May 14, 2024, 01:44:56 pm

Author Topic: [codepmman] Alec2435's Ban Appeal  (Read 1869 times)

Alec2435

• View Profile
[codepmman] Alec2435's Ban Appeal
« on: July 17, 2013, 02:29:34 am »
Hello administrative staff of Opticraft. I (Alec2435) have been recently banned form your SMP server for a slight misunderstanding. Over the recent weeks me and Web64 have had a slight dispute. Before I continue on I would like to point out that me and Web64 know each other IRL and had personal discussions about this. When I had logged on Opticraft after a slight leave of absence and found that a path had been built by him between my house and player PandaDork over a very short distance. Me and PandaDork had disliked the path slightly and offered to improve our section of it to him. Web64 approved this change at the time and allowed me and PandaDork to improve our section at will and we took the oppertunity and improved it. After this I had to take a second leave of absence. Upon my return I had found my self banned for greifing Web64's path ( http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/page,BanLookup.html?username=Alec2435 ). Could we please have this straightened out because I feel that it is unfair that I should be banned for something that I was explicitly allowed to do. Also PandaDork could you please come and comment your opinion.

[Edit] After further thought about this dispute I had remembered that this path had belonged to "town" and was built for the town by Web64 for improved transportation within it. On the day of the events it Web64 had claimed he was splitting from the town and that the new ownership could be chosen amongst the people of the town. This leadership position was given to me. With witch I took the opportunity to improve the "Common Areas". Upon Web64's return to opticraft he noticed the changes in the common areas and viewed them as a greif to his propertey.

Thank you,
Alec2435
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:21:39 pm by Alec2435 »

PandaDork

• SMP TRUSTED
    • View Profile
Re: [codepmman] Alec2435's Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 02:46:33 am »
I completely agree and understand Alec's argument. I remember when Alec and I had the discussion with Web64, he was completely ok with us splitting apart from his town and handed Alec the rights to reconstruct our part of the path at his own will. Do realize Web and Alec have an ongoing rivalry as well which may have influenced these events. I feel this bann was uncalled for, and completely unfair.

codepmman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 08:43:04 pm »
well thanks for letting me know... considering I have 2 people telling me one story and a different story from only one other person I fell like you should be un banned... fyi he did call grief ... alec you will be un banned
Creepin........Like a boss

BECAUSE IM BIGGER THAN YOU

Alec2435

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 12:26:50 pm »
Thank you !