May 20, 2024, 01:18:02 am

Author Topic: The Mall Of Opticraft!  (Read 5979 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
The Mall Of Opticraft!
« on: May 07, 2013, 02:35:31 am »
It is still in production. Things are still being built!

Server market got you down with bad pricing?
Too bad!
Shopkeepers not online right when you need them? Too bad!

Come to /home Chief149
where the first of two giant mall buildings are currently under construction. All items in the mall are sold by automatic hopper-based shops.

Hopper shops features include:
 - An out of stock lamp. If out of stock, lamp comes on
 - They only take a certain item (only iron ingots so far) and they wont steal anything else
 - They don't take your items while they are dispensing. WARNING: read machine instruction below as the machines will take no more than 2 of your ingots before dispensing.

How to use the shop:
1) Find the shop you want (each shop will tell you what the exchange is)
2) right click on the hopper
3) place a SINGLE ingot from your inventory into the hopper.
4) wait about half a second
5) The items being dispensed to you will show up right in that hopper!
6) You can place another ingot into the hopper while it is dispensing for it to continue dispensing for longer. Just don't place more than a single ingot into the hopper at the exact same time. Redstone feedback just isn't quick enough.

Once again, the shop is located at /home chief149

Contact me if you need ingots. At the moment all shops take iron ingots as payment. I sell them for $25 each, or you may use your own ingots.

Items currently in my market (remember that I sell iron ingots for $25 each, so if something costs 1 iron ingot, it really costs $25)
1) Smooth Stone - 16 blocks for 1 iron ingot
2) Clay Brick Blocks - 4 blocks for 1 iron ingot
3) Trapped Chests - 1 trapped chest for 1 iron ingot
4) Grass Blocks - 6 blocks for 1 iron ingot
5) Mycelium Blocks - 6 blocks for 1 iron ingot
6) Dirt Blocks - 32 blocks for 1 iron ingot (great in combination with grass or mycelium!)
7) Cobblestone Blocks - 32 blocks for 1 iron ingot
8) Carrots - 5 for 1 iron ingot
9) Potatos - 13 for 1 iron ingot
10) Wheat - 32 for 1 iron ingot
11) Watermelon Slices - 32 for 1 iron ingot
12) Bread - 16 for 1 iron ingot
13) Birch Logs - 13 for 1 iron ingot
14) Oak Logs - 13 for 1 iron ingot
15) Jungle Logs - 13 for 1 iron ingot
16) Spruce Logs - 13 for 1 iron ingot
17) Birch Planks - 50 for 1 iron ingot
18) Oak Planks - 50 for 1 iron ingot
19) Jungle Planks - 50 for 1 iron ingot
20) Spruce Planks - 50 for 1 iron ingot

COMING SOON TO THE SHOPS!!!!!
2) Coming right after will be All colors of wool being sold at an AMAZING PRICE of 32 wool for 1 iron ingot! That's $50 per stack!!!
3) Netherrack - 1 stack for the price of 1 iron ingot
4) glowstone - price not yet determined
5) Nether Quartz - price not yet determined
6) Soul sand - price not yet determined
and of course many more after that! After all, I built TWO mall buildings for a reason, eh?
7) Nether Brick Blocks - price not yet decided

Come check it out! At /home chief149

I build and test these shops out thoroughly before redyeing them for public usage. However, weird stuff happens. If a machine is not functioning correctly, contact me asap so I can know to fix the machine. I will have it back up as soon as I can after receiving the message!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:35:27 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: The Mall Of Opticraft!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 11:21:30 am »
Good luck, it has been fun helping you :)

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 12:33:11 pm »
Looks awesome! Very organized, haven't tried it yet but I will have to soon.
IG - @oem_moses

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 02:45:44 pm »
Very neat :) tried out the 32 wheat, gave me melons instead
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 05:41:37 pm by ☣2crzy4uall☣ »

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:52:47 pm »
      Lol crzy, I see you going," WHAT?!?!?"
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 03:34:48 am »
Very neat :) tred out the 32 wheat, gave me melons instead

CRAP. I knew there was something I forgot to do! When I got trusted back I redid all the signs to be colored. One gives you wheat, the other melons. I accidentally gave both the wheat and melons machines signs that said wheat. I will change asap now. No distractions. Meant to change this yesterday, but someone sidetracked me right before I did it.

EDIT: Fixed! The issue was not with the shop, and no other shops are affected by bad signage. It was just me accidentally putting wheat on both signs when I redid them in technicolor. This wasn't an issue with the shop mechanism itself.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 03:39:36 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 06:33:01 pm »
Im looking forward to the wool one! Ill defo be eatin up that shop. Very cool Chief

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2013, 04:28:10 am »
Update:

Wood log machines have been approved after being tested for the following:

-Dispenses proper amount of goods per item (ingot) given
-Doesn't take more than 2 ingots at a time if player places multiple ingots into the machine (redstone isnt fast enough to make it take only 1 at a time)
-Doesn't take ingots while dispensing (meaning you can place another ingot in WHILE it is still dispensing stuff for your first ingot)
-Out of stock light works when machine is out of stock (light turns on when out of stock)
-Backend functions
-Does not take your ingots while out of stock.

The wooden log machines will be stocked tomorrow so long as I don't get called in to work! The price will be $25 (1 iron ingot) for 13 wooden logs.

Update 2:
This is worthy for a update because it's the first time it's been made available. Clay brick blocks are now available for the first time as of tonight. That machine that has been out of stock for so long now is in stock. The price is 1 iron ingot for 4 clay brick blocks. This is $25 per 4 clay brick blocks. This calculated out to only $400 per stack. Compare this with the server market price of $800! Oh goodness!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 04:29:56 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 01:34:08 am »
Today's night time update:

8 more shops are now in commission. They have product in them, but they are not fully stocked as I am still working on obtaining the items for them.

4 shops for all four types of Wood Logs are now working and stocked.
4 shops for all four types of Wood PLANKs are now working and stocked.

No more shops will be coming until I get those shops setup with a steady supply stream of product.

Best griefer name ^

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2013, 03:28:43 am »
I apologize for there being multiple posts in a row. Mods+, please don't take it badly. These are just updates regarding the mall which happen to not have other player's responses in between them, and they are not pointless "bump" posts.

Update on the mall so far:

1) created first 5 shops using the 2.0 shop architecture (read below for details). These shops will eventually supply wool at a price of 32 wool for 1 gold ingot. This comes out to $100 per stack (2 gold ingots per stack).
2) Those first 5 shops are also on the first of 3 cafe levels. Each "cafe" level is simply a level with some shops (in this case each of the three levels will have a player shop, and 5 wool shops). This means I currently have room for a player to open shop in my mall, but once the mall becomes more popular there will be rent (1K per real life month).

Autoshop update!!!

Technicraft Firmware 2.0 is here!
The older shops are capable of supplying multiple items for 1 ingot, shutting down when out of stock, they come with an out of stock lamp, and they don't take your ingots while dispensing. However, the older shops (which I have not yet upgraded) would take 2 of your ingots if you put any quantity of stacked ingots into the shop. You would only get 1 ingot's worth of goods. 2.0 fixes that, and runs more smoothly. It will only take 1 ingot at a time (it was trickier that you would imagine being as these shops must be contained within a 3 block tall cubic footprint. In fact, these shops each require a footprint of 13 by 6 by 3 blocks. So yeah, if you don't see a sign saying DO NOT PUT MORE THAN 1 INGOT INTO THE HOPPER, then you can place stacked ingots into the system. Just be mindful of the older shops on levels 5 and under. I also got the new shops to run more smoothly (on accident). If you place more than 1 ingot in at a time, then the shop will dispense your items, and take another ingot while dispensing the last item to you, and then start giving you your next set of items since it took another ingot. In other words, if you need a stack of wool, place two gold ingots into the hopper, and it will just keep pumping out the wool with no pause in between the first set of 32 and second set of 32 wool (there used to be a long pause in between the machine finishing its dispensing, taking another ingot, and then dispensing again. Now that pause seems to have been removed).

Best griefer name ^

Caanite.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 08:56:20 pm »
When I went round about a month ago it was looking really good.
I'll be checking up on it sometime today
[22:52]   OptiBot-Creative   PIXELDUDE2001: Caanite is the almighty ceo and god of the server

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2013, 03:39:01 am »
restocked clay brick blocks.

Best griefer name ^

frobalt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2013, 11:44:40 pm »
Not to piss on your parade or anything, but if you're calculating how much something would cost in $, you should use the buy price, not the sell price.

Iron costs $200 to buy, meaning a stack of wool would actually cost $400.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 01:13:53 am »
Not to piss on your parade or anything, but if you're calculating how much something would cost in $, you should use the buy price, not the sell price.

Sorry but you're wrong, why would we use the market buy price? Even my shop is based on the market selling price. No reason to rip people off

EDIT: Using forums on phone sucks lol
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:40:35 am by ☣2crzy4uall☣ »

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 01:20:24 am »

I'm you're wrong, why would we use the market buy price? Even my shop is based obnte market selling point. No reason to rip people off
     I agreee, no reason to rip people off
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)