May 04, 2024, 11:34:47 pm

Author Topic: Moderator App - ViperZeroOne  (Read 1631 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Moderator App - ViperZeroOne
« on: June 11, 2013, 03:11:47 pm »
Before starting, yes I know the applications are closed, but I've had so many people PMing me to reapply that I figured I'd get it done.  In addition, when I left I was told "just let us know when you want to reapply", so...

Timezone:  Eastern Standard Time

Were you recommended by anyone?:  Too many to list, but they can feel free to add their names if they like.

Why you should become a moderator:  As pretty much everyone knows, I've been a moderator here on Opticraft before.  Due to being opinionated, having a lot of IRL issues, and having suffered a bit of minecraft burnout, I ended up leaving and not really on a good note.

I've been running my own small personal server now for 2 years and have come to the conclusion that as an owner you can't always make everyone happy, you just do the best you can and hope for the best.  That experience has allowed me to reevaluate my decision in leaving and, while stepping away was the best thing for me to do at the time, I've come to the conclusion that taking a leave of absence probably would have been better than leaving the way I did.

I'm looking to return to a Moderator position, and perhaps in time work my way up from there.  I'm extremely familiar with the vast majority of plugins used on this server, as I've used them on my own, so that's no issue.  Just looking to satisfy the public's cry to return to my former position and reverse a bad decision I made last year.

Thanks for your reconsideration.  I'll respect whatever decision you guys make.

EDIT:  I appreciate you doing your job 2crzy4uall, however I wish you would have not moved it to "Rejected" until an Admin saw it, since they were the ones who told me to "reapply" at any time and make the judgement call on applications.  It's my understanding that an application can be posted at any time if you have been given permission to do so, which is what I was given when I originally left.  Regardless, I'll do as you suggest and discuss it with an Admin the next time I see one.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 06:02:45 pm by ViperZeroOne »
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator App - ViperZeroOne
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 03:55:15 pm »
       I have heard some good things about you but haven't met you yet. Hopefully I can soon. But you should wait for Apps to open up again I think. But regardless, Supported.
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:15:40 pm »
y i support too, you were a great mod in the past. but its what andersad says, you have to wait until the apps are open i think. (exept if you have permission from an admin to make this app)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:17:25 pm by zwaan111 »

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 05:34:58 pm »
I support you :)  You were a great mod. Good luck :)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 05:50:11 pm »
Like you said, the applications are closed. However I think you should have pm'd an Admin prior to this and let them know you wanted to apply, seems like that's what they told you to begin with.