May 03, 2024, 10:43:58 pm

Author Topic: Reset  (Read 2715 times)

Kantrex

• Dem kitty go rawr
    • View Profile
Reset
« on: May 11, 2013, 02:15:50 pm »
Hello, I don't know if this will generate hate or anything, it's just a suggestion. I think that because our currency is astronomically high, and the value of everything in the game is just a little bit low. Im suggesting that we do a full reset. Economy, maps, and inventories, to a new era of Opticraft. We can keep spawn saved as a schematic, but I think that it would be so cool just to start over with the coming of 1.6, and get everything new implemented. I think that some will agree that it gets boring after doing the same old, same-old, so if we could have an awesome armageddon day, and everyone having fun would just be really cool. You obviously could keep the donations packs to everyone, as it wouldn't be fair to reset the entire currency, but everything else that people have that they got legit would be gone. Just think, no grief, no anything. Just a fresh start on the server. It would be such a fun and cool idea, and I think it would be a fantastic thing to do. Thanks, and leave any feedback below
|
v
xoxo Kantrex
[/url]

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Reset
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 02:23:06 pm »
Won't ever happen, sorry. If you want to start fresh, you're welcome to. But you cant please everyone, and I know that the majority of the people have worked pretty hard to get where they are, and a reset just wouldn't seem appropriate.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:24:57 pm by xDeeKay »

Kantrex

• Dem kitty go rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 02:24:35 pm »
oh well.. just a thought

=L
[/url]

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 02:54:49 pm »
       Sorry to gun you down, but "NO WAY!!!!"

I agree with DeeKay, many people have worked very hard to get to where they are now. There have been amazing builds and lots of fun stuff, but now you want to delete this all and start over? As I am sure I speak for many Opcraftians, (Just thought of that word  :) )  this idea is absurd (sorry, but its true). Keep bringing out new suggestions tho, you've gotta have something good there.  :)
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 03:23:12 pm »
Yah. I've been on this server for over 6 months, so you want to destroy 6 months of hard work? I also know that some people have been on for a year or two, so taking all their stuff wouldn't exactly please them.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 04:29:14 pm »
I wouldnt mind restarting myself at some point; but it would be a huge turn off restarting everyone. It would probably make a lot of people leave/ragequite/cry.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 05:33:11 pm »
This won't happen

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 05:44:41 pm »
I've actually wanted to do this for a while on Opti. Just start over for the fun or survival. But no, this will never happen.

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 06:15:49 pm »
     I agree, there is no chance of this happening. We would proably lose lots of players.
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 10:32:45 pm »
     I agree, there is no chance of this happening. We would proably lose lots of players.
While I am going to agree that this will never happen, it is worth it add that all of the big servers that i know of have done a fresh restart at on time or another.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 09:55:10 am »
While I am going to agree that this will never happen, it is worth it add that all of the big servers that i know of have done a fresh restart at on time or another.

What about the next world that comes out having item/money carry-across disabled? It would be a fresh world, but the old ones would still exist for those who don't want to reset.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 12:56:59 pm »

What about the next world that comes out having item/money carry-across disabled? It would be a fresh world, but the old ones would still exist for those who don't want to reset.

don't think it'd be too hard to do but....
Then we'd have to store twice as much data for each player (there's like 11k people's balances to keep track off)
Not to mention having to store inventories so you couldn't take things between the worlds/wouldn't lose stuff

So it would effectively triple w/e the current memory usage is and up CPU usage to perform all the checks/inventory swaps whenever u change worlds

and of course you gotta talk opti/dej into coding it, which seeing as more important things are on hold atm, prolly won't b happening
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Boshiwarrior

• (JO,O)J FUSRODAH === ¶___¶
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 04:48:50 pm »
You can self start fresh too. Just donate everythingy to a poor guy! And to make it even better, just jump in lava after you did this! You can't respawn fresher then this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQKKj_qeOBQ
!Boshiwarrior is returning to the Opticraft!

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 05:37:19 pm »

don't think it'd be too hard to do but....
Then we'd have to store twice as much data for each player (there's like 11k people's balances to keep track off)
Not to mention having to store inventories so you couldn't take things between the worlds/wouldn't lose stuff

So it would effectively triple w/e the current memory usage is and up CPU usage to perform all the checks/inventory swaps whenever u change worlds

and of course you gotta talk opti/dej into coding it, which seeing as more important things are on hold atm, prolly won't b happening

Didn't think of that. I guess that's pretty much a no, at least for now.