June 06, 2024, 01:28:55 pm

Author Topic: Dis true? PvP!  (Read 6833 times)

Afro_

• No, don't look here look there --->
    • View Profile
Dis true? PvP!
« on: July 09, 2013, 09:31:39 pm »
SO. I was talking with gavin earlier today, and he sad that Nick made his /home end enabled with PvP? He said that if I or some1 else asked Nick, he would do that to somewhere we wanted PvP in. Dis true?
Poor seaweed. He looks so weird toilets in a tree with no car on.
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dis true? PvP!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 10:25:03 pm »
The end wasnt supposed to have pvp, and it was removed.

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 11:06:00 pm »
Not what happened, we found out the end had pvp so i disabled the end home until nick could fix it

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:19:23 pm »
Yeah, once we all figured out that the end had pvp enabled, we all kinda blocked off the end to everyone else. We made it public again after Nick came on and removed pvp from the world.

_gavin, I think Nick also got pissed off at you protecting most of the end lol. He was pissed at me as well until he realized I was only taking one of the towers.

Best griefer name ^

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 01:05:23 am »
It sounds like you guys are acting like you own the end.

Edit: I'm not saying its a bad thing you guys closed it off so nobody kills each other, that's actually a good thing.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 01:23:36 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 05:14:57 am »
     Yes, this is good and bad, but I dundz like how so few players can cut the whole server off from the end entirely.
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 06:38:52 am »
     Yes, this is good and bad, but I dundz like how so few players can cut the whole server off from the end entirely.
It was temporary for peoples safety
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 12:00:50 pm »

Could you elaborate on that a bit?
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 12:11:48 pm »

Tons of people kept going to _gavin's /home end. Then they were killing each other. _gavin removed the home, and the only people remaining were he and I, iGen, and one or two others. _gavin even asked me to leave, but then changed his mind deciding that he could trust me not to attack anyone. In the meantime we PM'ed Nick, and a few minutes later he came on to disable pvp in the new end. Then _gavin re-made his /home end, and I announced over global chat that the end could be accessed through his home.

By protecting players we mean:
Keeping them from getting killed (by each other)
Keeping them from getting banned since killing other players is illegal on this server.

But forget it now. The end is public. Personally, the only piece of the end I want is the tower I claimed with a PS, and the little bit of land the PS protects around the tower. I used a diamond PS, but I'm soon going to remove it and place a lapis ps instead.

Best griefer name ^

Afro_

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 05:18:29 pm »
So no more asking Nick for Pvp?
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »
Not what happened, we found out the end had pvp so i disabled the end home until nick could fix it
So that's why people were mad at you

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 06:28:45 pm »

Tons of people kept going to _gavin's /home end. Then they were killing each other. _gavin removed the home, and the only people remaining were he and I, iGen, and one or two others. _gavin even asked me to leave, but then changed his mind deciding that he could trust me not to attack anyone. In the meantime we PM'ed Nick, and a few minutes later he came on to disable pvp in the new end. Then _gavin re-made his /home end, and I announced over global chat that the end could be accessed through his home.

Keeping them from getting banned since killing other players is illegal on this server.

But forget it now. The end is public. Personally, the only piece of the end I want is the tower I claimed with a PS, and the little bit of land the PS protects around the tower. I used a diamond PS, but I'm soon going to remove it and place a lapis ps instead.
       Unless they were planning on banning 15+ people, then no one would've been banned
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 06:49:23 pm »
So that's why people were mad at you
people were mad that we were still in the end when they couldnt access it. "oh they think they own the end" was thrown around a lot. Simple enough. no. We dont own the end. At the time the only access to the end was my /home end. I removed the /home to stop people from death or being banned. Several mods said that anyone caught killing anyone would be banned. People were mad that i removed the home because they thought we were hoarding the end. It was a 15 minute time frame they couldnt access it. I think they should have been fine

Unless they were planning on banning 15+ people, then no one would've been banned
also, yes. they would have banned 15+ people. because thats how many people were coming to the /home end and killing each other

edit: this really was all my fault, i said pvp was enabled in the end in global. as soon as people started going crazy i removed the home.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:53:46 pm by __gavin »

Afro_

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 07:51:56 pm »
Then doesn't that mean like 20 people would be banned including me?
                  Opticraft:
SMP Trusted

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 08:10:41 pm »
Then doesn't that mean like 20 people would be banned including me?
Did you kill anyone? I sure hope you didn't.

---><--- Click the monkey