May 21, 2024, 10:15:51 am

Poll

What Actions Should Be Taken?

Disable ps stones
8 (53.3%)
Leave end as is
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: New End.  (Read 5765 times)

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
New End.
« on: July 09, 2013, 09:54:47 pm »
New End Solutions

Now i know there have been alot of suggestions on what to do with the new end, and i believe i have a solution to all the problems  presented. firstly, people believe that this end should be reserved for end dragon hunting only, i believe this is slightly greedy and anybody should be able to build and create in the end. Also, there is the other side, people wanting to protect the whole end just to stop people from building, and leaving it clean of players buildings. i believe what should happen, is the end should be a place to build, and also to kill, i believe that protection stones should be completely disabled in the end, leaving players able to collect the dragon egg, and also build. this will prevent people from being greedy, and trying to claim the end for them selves, and also keep the hunters happy. there are 2 parts to this, it will make everybody happy, but would also require more work, involving signs telling people that grief is not acceptable even though ps stones are disabled, and possibly even a new rules room. i believe that this would allow people to more easily grief, but with caution, and diligence from the staff, it would be possible to stop these people before problems arise. another issue is death holes, i believe that if a player digs the last row of blocks, and makes a possible hazard to other players, it should be their responsibility to fill the hole back in. end stone mining should be frowned upon, but not illegal.

- Tell me what you think, and be sure to vote
- Booorad

frobalt

• View Profile
Re: New End.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 09:58:25 pm »
There is always a compromise option:

Protect the initial area of the end from building/destroying, but allow people to build off the main island for enderman farms and what-not.

However, even that's not needed as the other ends don't have boundaries anyway.

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 10:01:13 pm »
you are correct, but protection stops players from being able to collect the eggs, and therefore if the dragon dies over the protected area then the egg could not be obtained. so if ps stones are disabled, then it would stop people from loosing eggs. turning off protection stones is the compromise. and people can make enderman farms in the old end worlds.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:02:45 pm by Booorad »

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:05:16 pm »
1. if the dragon dies over a ps, you hit the egg into a non protected area and get it

2. this probably stemmed from the rumor that me and bronie were planning to protect the entire end. This is something he said sarcastically and is not true. The entire end wont be protected, the admins will see to it that there are clear areas im sure.

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 02:18:22 am »
no, this post is a response to all of the bickering going on about the new end, and how people want to keep it clean and build free :P this does somewhat include you, but mostly just to stop the complaining.

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 03:49:38 am »
I am planning on building a platform above the end so that people can build below and fight on top, but i am not entirely sure if i have the resources to do it
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 04:12:56 am »
I am planning on building a platform above the end so that people can build below and fight on top, but i am not entirely sure if i have the resources to do it
I would not allow you to do that anyways.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 04:44:02 am »
no, this post is a response to all of the bickering going on about the new end, and how people want to keep it clean and build free :P this does somewhat include you, but mostly just to stop the complaining.

Its a response to the bickering about the end? Seems to me its about disabling the PS'

No one is worried over protecting the end, that's been dealt with. The problem was people building in it, however, I dont care about that anymore. I have a small area being built on and some staff members do. A few people still want this end proetected from use as a building world, however, I'm sure managing this end the same as member world end will be fine.

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 06:29:08 am »
i am not complaining about the building in the end, far from it. i unbiased when it come to building in the end, i just think this would be a suitable compromise to the end situation, and make everybody happy. i have no intentions of building in the end, nor do i have intentions to hunt the dragon. gavin your feed back is appreciated, but this is not about you, this is about making players who desire different things happy with the end result. just give people time to read this, and give feed back, it may be a suggestion more people think is worth putting into effect.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:32:52 am by Booorad »

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 06:43:27 am »
are we allowed to build in it anyway?

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 06:57:23 am »
Yes, the ends are, and will remain 100% open to building.
are we allowed to build in it anyway?

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 03:12:52 pm »
I actually think disabling the PS', save for the one on the obsidian platform would be a good idea

Booorad

• Nuke em'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 03:27:07 pm »
well, if ps are disabled, then there cant really be any exceptions, so i would suggest a small spawn area with city protection.

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 03:50:25 pm »
        Thats great. Sounds good.
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

NotABronie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 05:15:46 pm »
I would not allow you to do that anyways.
Why would that be not allowed?
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D