May 05, 2024, 04:34:29 am

Poll

Do you think this will effect everyone or anything in general?

Yes, of course!
8 (47.1%)
No, of course not!
1 (5.9%)
Maybe, I dunno lol
3 (17.6%)
What's google?
5 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Future's getting weirder...  (Read 8914 times)

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
Future's getting weirder...
« on: May 29, 2013, 11:11:01 pm »
So... it's kinda like what the title says... The future IS getting weirder, and theres many things that may affect it. So for example, the Xbox One... No need for that when you have cable/direct t.v/at&t/walrus/etc.

Just wanted to state out that theres something called a "Google Glass." So basically they're like glasses and you can check mail, time, and all the basic stuff that google can do, except you can't surf the internet with it. Allow me to get some pictures:
(click to show/hide)

Or if you want to see what it does yourself, click here.

I honestly think that people would look like doofuses if everyone started wearing these, and besides, you can get mugged with them if you walk around with them... So what are your thoughts?
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

Supah_

• View Profile
Re: Future's getting weirder...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 03:23:27 pm »
I think the future is going to start off really technological then we basically turn into Spock and use glowing buttons and bleeping screens as the future
The self proclaimed OptiCraft Legend

erection

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:43:01 pm »
I think it is awesome that we are to a point in which we can simplify all of this into a pair of glasses. I think it is a step in the right direction of compacting today's technology. This is just testing the waters for great things to come. If we can put all of this into some glasses, think of what we can do in the future.

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 06:03:19 pm »
I think it is awesome that we are to a point in which we can simplify all of this into a pair of glasses. I think it is a step in the right direction of compacting today's technology. This is just testing the waters for great things to come. If we can put all of this into some glasses, think of what we can do in the future.

But this is what puzzles me. We came from caves and used sticks and so and so and then we discover these items that suddenly just make things work. How the hell did a guy make a T.V out of stuff in his attic? How did we make phones? Wi-Fi? It certainly is an exciting prospect, to show that we are capable of such, but we may be going for smartphones and these glasses and be stuck with 'em for years, let centuries pass by and then discoveer someting else. Complicated much? ^.^

erection

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:09:12 pm »

But this is what puzzles me. We came from caves and used sticks and so and so and then we discover these items that suddenly just make things work. How the hell did a guy make a T.V out of stuff in his attic? How did we make phones? Wi-Fi? It certainly is an exciting prospect, to show that we are capable of such, but we may be going for smartphones and these glasses and be stuck with 'em for years, let centuries pass by and then discoveer someting else. Complicated much? ^.^

I know right!? I mean, lets take software for an example. You may use software to design software, but to make the base primal software, how does coding it work? To code something, you need some kind of technology for the computer or device to actually read the coding and recognize it as something meaningful instead of random crap. So how do you make the device recognize the code and make something actually happen because of that code?

On the Google Glass, according to the Google Glass showcase video, it looked pretty dang awesome.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 07:11:42 pm by 360OLLIE »

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 09:03:51 pm »
Google glasses are a terrible threat to what little privacy we have left in this world. The ability to take photos and videos without anyone realizing is actually sort of frightening.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 09:19:44 pm »
If you hear somebody say,

"Ok glass, take a picture"

then you know to look at that person, and if they are looking straight at you then you can walk up to them and ask them why they just took a picture of you.

Unrelated, just a tiny little pen:
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_pen_pc.htm

Best griefer name ^

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 09:32:34 pm »
Google glasses are a terrible threat to what little privacy we have left in this world. The ability to take photos and videos without anyone realizing is actually sort of frightening.

That's not true at all.

Google Glass, at the moment atleast, might well be more obvious than someone holding a small digital camera, as well as much more expensive.

Tiny 'Spy' (Using that word lightly, but I guess it helps convey the meaning) cameras have been commercially available for a while now, just search Google Shop or whatever for 'Tiny Camera'.

If someone really wants to take pictures without someone realising, they throw down £30 on a small camera, into their pocket, snap snap snap.

Even more widely available, if I'm sitting opposite someone on the Tube (Not sure if you Americans have something quite like these)... well, doesn't that picture speak for itself? I pull out my smartphone (Where cameras are being hyped to the point of stupidity), point it, and just take the picture. For all they know, I've just clicked on a link.

At the end of the day, I can't see personal privacy getting too much more invasive than it already is, without some sort of government effort. We already have discreet cameras, it's just people, at the end of the day, don't want to take a picture of some random person (in most cases).

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 11:16:26 pm »

That's not true at all.

Google Glass, at the moment atleast, might well be more obvious than someone holding a small digital camera, as well as much more expensive.

Tiny 'Spy' (Using that word lightly, but I guess it helps convey the meaning) cameras have been commercially available for a while now, just search Google Shop or whatever for 'Tiny Camera'.

If someone really wants to take pictures without someone realising, they throw down £30 on a small camera, into their pocket, snap snap snap.

Even more widely available, if I'm sitting opposite someone on the Tube (Not sure if you Americans have something quite like these)... well, doesn't that picture speak for itself? I pull out my smartphone (Where cameras are being hyped to the point of stupidity), point it, and just take the picture. For all they know, I've just clicked on a link.

At the end of the day, I can't see personal privacy getting too much more invasive than it already is, without some sort of government effort. We already have discreet cameras, it's just people, at the end of the day, don't want to take a picture of some random person (in most cases).

Discreet cameras are not as mainstream as google is hoping this will be. It is also quite obvious when someone is trying to take a picture with a phone most of the time, especially recording a video. Since you can do other things with the glasses it is not as noticeable.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

PsYk0Wo1F

• The Romantic Op
  • an older player than lLLEGAL :P
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Link
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 06:16:02 am »

then you know to look at that person, and if they are looking straight at you then you can walk up to them and ask them why they just took a picture of you.

Sorry to break it to you, but the Google Glass has already been jail broken. Which will MOST LIKELY lead to a way to take pictures without saying "Ok glass, take a picture."
They may still have to say a phrase, but it could be something more discreet. Maybe "That is interesting" or they could even change it to something you wouldn't suspect at all, such as "Ok glass, what is the weather going to be like?"

I like the concept of Google Glass, don't get me wrong, i'm probably going to get one as soon as I can afford it.
But I don't think our society is ready for this kind of technology.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 08:15:04 am »

Sorry to break it to you, but the Google Glass has already been jail broken. Which will MOST LIKELY lead to a way to take pictures without saying "Ok glass, take a picture."
They may still have to say a phrase, but it could be something more discreet. Maybe "That is interesting" or they could even change it to something you wouldn't suspect at all, such as "Ok glass, what is the weather going to be like?"

I like the concept of Google Glass, don't get me wrong, i'm probably going to get one as soon as I can afford it.
Same thing my brother said

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 08:26:20 am »
You what this means? We are one step closer to replicating Futurama. YEAHHHHHHHH

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 09:26:22 am »
I reckon, we're going in the wrong direction... See now if everything is so simplified, we, as humans will have our brain slowly shutting down since we don't use that part of that brain anymore, we get someone/something to do it and our muscles will become weaker, we won't be doing anything but sitting on a couch, or at your desk and playing opticraft.  See, if the furture we like I-Robot with out the robot stuff happening, just everyone happy and normal, that'd be a good future, cars which go at 300mph or roughly/rounded 500km per hour.  But people don't get robots to do everything, they do it themselves, and walk to work for the last 500metres or so.

that doesn't probably make any sense, but ehh :)
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 09:58:11 am »
I reckon, we're going in the wrong direction... See now if everything is so simplified, we, as humans will have our brain slowly shutting down since we don't use that part of that brain anymore, we get someone/something to do it and our muscles will become weaker, we won't be doing anything but sitting on a couch, or at your desk and playing opticraft.  See, if the furture we like I-Robot with out the robot stuff happening, just everyone happy and normal, that'd be a good future, cars which go at 300mph or roughly/rounded 500km per hour.  But people don't get robots to do everything, they do it themselves, and walk to work for the last 500metres or so.

that doesn't probably make any sense, but ehh :)
I would never got a robot assistant.  They could malfunction and do other strange things :)

Supah_

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 02:19:11 pm »

Completely agree with nick. In my opinion Glass could be
1( James Bond's New Gear
2( A much easier way to stalk someone.

No society is ready for techonology like this. With perverts rolling and rapists always out there, I mainly think this will be god-damn terrifing to girls or children if they see an old man with Google Glass looking at you and talking to himself

erection