May 07, 2024, 06:28:48 pm

Author Topic: Any suggestions for an xp farm design?  (Read 2881 times)

frobalt

• View Profile
Any suggestions for an xp farm design?
« on: June 24, 2013, 05:07:55 am »
I want to make myself an efficient xp farm, but I need a good design. Unfortunately, the best design I know of won't work due to the bug with water (if you remove a source, another can be created when the water is decaying).

So, does anyone know of any designs for xp farms that:

1. Don't rely on an oscillating water supply (source blocks are created and destroyed constantly  to flush mobs)
2. Doesn't rely on mob movement, as mobs can only move when within 32 blocks of a player (according to the wiki), and since they don't spawn until you're 22 (or is it 23 blocks away?) this means a farm relying on it would have to be small.

No major rush for suggestions, as I'm currently digging a big hole so that I can make sure the only place mobs can spawn, when standing near my xp farm, are in the farm itself.

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
Re: Any suggestions for an xp farm design?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 05:26:15 am »
        I could show you an effecient design ingame. Idk who originally made it...
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 05:53:06 am »
For raw xp the best two would be either an enderman farm or a double blaze spawner.

Problem with blazes is its too hard to find a good double spawner and unfortunately there's throttling in place on all mob spawners a so trying to use a single spawner, while fairly quick, is far less efficient.

The enderman are a much quicker farm, given the spawner throttling, but comes with its own set of problems such as building a secluded platform in the emptiness in the end world, it's also heavily reliant on pistons to funnel them. And also last I heard there was a mojang bug that randomly causes the enderman to stop spawning.

Course if you're feeling professional and it's not about Lvling rapidly you could find a mob that drops an item you want and then u get more from your time, personally I use my gold farm for xp since I get free gold do sell
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:48:32 am »
        I could show you an effecient design ingame. Idk who originally made it...

if you mean the zombie spawner, I did.

For raw xp the best two would be either an enderman farm or a double blaze spawner.

Problem with blazes is its too hard to find a good double spawner and unfortunately there's throttling in place on all mob spawners a so trying to use a single spawner, while fairly quick, is far less efficient.

The enderman are a much quicker farm, given the spawner throttling, but comes with its own set of problems such as building a secluded platform in the emptiness in the end world, it's also heavily reliant on pistons to funnel them. And also last I heard there was a mojang bug that randomly causes the enderman to stop spawning.

Course if you're feeling professional and it's not about Lvling rapidly you could find a mob that drops an item you want and then u get more from your time, personally I use my gold farm for xp since I get free gold do sell

And Tiggy, could you help me with my blaze spawner? Pls?
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 05:29:01 pm »

It's all about leveling rapidly. I want to be able to enchant my own weapons/tools without having to spend ages getting to 30 every time.

I have bought access to an enderman farm, but I'd rather have my own  where I'm not having to compete. If I can find a good enderman farm design, I'll certainly try and build one, but having a normal mob trap would also be useful for drops as well.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 06:06:49 pm »
Go for the enderman farm, for 200k _gavin will build you one.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 06:09:39 pm »
Also the end has no border so you can go out 10k blocks and not worry about neighbors

And yes, I make farms for 200k. I've made farms for Daniel 121801 and dropzone1446

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 06:16:25 pm »
Good point. I have over 200k and it's not like i'm using it much at the minute. I also donated for extra homes too, so don't have to worry about that.

I'll take you up on that offer actually - Would certainly be much easier for me :P

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 08:32:22 am »
Lol i suck at farms Exxxxxept for mob cages!