May 12, 2024, 11:16:35 pm

Poll

Would you ban someone if they tried to dig themselves out of a hole on someone else's property?

No, I wouldn't ban them
7 (50%)
Yes, I would ban them
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: I want the results of this poll as fast as possible  (Read 2432 times)

ultraman11

• View Profile
I want the results of this poll as fast as possible
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:11:44 am »
I want this to show this to someone.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: I want the results of this poll as fast as possible
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 02:13:34 am »
This wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that youre banned, right?

ultraman11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 02:15:32 am »
It does because this is pretty much what I got banned for, but i just want to see what most people would do. Please don't lock this post because I seriously want to see what people think.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 02:38:48 am »
We have the ability to tp home and warp to server towns and spawn. I dont personally see an excuse for digging a hole if you $ re stuck. Just /home or /warp market or /spawn. Any of those would tp you out of there. Now my question is: how did you get yourself stuck in there in the first place? Why not turn around the way you came? Or just use the warps I mentioned above? I'm sure messages were given regarding these warps when you first started playing. If not, why not ask a mod for assistance to get out? I dont know the full story but I'm assuming from the little info I have that it isnt really that complicated.

Just my 2 cents.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 02:47:41 am »
Hmm, in most cases there would be a protection stone in place, or some sort of project protection.

Hmm, based on the logic running through my head, I would say that in even the old guest world you would have a roughly 8% chance of digging up out of a mineshaft onto someone elses property. Of course this is considering the likely chance of digging up to any property, and the chance of that specific property being unprotected.

Then of course you must consider that if you were digging upwards, you most likely would have put the blocks you broke back so you could jump up higher until reaching the surface. Meaning most of the blocks would be placed back in relatively the same manner. Plus, certainly the top ground block would be the same as what was dug up. Considering this, you are only telling the truth if:

A) You placed random blocks on your way up, or didn't place the right block on the top so the owner of the build noticed.
B) You were not trying to break in to that unprotected property
C) You didn't break or place any blocks anywhere else
D) The person accusing you has an absolute hatred for you.
E) You stumbled upon a grief trap by mistake, and tried to break out. In this case you were still griefing, but this at least shows that you most likely have intent to play instead of grief. That is, assuming everything under this idea is true.
F) You had no clue about the /home and /warps stuff (Thanks DJ, saw your post before posting this reply)

My logic does not point me in the direction of you telling the absolute truth. Perhaps you stretched the truth a bit, but it's hard for me to come to the conclusion that you told the absolute truth.

It also appears you have the ban history of a griefer. Ban after ban after ban.

http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=ultraman11
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:49:36 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

ultraman11

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 03:31:38 am »
This is what really happened. I was running around the server trying to find a new place that my friend and I could live because too many people were moving into our area. As I was running I didn't see a hole that was about a 2x2x2. I fell in and I didn't want to to somewhere else because I would lose the place I was in. There was a small house nearby. I dug myself out one block and the block didn't drop. I walked out and waited. It didn't drop so I thought I was lagging. I decided to see if I was actually lagging and I destroyed one WOOD block from the house meaning to put it back if it dropped and then I got auto banned for griefing. Apparently, it was a grief trap and I really intended no harm to anyone. But just because I broke a simple wood block, I get banned forever? This is my story. My first ban was me building a shop in a no-shop zone and that was an honest mistake. My other bans were because some idiot at school hacked my account as a joke and went on the server not knowing what type of server it was and started destroying blocks. I have proof of this from other players if you need it. And then this happened. Also, it counted the blocks that I dug to get out of the hole a grief.
-ultraman11, your dwemer skylord
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:59:39 am by ultraman11 »

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 04:27:30 am »
Mmk, at this point it is probably more appropriate that the staff speak with you any further on this one. Your first post was fine for me to give my opinion on, which I did. Now you are simply denying that you did anything wrong which means it is no longer my part to post whether you did was wrong/worth a ban.

But I will say, 5 bans-all for griefing something-is a bit much. Plus there's that sixth grief trap ban to top things off. But as always, a staff member will take care of your ban situation when one of them can. You'd be better off making an actual ban appeal with no polls rather than making a poll asking players if your ban is appropriate.

Best griefer name ^

ultraman11

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 04:37:52 am »
The last grief trap before the one I got banned for a mod admitted to me that he made a mistake by banning my name instead of a different name. I've made ban appeals but mr_mr_mr just keeps thinking that I'm not worth it or something like that. Also, the five grief bans were seriously not me but my account got hacked because an idiot at school wanted to make fun of me for being addicted to minecraft. I have proof from at least two people who play on the server that I actually got hacked.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 10:06:19 pm »
Your account is your responsibility.

Also, you could've enderpearled out.

Also also, making topics like this won't help your appeal.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*