May 05, 2024, 06:25:53 pm

Author Topic: !Selling Diamonds!  (Read 4301 times)

JLSLover123

• Hi there :P
    • View Profile
!Selling Diamonds!
« on: July 13, 2013, 08:31:56 am »
This is a suggestion I have been craving to say out.Yes as the title clearly says 'Selling Diamonds'.Well Alot of people complain about not being able to sell diamonds so this is what I came up with so when you vote you get a diamond but how about you change the name so you cant sell it but the diamonds you find you can sell this is really bugging me out.I don't think this will be added but it is a suggestion :D

EDIT: Automatically changes the name of the diamond you have voted for.The ones you find you can sell is what I was saying :/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 01:29:41 pm by JLSLover123 »

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: !Selling Diamonds!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 08:53:12 am »
That's actually an interesting idea...
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 12:14:53 pm »
You would have to add anew item to the game... Wouldn't that require a client side mod?
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 03:46:22 pm »
If you renamed the diamonds then you could simply rename them "diamond" in an anvil. You would have to hardcode some sort of blocker so the item couldnt be renamed, which I dont think is possible in vanilla as of yet.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2013, 02:43:25 am »
So, if someone makes the effort to get the exp to rename their diamonds, then wouldn't that be worth the money earned from selling them anyways?

Also, if diamonds were sellable to the market, then the vote reward could come in two forms. It could either come in diamond form, or you could sell the diamonds and get money for your vote reward. I'm sure a lot of newbies would enjoy that.

Best griefer name ^

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 03:58:58 am »
If you renamed the diamonds then you could simply rename them "diamond" in an anvil. You would have to hardcode some sort of blocker so the item couldnt be renamed, which I dont think is possible in vanilla as of yet.
I don't think we're in vanilla... are we?
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

hennydeez

• aka Henz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 07:07:53 am »
This is probably the best idea in terms of "selling diamonds", but yeah this wouldn't require a client-side mod, and it is possible to prevent the user from receiving the renamed item.

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2013, 08:34:22 am »
Wouldn't it just be easier to add a damage value to the diamond based on whether it can be sold or not?

Admittedly, I don't know much about how damage values work in Minecraft, but I wouldn't be surprised if all items are capable of having 1.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2013, 12:23:30 pm »
i made this suggestion like 8 months ago, but it was you get "voting diamonds" when you vote that you cant sell but can use

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 04:32:48 am »
I guess there could be a change in the voting system where the diamonds you receive are named "voting diamonds" and they won't sell to the market.
Meanwhile the diamonds you mine are just called diamonds.

Also to rename each "voting diamond" to diamond would require 5xp per diamond, and it would take time. And of course it takes iron to make the anvils required. So I don't think renaming would be an issue, because players would spend more money and time renaming their voting diamonds than they would spend just mining normal diamonds to sell.

Best griefer name ^

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2013, 05:28:05 am »
i agree with chief.