May 05, 2024, 08:01:27 am

Author Topic: Chest Shop  (Read 15096 times)

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Chest Shop
« on: June 05, 2013, 10:18:51 pm »
Even with the server market there appears to still be a demand for player-operated shops on the server.  I've had some good experience with a specific plugin for Bukkit called ChestShop.

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/chestshop/

This very simple plugin allows players to create shops with just a sign and a chest.  It links in beautifully with most economy plugins and even has the ability to function seamlessly with LWC and LogBlock.  There virtually is no database overhead because the plugin just reads the signs and links to the nearby chest.

It also has really easy permission nodes so it's a really simple addition to the permission system;

ChestShop.shop.create.* - create all types of shops
ChestShop.shop.buy - buy any item from shop
ChestShop.shop.sell - sell any item to shop
ChestShop.mod - open any shop chest, destroy stores
ChestShop.admin - open any shop chest, destroy stores, create admin shops
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
Re: Chest Shop
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 10:34:25 pm »
This suggestion has already been suggested and I'm pretty sure it was denied. If you scroll down on this suggestions page, who can see frobalt's thread asking for the same thing. I would like for this to happen though too. The closest you can get to that is just make a chestshop or chest trading machine.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 10:46:24 pm by 360OLLIE »

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:19:35 pm »
Apparently there is some sort of duping glitch, but as far as I know, that was patched. And also, staff don't want players making shops right outside spawn, but, as far as I know from other servers with this plugin, that rarely ever happens. The one problem I do know with this is that there is a way to scam players

Here is the way you put in the chestshop words (on a sign above a chest)

Code: [Select]
(your username)
(number of items)
B/S(B=Buy/S=Sell)(item cost)
item name

so it might look like:

goalieguy60
S 500
diamond
this means that a person can sell one diamond to the chest for and in return get $500.

The problem is, people can do
goalieguy60
S 1
diamond
this means the person will sell 500 diamonds to the chest for one dollar. Most people will view this still as $500 for one diamond, because they see the 500 and the 1, and by common sense people will assume it is $500 for one diamond. This could be counted as scamming but other than this just read the sign carefully before a huge payment and we could be fine with this plugin. I personally give it ***** stars.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:40:14 am by That Goalie Guy »

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 02:09:35 am »
Holy shit! Hi Viper, long time no see. Anyhoo people who are determined to make shops, Like myself, can do it with redstone pretty easily.

ViperZeroOne

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 02:36:32 am »
Apparently there is some sort of duping glitch, but as far as I know, that was patched.

You're correct that there WAS a duping glitch quite some time ago, but it's been removed.  It doesn't allow you to make an "invalid" sign anymore.
"I griefed because my dog sat on my mouse and farted!"
- BAN APPEAL DENIED!!

Dark Knight eh?.... I'M BATMAN!!!  ;)

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 03:33:03 am »
I have experiance with this plug-in before aswell. But I think it is not necassry because you can do it with redstone.

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 05:27:15 pm »
Apparently there is some sort of duping glitch, but as far as I know, that was patched. And also, staff don't want players making shops right outside spawn, but, as far as I know from other servers with this plugin, that rarely ever happens. The one problem I do know with this is that there is a way to scam players

Here is the way you put in the chestshop words (on a sign above a chest)

(your username)
(number of items)
B/S(B=Buy/S=Sell)(item cost)
item name

so it might look like:

goalieguy60
S 500
diamond
this means that a person can sell one diamond to the chest for and in return get $500.

The problem is, people can do
goalieguy60
S 1
diamond
this means the person will sell 500 diamonds to the chest for one dollar. Most people will view this still as $500 for one diamond, because they see the 500 and the 1, and by common sense people will assume it is $500 for one diamond. This could be counted as scamming but other than this just read the sign carefully before a huge payment and we could be fine with this plugin. I personally give it ***** stars.

(click to show/hide)

I see your point about scamming but I honestly think it should come down to the player to notice these things themselves.

I've posted a thread about chest shops before and I definitely pledge my support for this idea.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 08:14:08 pm »
The main reason this was denied the first time was because the staff were afraid that these shops would be spammed all over the world...
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 08:41:47 pm »
The main reason this was denied the first time was because the staff were afraid that these shops would be spammed all over the world...
Pretty much this. We visited many servers over the course of how long it took us to put up the original 1.0 server and found servers with this plugin had chest shopped damn near everywhere. So we decided to not add it to this server.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 09:40:44 pm »
Pretty much this. We visited many servers over the course of how long it took us to put up the original 1.0 server and found servers with this plugin had chest shopped damn near everywhere. So we decided to not add it to this server.

When you say everywhere, do you mean as in people put chest shops in their bases or they literally set them up wherever they could so people could see them?

It's a shame there aren't ways to limit where you can place them. Obviously you could have a rule, but that would require moderators to work more which is a bit unfair on them really.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 08:04:03 pm »
How do you think it would look if it was a donation, and if you could only make them in a separate world? (Chest shop trading world)

---><--- Click the monkey

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 08:09:24 pm »
But then what would be the point? It would decrease trade among players a tremendous amount, and a few people would become billionaires off of this. Also, this world would just get spammed and people wouldn't know where to find deals that are actually reasonable.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Kantrex

• Dem kitty go rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 12:21:53 am »
This is awesome, especially if the times that you play on are abnormal, and mot a lot of people are on at your time.
[/url]

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 01:04:20 am »
Maybe in 1.0 chestshops were everywhere, but on 10+ servers I have been on, its been fine

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2013, 02:10:09 am »
Maybe in 1.0 chestshops were everywhere, but on 10+ servers I have been on, its been fine

Maybe it's worth having a trial run to see how it fares on this server.

If people do start spamming shops, either they can be punished or if it gets too much the plugin can just be taken away.

I know it's a hassle, but this server is big on its economy, so implementing a chest shop would be most useful. Doing trade shops like my own aren't the same as it's harder to set accurate prices on them.