May 13, 2024, 10:12:42 pm

Author Topic: Make TNT usable  (Read 11797 times)

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
Re: Make TNT usable
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 11:34:23 am »
I agree with JLS. If you want a "explosion" feeling you should use fireworks. To make one rocket all you need is 1 gun powder, paper and some dye. This stuff is easier to acquire (gun powder wise) and isn't a block thought as a "grief block" I love that you are enthusiastic about TNT, but I think fireworks are a safer, more colorful alternative.
Im back.... I think

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 11:55:31 am »
The only thing I think is good to use TNT for is .....Nothing.Its silly just silly The only thing I think Its good for is TNT targets for tnt cannons but I dont think TNT will ever be enabeld

Don't take this the wrong way, but you can't have put much thought into it then.

1. Demolishing your own structures would go much quicker if TNT were usable. Might seem like a silly thing, but when a structure is no longer useful to you and you want to replace it, TNT is a much easier way to destroy it.

2. Exploring caves would be much easier if you could place a bit of TNT every so often. Would be much quicker than mining the blocks anyway.

3. As I stated in the OP, digging holes would be much easier with some strategically placed TNT.

4. Also, it's kinda fun to be able to just blow up the environment.

JLSLover123

• Hi there :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 12:47:47 pm »
The only thing I think is good to use TNT for is .....Nothing.Its silly just silly The only thing I think Its good for is TNT targets for tnt cannons but I dont think TNT will ever be enabeld

Don't take this the wrong way, but you can't have put much thought into it then.

1. Demolishing your own structures would go much quicker if TNT were usable. Might seem like a silly thing, but when a structure is no longer useful to you and you want to replace it, TNT is a much easier way to destroy it.

2. Exploring caves would be much easier if you could place a bit of TNT every so often. Would be much quicker than mining the blocks anyway.

3. As I stated in the OP, digging holes would be much easier with some strategically placed TNT.

But what if you have a friend mining with u and they didnt know u were using the tntand u light the tnt friend dies u get banned he argues u never get on the server again oh joy-.-

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 01:01:40 pm »

But what if you have a friend mining with u and they didnt know u were using the tntand u light the tnt friend dies u get banned he argues u never get on the server again oh joy-.-

Which is why, if TNT were usable, it shouldn't be able to damage players, which I actually said in the OP.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 06:17:45 pm »
Just because you find something "silly" doesnt mean you can simply retract the blunt usefulness of something. Do i think tnt will be enabled? No probably not.. it would have to be deject3d or optical to code this anyway. Being as they are both fairly busy I'd assume nothing will come of this suggestion tbh

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2013, 06:25:37 pm »
Just because you find something "silly" doesnt mean you can simply retract the blunt usefulness of something. Do i think tnt will be enabled? No probably not.. it would have to be deject3d or optical to code this anyway. Being as they are both fairly busy I'd assume nothing will come of this suggestion tbh

I'd be surprised if it was implemented any time soon as well tbh, however, I felt it couldn't hurt suggesting it and hoping for the best.

JLSLover123

• Hi there :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 11:30:08 pm »
Also this is already a topic Frobalt http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,5202.0.html

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 11:53:59 pm »
Also this is already a topic Frobalt http://www.opticraft.net/index.php/topic,5202.0.html

That topic is nearly 2 years old. Not really relevant now.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 09:02:12 pm »
Let's do it this way. Each plus is a point, and each minus reduces it to one. Each trait can get up to three.

PROS

Great for mining underground ++
Easy to create defense systems with, even if it is a bit overkill +
Fun +
Easy to flatten land if controlled properly +

CONS

Extremely destructive, by far best grief tool ever ---
Would result in constant monitoring of players -
I don't know if LB detects TNT damage --
Even honest players can accidentally put down a bit too much TNT, blowing up stuff that shouldn't be blown up --

So there you have it. Uses for bad outweigh the uses for good by two.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 10:41:44 pm »
And on the old topic that jsl pointed out...
nick said that the anti creeper explosion plugin also affects tnt explosions... regarding blocks anyways, but after all it IS 2 years old so not so sure
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

ComputerGameLPer

• The Helpful Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2013, 04:55:09 am »
Now let's do it that way /w the suggestions people previously said.
Let's do it this way. Each plus is a point, and each minus reduces it to one. Each trait can get up to three.

PROS

Fun +

CONS

Extremely destructive, by far best grief tool ever --- (Only destroy's placers buildings)
Would result in constant monitoring of players - (Only destroy's placers buildings)
I don't know if LB detects TNT damage -- (LB will only be needed on colaboratinal projects -)
Even honest players can accidentally put down a bit too much TNT, blowing up stuff that shouldn't be blown up -- (Only destroys placers stuff, plus players should make sure they use TNT in moderation amts.)

Total= +4
(click to show/hide)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2013, 05:15:10 am »

PROS

Fun +

CONS

Extremely destructive, by far best grief tool ever --- (Only destroy's placers buildings)
Would result in constant monitoring of players - (Only destroy's placers buildings)
I don't know if LB detects TNT damage -- (LB will only be needed on colaboratinal projects -)
Even honest players can accidentally put down a bit too much TNT, blowing up stuff that shouldn't be blown up -- (Only destroys placers stuff, plus players should make sure they use TNT in moderation amts.)

Total= +4
Get to writing the code to regulate those 4 things you crossed out. Let me know when you're done.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 12:18:21 am »

PROS

Fun +

CONS

Total= +4
Get to writing the code to regulate those 4 things you crossed out. Let me know when you're done.
There are a few people here that could right code to regulate those things, i think chief149 might be able to and some other people that are in school for IT and tech stuff. If dej or optical are way too busy as i assume they are, we could have someone else step in to help.

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 12:24:50 am »

PROS

Fun +

CONS

Total= +4
There are a few people here that could right code to regulate those things, i think chief149 might be able to and some other people that are in school for IT and tech stuff. If dej or optical are way too busy as i assume they are, we could have someone else step in to help.

S'pose I might as well do it.

I did just get a degree in games programming, might as well use it :P

Edit:

Although, tbh with you, I don't have the time or patience to learn how to code plugins in bukkit.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 01:21:55 am by frobalt »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 01:58:37 am »
I mainly said that as a joke, there is pretty much a 0% chance of this ever happening.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident