May 12, 2024, 09:51:02 am

Author Topic: We want more players.... We need more improvements  (Read 12047 times)

Mattkkk12345

We want more players.... We need more improvements
« on: August 09, 2013, 07:57:32 pm »
Now for me at the moment because i joined this server i love it as it is but for others (people not on the server) the latest  craze is PVP (we have) survival games and mob arenas etc.

Recently there has been small talk of less numbers of people on the server which yes i have noticed. I barely see new players. Some leave but just the same faces on the server.

Mr_Mr_Mr has pointed out the voting problem and if you havent read his post on voting then read it now because many cheat and click vote then just close and it gives you diamonds. This is noticiable that manu are doing this cheat and we need to actually vote to get the player up the list and get more players on.

Its great that we have PVP now but its fair to say its been quite long awaited. We need more changes like this but sooner as mentioned above ( Survival Games or mob arena or something) perhaps a new thing that happens once a week then goes like a weekly minigame.  We just need things to tempt people to type in SMP.OPTICRAFT.NET.

-------------------------------------CHANGES NEEDED TO PVP------------------------------------
Yey! now we have pvp:

Here are some improvements that i think should happen.

* There should be perhaps a simple glass platform above the areana for spectators so it gives players to see whats going on rather than mods just flying up and seeing

* HERES A KEY DIFFERENCE: Instead of having the hard to find signs to get out we need the /home command to be allowed but YOU CAN ONLY USE IT AFTER 10 SECONDS. I.E if you type /home it says stand still and wait 10 seconds but if someone hits you it says cancelled. This is a plugin that you can find on Bukkit Pluggins.

------------------------Overall---------------------
If some of these changes can happen and especially the voting problem pointed out by Mr_Mr_Mr then i hope we see more players join in and once again getting more and more players so that the server can keep going. Also to keep newbies on the server we should have as i said above new minigames perhaps once a week or something.

Thanks and keep in mind these improvements
    -Mattkkk12345   ;) ;)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: We want more players.... We need more improvements
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 08:01:10 pm »
We don't have anybody to code this. I feel like a broken record at this point....
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 08:03:31 pm »
We don't have anybody to code this. I feel like a broken record at this point....
Just make it your signature so everyone will see it :p

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 08:04:49 pm »
Broken record? and why do you have to code it. All the pluggins apart from the Opticraft Pluggin are Bukkit Pluggins. I dont get it just add those like some of the others like logblock etc

------EDIT------
Go To bukkit pluggins download and place in pluggins folder... i dont understand why everything has to be coded.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:07:14 pm by Mattkkk12345 »

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 08:05:29 pm »
Make what my signature raul??

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 08:08:51 pm »
Broken record? and why do you have to code it. All the pluggins apart from the Opticraft Pluggin are Bukkit Pluggins. I dont get it just add those like some of the others like logblock etc

------EDIT------
Go To bukkit pluggins download and place in pluggins folder... i dont understand why everything has to be coded.
You obviously have no idea how putting plugins on the server works/affects the aerver.

We have to code it because our warp signs plugin (which opti made) doesnt allow for me to do that.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 08:12:44 pm »
Oh well thats annoying, why did we code it in the first place???
If we just use a warp plugin from bukkit then we could get all the other pluggins . Thats annoying and a shame.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 08:34:36 pm »
If we just use a warp plugin from bukkit then we could get all the other pluggins . Thats annoying and a shame.
Opti doesnt like using other plugins though, in case of back doors.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 08:46:10 pm »
The warp plugin we used to use was really buggy so optical made his own, thats how it works and that is how it will work.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 08:50:55 pm »
Loopholes, glitches, duping, stealing, all of that can happen if you just dowlnoad plugins from the bukkit page. Dejected/cschurz (our developer) has practically dissapeared, so only Opti himself codes the plugins. I haven't the slightest idea of what he's working on as of now, but I'm sure he's working his butt off to monitor everything and add new fearures like bug fixes.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 08:52:46 pm »
Well, there was some code done to the opticraft plugin to stop the /home plugin from being used in the pvp arenas. Same with the /warp and other plugins.

Instead of blocking, just use the bukkit scheduler to perform the teleport ten seconds later, and send the message, "You will be teleported in 10 seconds"

Afterall, if someone is using /home to escape someone else, surely 10 seconds would be enough time for them to be killed before they can teleport.

Best griefer name ^

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 08:55:19 pm »
I've had people only live from me cause of the middle sign.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 08:58:28 pm »
Well, there was some code done to the opticraft plugin to stop the /home plugin from being used in the pvp arenas. Same with the /warp and other plugins..
Nope, I was able to achieve that by blocking the commands with a worldguard flag. No coding needed.

Weirauch

• Lol Smiley Face
  • I Build to live, And I live to build
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 09:00:12 pm »
Ok. Everyone who says opti should be moving faster or coding this and that.
remember. The guy is I'm guessing between twenty one and twenty six. He has other stuff in life then minecraft. He cant dedicate all his time to this stuff. I understand you want updates. I get that change is good sometimes. But remember this is a game. A dying game at that. Accept that the server wont evolve as fast as most. But with that somewhat negative comes the biggest positive. Look at the players the server has kept for the entire time it has. Thats rare in any server other than this one. If you dont like it go join the massive servers where you will without doubt be just another number. Its the difference between living in NYC and a small farm town.

Mattkkk12345

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 09:05:09 pm »
Well, there was some code done to the opticraft plugin to stop the /home plugin from being used in the pvp arenas. Same with the /warp and other plugins.

Instead of blocking, just use the bukkit scheduler to perform the teleport ten seconds later, and send the message, "You will be teleported in 10 seconds"

Afterall, if someone is using /home to escape someone else, surely 10 seconds would be enough time for them to be killed before they can teleport.

Cheif thats my point yes people will die but its easier for people out of combat than finding the signs especially in the jungle. I havent even found that one yet lol.