May 05, 2024, 04:33:15 pm

Author Topic: Allowing server worlds to be downloaded  (Read 1749 times)

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
Allowing server worlds to be downloaded
« on: May 07, 2013, 12:49:34 am »
I know alot of you might hate this idea, others will like it. I was just going to suggest that the Member world, new guest world, and old guest world would be put of for official download.
Benefits:
 • Planning buildings and projects would become a whole lot easier
 • Exploring would become easier
Caveats:
 • People would probably abuse this to find things illegit (e.g finding ore and saving coordinates)

I would like to hear thoughts on this. I am not saying "PUT UP THIS SUGGESTION NAOOO!!" but just wanting to see if anyone agrees or disagrees to this.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
Re: Allowing server worlds to be downloaded
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 01:27:37 am »
• People would probably abuse this to find things illegit (e.g finding ore and saving coordinates)

that's pretty much the nail on the head.....

it's one thing if we make worlds that get taken down (if ever any do) available for download, and that i'm all for so we can save our creations on our own pc after they're gone

but it would give people an unfair advantage if we made it available for download while it's still up and running

maybe after a year or so of it being up, if it still hasn't been taken down it should b available for dl?
just don't want it to soon that people can abuse it for things...
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 03:03:42 am »
2 words... Live map.

---><--- Click the monkey

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 09:12:45 pm »
2 words... Live map.
You're missing the point.
Im saying most people including myself build (large) projects in single player, but it is harder to get the right dimensions at the right location with the livemap.. Being able to download it would just enable us to make larger projects faster.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 09:25:43 pm »
People would exploit it immediately, I highly doubt this will be implemented while the world is still active on the server
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 01:19:55 pm »
Benefits:

I would like to hear thoughts on this. I am not saying "PUT UP THIS SUGGESTION NAOOO!!" but just wanting to see if anyone agrees or disagrees to this.
      I disagree to this, because Building isn't meant to be easy, Its HARD sometimes. Especially on big projects. But thats the point, the fact that defines us a Opticraft players is the toughest builders. If building were suddenly turned easier, it would be nice, but we would be missing the point of Minecraft. And as for the Bad things that could happen, you hit it right in the Noggin. People could easily use this to find things they weren't supposed to. (e.g. As u said Ores)

Not only ores, but lets say you wanna do Kascas's treasure hunt.(as I'm sure you all heard of by now)  You could rip apart his house and find the best places to hide signs. Also, this could aid griefers or hackers in ways to set inside buildings and they could proably see ways to get around stuff really easy then use it ingame. So here;s my answer to this post.

No. Not in a mean way, it simply will not happen.
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 11:23:08 am »
Benefits:

I disagree to this, because Building isn't meant to be easy, Its HARD sometimes. Especially on big projects. But thats the point, the fact that defines us a Opticraft players is the toughest builders. If building were suddenly turned easier, it would be nice, but we would be missing the point of Minecraft. And as for the Bad things that could happen, you hit it right in the Noggin. People could easily use this to find things they weren't supposed to. (e.g. As u said Ores)

Not only ores, but lets say you wanna do Kascas's treasure hunt.(as I'm sure you all heard of by now)  You could rip apart his house and find the best places to hide signs. Also, this could aid griefers or hackers in ways to set inside buildings and they could proably see ways to get around stuff really easy then use it ingame. So here;s my answer to this post.

No. Not in a mean way, it simply will not happen.

Well written. Rather convincing :3
-Dale