June 15, 2024, 12:06:32 pm

Author Topic: Another Pvp Suggestion.  (Read 5336 times)

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
Re: Another Pvp Suggestion.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 05:26:35 am »
I mean, I know Nick as well as the other admins are against adding PVP. From my point of view however, it seems that the demand for it to be somehow implemented on this server has grown. People seem to be more up for it than a few months ago.
It is not that I am against it, it is more that I feel adding a form of PVP that is too simplistic (A few arenas of people just running in circles) will be a waste of time because once the initial excitement wears off very few people will play it. Plus it has a tendency to bring in cheaters to the server.
     I totally see both sides of the arguement. I myself am undecided becase I love pvp and want it, but at the same time, I dont want it.  :-\
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 03:19:06 pm »
on a different server:

could fix the problem of setting homes, now that we know there is already a plugin.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 03:20:55 pm »
on a different server:

could fix the problem of setting homes, now that we know there is already a plugin.
If we do get pvp this will be used in the arenas, but like i said, all arenas will be controlled by us.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 03:23:09 pm »
on a different server:

If we do get pvp this will be used in the arenas, but like i said, all arenas will be controlled by us.
That is, I assume, if we do implement any sort of PvP system.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 06:02:13 pm »
on a different server:

could always have an arena building contest and use any ones u think are good enough, people do love contests :D
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 06:29:02 pm »
on a different server:

Yes tiggy, that is what I was trying to imply with this suggestion guys, say you build a pvp arena, the staff can choose to use it or not then they controll it after but there is like signs recignizing that you built the arena or something like that.

could always have an arena building contest and use any ones u think are good enough, people do love contests :D

PokeyzRule

• IGN: chinesehorse
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2013, 12:18:03 am »
on a different server:

Yes tiggy, that is what I was trying to imply with this suggestion guys, say you build a pvp arena, the staff can choose to use it or not then they controll it after but there is like signs recignizing that you built the arena or something like that.

Whoops accidentally hit the post button, but yea i totally agree... a contest... yea... it would be awesome :)
Quote from: Winston Churchill
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Mew York
Get Razer Game Booster for free now!

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2013, 12:58:35 pm »

I mean, I know Nick as well as the other admins are against adding PVP. From my point of view however, it seems that the demand for it to be somehow implemented on this server has grown. People seem to be more up for it than a few months ago.
It is not that I am against it, it is more that I feel adding a form of PVP that is too simplistic (A few arenas of people just running in circles) will be a waste of time because once the initial excitement wears off very few people will play it. Plus it has a tendency to bring in cheaters to the server.

I agree with Nick we don't need hackers and such or maybe little kids who think there good and when they lose they Blow the shit out of chat cause face if any were to lose it make the sever less friendly which would be turning away the good nice player and attraction the assholes and others

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2013, 03:22:42 pm »

I agree with Nick we don't need hackers and such or maybe little kids who think there good and when they lose they Blow the shit out of chat cause face if any were to lose it make the sever less friendly which would be turning away the good nice player and attraction the assholes and others
       Hey, let me tell you. Im 12, and some off those "little kids" out there wouldnt rage if they lose. You would proably be more likely to rage than me if you lose.