However, a vast majority of our players have left because of certain staff members. I think some of the rules should be re-thought with a bit more thought to those rules. If we rethink the rules with more common sense put in to them, I think we can easily regain players. Just my two cents.

offtopic edit: 400th post :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:06:51 am by LIEKABOWSE »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 12:20:03 am »
I'm just gonna lay this here, and I'm not bashing the staff intentionally or because "they suck" or "they are mean". However, a vast majority of our players have left because of certain staff members. I think some of the rules should be re-thought with a bit more thought to those rules. If we rethink the rules with more common sense put in to them, I think we can easily regain players. Just my two cents.
I would love to see your evidence of this. I can believe a few players here or there but a vast majority?

Also, saying we should rethink the rules is extremely vague and offers no insight on to what you are actually talking about.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 12:53:02 am »
I would love to see your evidence of this. I can believe a few players here or there but a vast majority?

Also, saying we should rethink the rules is extremely vague and offers no insight on to what you are actually talking about.
Let me take a few for example (rules)
No mods rule. Simply insane. Why point us to how we have to play the game, instead of allowing us on how we want to play. Now, I understand that  xray and other hacks are unacceptable, and I agree on that. However, not allowing us to use Shaders, Reis, even singleplayer mods we can't use on the server we are forced to uninstall or we get banned.

*Not really a rule* Disrespecting staff members. Now, if a player uses vulgar language, that's different. If a player targets more than a few staff members it's reasonable. However getting banned for disrespecting one staff member is just plain wrong. I don't understand this rule at all.

That is my two cents on the rules.
Now, on to the staff. Again, not using names.
Ever since the past few app sessions, I think people have been getting modded for some of the most stupid reasons. Immaturity, sure, I understand why mature people have a better chance at getting it. However, just because the staff dislikes a certain person, why not mod them? Being a moderator doesnt contribute to being friends with staff but to help out the server. I think they should be modded for kinds of reasons such as play time, previous expierence and the amount of time they are on average.
That's my two cents. Feel free to yell at me if you have a good reason to do so.
*edit: correcting a grammar issue
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 01:01:05 am by LIEKABOWSE »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 01:02:53 am »
Let me take a few for example (rules)
No mods rule. Simply insane. Why point us to how we have to play the game, instead of forcing us on how we have to play. Now, I understand that  xray and other hacks are unacceptable, and I agree on that. However, not allowing us to use Shaders, Reis, even singleplayer mods we can't use on the server we are forced to uninstall or we get banned.
Because it is just a no mods rule. We can't possibly list all the mods people could use so in order to avoid the "I had no idea this mod wasnt allowed" argument we banned all mods. A lot of thought was put into that rule and it will stay that way.

*Not really a rule* Disrespecting staff members. Now, if a player uses vulgar language, that's different. If a player targets more than a few staff members it's reasonable. However getting banned for disrespecting one staff member is just plain wrong. I don't understand this rule at all.
I would like an example of what you are talking about here. Disrespecting staff is doing things like arguing with them over them telling you not to do something. Or still doing something after being told not to. Warnings are supposed to be given out but for repeat offenders all you can do is ban them to try to teach them a lesson.

Now, on to the staff. Again, not using names.
Ever since the past few app sessions, I think people have been getting modded for some of the most stupid reasons. Immaturity, sure, I understand why mature people have a better chance at getting it. However, just because the staff dislikes a certain person, why not mod them? Being a moderator doesnt contribute to being friends with staff but to help out the server. I think they should be modded for kinds of reasons such as play time, previous expierence and the amount of time they are on average.
That's my two cents. Feel free to yell at me if you have a good reason to do so.
This is a losing argument simply because you do not know the reasons I reject mod apps. What this complaint comes down to is you basically saying you don't think I am choosing the right mods because I am not choosing who you think I should.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 02:47:49 am »
woah woah woah lets not fight over a few pvp suggestions all we need to do to make the server alive is to vote and tell friends. if you tell 5-10 friends thats a lot more people who could be on.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 03:03:55 am »
Also, tell all your friends about minecraft and how awesome this server is. I mean the friends who don't play mc yet, so that they haven't gotten into raid servers and hunger games etc. I've found that an Irl friend who is new to minecraft is more likely to stay on the server.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 03:38:20 am »
woah woah woah lets not fight over a few pvp suggestions all we need to do to make the server alive is to vote and tell friends. if you tell 5-10 friends thats a lot more people who could be on.
Not a fight, It's a conversation.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 04:39:43 am »
Well this thread has become extremely bitter. I think we should all sit down for a second and be thankful we actually got pvp in the end, and how well it was done considering the amount of resources there were to make it.

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 05:56:46 am »
Alright, I lost the argument. Enough said, back ontopic.

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 06:16:46 am »
I don't see a need for more players. This is clearly a community server, however, we still get a healthy amount of new players joining us every month. As Mike put it best with his city/rural example, we're very much different from other servers. Honestly, most of the suggestions are all based off the same need. They need someone to code it. We have no one to do that. We have to make the best of what we got. Suggestions that are beyond guidelines and certain permissions at this point seem worthless, they won't make much effect, just another topic for a discussion with no outcome. I'd rather see familiar faces then ones that come and go.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 07:02:36 am »
I don't see a need for more players. This is clearly a community server, however, we still get a healthy amount of new players joining us every month. As Mike put it best with his city/rural example, we're very much different from other servers. Honestly, most of the suggestions are all based off the same need. They need someone to code it. We have no one to do that. We have to make the best of what we got. Suggestions that are beyond guidelines and certain permissions at this point seem worthless, they won't make much effect, just another topic for a discussion with no outcome. I'd rather see familiar faces then ones that come and go.
I 100% agree with you josh the server has lot's of great fellas, But if anyone on the server wants to see more people then just keep the votes going and talk to real people. This forum really has nothing more to say. josh 399 posts lol congratz on 400 in probs like 2 mins