May 07, 2024, 05:14:59 am

Author Topic: Free access iron farm - 27 cells  (Read 4293 times)

frobalt

• View Profile
Free access iron farm - 27 cells
« on: June 19, 2013, 09:05:31 am »
So, I've built myself an iron farm and am giving access away. All you have to do is go to /home frobalt ironfarm.

However, there is a slight catch: The collection area has a system of hoppers that filters the drops into 4 double chests. They distribute them evenly among the chests. I am only giving away access to 1 of these 4 chests, and ofc, you'll be competing with others for the contents of the chest.

This is only a trial run for now. If it turns out it causes too much hassle due to people getting annoyed that others are getting the drops before they can, I will remove access for everyone.

Since the hopper system distributes loot fairly evenly, the rate should be quite good, as it is a fully functioning 27 cell system, but as a bonus the way I've set it up means that if any chest and the hopper it is connected to fills up, other chests will receive more drops. This ensures that a chest filling up doesn't result in lost drops. So if all 3 of the other chests fill up before I can empty them, all the drops will go towards the public access chest.

I can't stress this enough: I am giving this access free to anyone that wants to use it, so the loot goes to whoever manages to get it first. Hopefully this will be done in a civil manner, as I don't want to remove access to it.

Also, I want to note that I will not be currently selling access to the other chests. It's possible I might change this in future though if I can figure out a way to do it.

http://smp.opticraft.net/map/#/106/64/3529/-3/1/0 - Live map link

Edit: P.S. I cannot guarantee that this chest will have a good drop rate, but since access is being given for free, it is bound to be a bonus - My main intention for this is for people that need iron as a material rather than those that want to use it to gain money.

Edit: 22/07/13 - 3rd chest has been opened up for public use.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:06:21 pm by frobalt »

NotABronie

• View Profile
Re: Free access iron farm - 27 cells
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 03:05:12 pm »
Thanks VM frobalt , for imna be building like 4 more blaze farms and an enderman farm when the time comes and I'm sure I am not the only one, so thanks for spotting people alike myself some iron
Sincerely,
NotABronie
(click to show/hide)
Quote from: CaveJohnson
We're not banging rocks together here, we know how to put a body back together :D

ChocolateChloe17

• Co-owner of Xanadu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 03:12:56 pm »
It looks cool might try it

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 03:37:51 pm »
An update to this: I've given access to 2 chests now.

ChocolateChloe17

• Co-owner of Xanadu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 04:57:14 pm »
Nice

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 02:02:35 pm »
Just so people know, I'm going to make this private again for a bit, purely because I want to be able to properly gauge what the drop rate is, which is pretty difficult to do with people taking out of the chests while I'm zooming around the tracks.

Will update this thread if I make it public again.

OzzyKP

• I sleep with the fishes.
    • View Profile
    • National Youth Rights Association
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 05:59:48 pm »
Brilliant idea.
Owner & Creator of Aquain, a huge underwater city in the old guest world.  Check out info on my underwater city here.

unkmar2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 07:05:04 pm »
Oh, cool.  I was enjoying the farm.  Glad to know the private is likely temporary.

Jasonbobby

• Epicness!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 01:42:21 am »
YES AT LEAST ITS TEMP!
Super COOl! Diamonds for 300 each at /home jasonbobby!!! Free mine to use at /home jasonbobby mine

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 06:10:49 am »
Back to being public.

Also, to those that aren't aware, there is also access to an ender chest as well as enchantment table with enough bookshelves to enchant level 30.

I did have a free ender pearls chest, but it seems someone felt the need to use it to grief, so I've got rid of it.

There is also access to the old guest world nether.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 07:01:40 am »
wow this is public and i just found out! well dang it thx frobalt
_gogs

ChocolateChloe17

• Co-owner of Xanadu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 04:52:59 pm »
Back to being public.

Also, to those that aren't aware, there is also access to an ender chest as well as enchantment table with enough bookshelves to enchant level 30.

I did have a free ender pearls chest, but it seems someone felt the need to use it to grief, so I've got rid of it.

There is also access to the old guest world nether.

Nice

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 08:05:25 pm »
I've not been spending much time online these days, which isn't likely to change if I get the job I hope to get, I've opened a 3rd chest to the public.