June 16, 2024, 10:43:13 am

Author Topic: They way how people make money  (Read 4614 times)

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
They way how people make money
« on: June 16, 2013, 02:04:11 am »
Hey guys I was wondering what the best way to make money is. But wait there's more. I think that in the game, we're separated as poor or rich people, there is no middle class. I think that the middle class players should be considered as  having about 20-30k. So I want to know what you guys think about the Opticraft economy and transitioning into a tripart economy. But my reasoning is different to other mediums of getting into the middle class. Say you worked on a massive project to achieve economic success, I want to know about the factors that contribute into your success; time, if you hired people, expensive supplies, etc.. In my opinion, the Opticraft Goal is completing that massive project and thinking how awesome it is. As an Opticraft player, I want to think about different ways of getting money, none of that mining dirt/cobble and selling it to the market, the market is a robbery in my opinion. I owned a shop for a while and had many people come, I checked many of their balances, and I'd say about 3/10 people I checked had over 25K/30K. I think that is kind of unreasonable, especially because of the hard work players put into their projects. But I don't understand or know every situation to getting money, so I want some of your opinions.

- Cattfish0612
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 02:29:16 am by joshskiizz »

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Re: They way how people make money
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 02:36:07 am »
Everyone who has become extremely rich has done it through farms.

First there were melon and pumpkin farms, and no AFK kicker.
They were removed. Sadly I missed this amazing profit machine.

Then cacti farms came around. I built the largest auto cacti farm in the entire server. Made bitchin amounts of money (100's of thousands from afking at my huge ass cacti farm).
Cactus got removed. I gave alicia the honor of worldediting the farm into thin air to clear up server resources since cacti farms can't be simply switched off like a melon or pumpkin farm.

Then an AFK kicker was put into place. Iron farming became the #1 method of farming alongside gold farms. Gold farms are more rare due to the fact that they are hard to build because you need a HUGE area in the nether with no spawnable ground (all lava). Iron farms right now are the biggest money makers at the moment. I've made hundreds of thousands from it so far. Of course iron ingots prices got cut in half. However, I don't see iron ingots being nerfed anymore or being removed because iron farms are very limited as far as how much iron you can get from one, and they need to be huge as hell, and only so many can be made in the world (since they have to be far apart from each other and from any villages to prevent interference.

What I'm trying to say here is, if you want to get rich:

Best griefer name ^

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 02:38:17 am »
lol thx for the reply :)

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2013, 12:46:08 pm »
Well chief, I have an iron farm and am building a gold farm. There is another block that pigment can't spawn on: halfslabs. S you need either a huge lava lake or a large area covered in halfslabs.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Popman

• AKA Popman64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 05:55:11 pm »
I really wnat money too so if anyones selling a iron farm plz Pm me :D

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 06:36:36 pm »
False, I've never had a farm.

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 04:25:12 am »
Then how did you make money selling stone?/stone bricks?

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 05:06:39 am »
Gold farms are still much more tricky to create than an iron farm. Iron farms only need doors and villagers. I mean, you have to cover all of the nether in freakin half slabs to make your farm work! Unless you can somehow get above the bedrock layer at the top of the nether.

Best griefer name ^

ModernCreator.

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 09:16:16 am »
What i did was make a massive town and sell it for about 55k it has o be nice and big thats how it works for me :)

ModernCreator.

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 09:20:32 am »
What i did was make a massive town and sell it for about 55k it has o be nice and big thats how it works for me :)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 11:20:32 am »
Then how did you make money selling stone?/stone bricks?
By being on the server since release, selling various categories of items throughout that time, and occasionally donating.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 04:38:36 pm »
Mine nether quartz. If you can find people who want it, you can make a couple grand per stack.

Also, slime balls seem to be in as well.

But one that is definitely going to be big is leather, and wool. Either make a leather farm or wool farm. Both will bring great profits as they have the most popular uses, but are in very limited supply. Same with clay. That stuff is selling like crazy.

Best griefer name ^

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 10:11:51 pm »
Same with clay. That stuff is selling like crazy.

Guilty
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gogar72

• Architect
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2013, 05:58:51 am »
Sugarcane sells in the old guest world for 10 bucks a stack /warp guest2 then /warp market ive made a few grand from selling chest fulls may not be the fastest but it gets rid of your sugar cane

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 07:38:43 pm »
Gold farms are still much more tricky to create than an iron farm. Iron farms only need doors and villagers. I mean, you have to cover all of the nether in freakin half slabs to make your farm work! Unless you can somehow get above the bedrock layer at the top of the nether.

Wait a sec... I could do that using /back! Could you show me ingame what I would need to do up there?
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*