May 07, 2024, 05:26:27 am

Author Topic: Shop Mod  (Read 4329 times)

frobalt

• View Profile
Shop Mod
« on: May 26, 2013, 10:44:41 pm »
Recently, I tried to search for a tutorial on creating a chest shop in minecraf.

I got a video similar to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzRBTXhxIVU

Unfortunately, it seems that this is a mod rather than standard in minecraft so I was wondering: Is it possible to get a mod like that on this server so people could set up actual shops?

Apologies if this already is possible and I don't know it.

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
Re: Shop Mod
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 11:13:08 pm »
       Ok, Now THIS is a very good suggestion. I have seen servers with this before and it makes it very nice. We can buy/sell much easier and we do not have to use a currency as in gold ingots (as most people use). I think this would boost Opticraft's economy and bring a little change to the server. It always gets annoying when you have to go to a person's "shop" which only has a water stream in/out to give/collect materials. You must then ask the person if they have something and if they dont, your out of luck. By having this you could easily see who had what and it would be simple to just buy the object. This means that you can also buy someone's supply even when they are offline and they will be given the money. In fact, some very smart minds of the server do have chest shops. But these are extremely complicated and can easily go wrong due to one piece of redstone. They take along time to build and still you cannout just "buy" the object. You must trade something to get it. Also, if we had this it would be much easier to see when you need to restock a supply. Also, lets say I sell bread for $5 a piece. If we stay how we are someone comes to my shop asking for 5 pieces. OK, all I get is $25. Not much right? But if we could have it where people could buy when they wanted then you would spend much less time doing every trade and then you can focus on getting more to restock it.

Also, I know there are very few Scammers on Opticraft due to the fact that we are a friendly community. There can always be a few out there. This would easily prevent Scammers and save the owner some money. I think this is a great Idea and should be highly considered. Thanks!  8)
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 11:14:29 pm »
This is a Bukkit plugin. We already have a shop plugin. We have discussed about chest shops a while ago, and we keep arriving at the same or similar consensus. We'd rather not have the world(s) spammed with random chestshops, since they would be able to be placed anywhere, and they would be more difficult to relocate/ remove.

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 11:27:17 pm »
     Ahh darn! I really consideredthat as a good idea.   :-\

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 11:49:44 pm »
This is a Bukkit plugin. We already have a shop plugin. We have discussed about chest shops a while ago, and we keep arriving at the same or similar consensus. We'd rather not have the world(s) spammed with random chestshops, since they would be able to be placed anywhere, and they would be more difficult to relocate/ remove.

Is that the market plugin you refer to or something else?

Would they be difficult to relocate/remove? I mean, in the example youtube video, I can imagine that removing the chest and/or sign would render the shop useless.

I'd suggest 2 solutions to this:

1. Only trusted members are allowed to place shops

2. Only members are allowed to post shops (so guests can't)

3. Have a set area (call it a mall/shopping centre or whatever) and have people apply for access to a shop where they can setup their chest shops for people.

I'm also guessing that the plugin has a way of preventing people being scammed. IE: If someone tries to buy something and it isn't in stock, they'll simply get a message telling them of this.

Or do you mean they could say they're selling diamond when in actual fact they're selling wheat?

andersad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 11:52:51 pm »

Is that the market plugin you refer to or something else?

Would they be difficult to relocate/remove? I mean, in the example youtube video, I can imagine that removing the chest and/or sign would render the shop useless.

I'd suggest 2 solutions to this:

1. Only trusted members are allowed to place shops

2. Only members are allowed to post shops (so guests can't)

3. Have a set area (call it a mall/shopping centre or whatever) and have people apply for access to a shop where they can setup their chest shops for people.

I'm also guessing that the plugin has a way of preventing people being scammed. IE: If someone tries to buy something and it isn't in stock, they'll simply get a message telling them of this.

Or do you mean they could say they're selling diamond when in actual fact they're selling wheat?

ONLY Trusteds can make a shop!?!?  >:(
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 11:55:05 pm by andersad »

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2013, 12:05:33 am »
Xeadin pretty much vetoed this...

-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 12:11:37 am »
This has been suggested so many times. Just make a redstone shop, its vanilla and works well.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 01:32:29 am »
Yep. Making an entire mall. Just charge gold or iron. Everyone has it! Just sell gold or iron to people for money when you are online.

Best griefer name ^

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 09:29:30 am »
Yep. Making an entire mall. Just charge gold or iron. Everyone has it! Just sell gold or iron to people for money when you are online.

So what is the best shop system people use?

I've found so many types of shop that can be built that it's hard to distinguish which is actually worth building.

jcgaming

• SMP trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 10:54:37 am »
I made my own auto shop at my /home I will try and find the you tube vid for it

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 01:05:59 pm »
I made my own auto shop at my /home I will try and find the you tube vid for it

Thank you :)

I've gathered a lot of nether quartz in anticipation.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 01:37:57 pm »
Use my design. It's simple and doesn't take up much room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwSP_xkp5DE
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2013, 01:55:26 pm »
Use my design. It's simple and doesn't take up much room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwSP_xkp5DE

I like the compactness of it but I don't like the 1:1 nature of it.

Are there any shops that can customise the amounts better or are they all 1:1?

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2013, 05:34:49 pm »
You can do that on your own...if you're any good with redstone its easy to change the ratios.