May 14, 2024, 08:27:50 pm

Author Topic: MineChat  (Read 2781 times)

Luke_

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
MineChat
« on: April 24, 2013, 04:20:20 am »
Greetings fellow Opticrafters,
BigLuke7777 here with a question concerning MineChat. I know there has been some discussion about MineChat in game with some staff, but I'm wondering what the servers actual policy is on this matter. Any input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
-Luke :)

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: MineChat
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 05:58:57 am »
This has been discussed amongst staff, the conclusion is that we don't want people using it. Either be in game, or use irc. "But I'm on my phone" Well irc is supported on most everything, some toasters even.

benc117

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 08:51:50 am »
Just saying minechat should be allowed.
Because u are basicly afk at spawn and only chatting ( i dont see how thats bad)
Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 09:25:24 am »
Because u are basicly afk at spawn and only chatting ( i dont see how thats bad)
If you're basically AFK at spawn, why not just use IRC then? If you're not actually in-game visually, half the server commands are useless anyway.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:30:17 am »
Have you considered the ultimate negative effects of this?

How about afk'ing at your farms and collecting a bunch of stuff or letting it all just pile up there. the only thing you'd need to do from being kicked idly is typing a word or a letter in chat. and setting your home at the farm

you could do it all simply off your phone.

We'd prefer if everyone used IRC. If all you wanna do is talk to us, then IRC is the ideal place.

benc117

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 11:24:18 am »

How about afk'ing at your farms and collecting a bunch of stuff or letting it all just pile up there. the only thing you'd need to do from being kicked idly is typing a word or a letter in chat. and setting your home at the farm

well when u log on on minechat u get tped to spawn. so it doesn't do anything
Instragram: @ben.callaghan
Email: ben.callaghan.2001@hotmail.com
IGN: Benc117

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 11:57:33 am »

well when u log on on minechat u get tped to spawn. so it doesn't do anything

Pretty sure that's not true, but lets assume it is.

What's to stop me from setting a home where I wanna afk and using /home to get there?

Fact of the matter is minechat is a modification on the game client for use on phones n wat not, and we have a very clear and strict policy regarding mods, that is, no mods except optifine

Seeing as we ban even things like shader mods that offer no potential for abuse why would we allow one with obvious potential for abuse....
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 03:13:31 pm »
Guys, some of you seem misinformed at what minechat does. Minechat lets you do anything you could do if you were actually logged on. minechat allows you to tp anywhere you want. Your physical presence is there. You can use any and all commands you can think of. The only thing different is that you have no screen and you can't move at all.

It's minecraft without a screen or movement. Just all the commands you want to use and of course the chat.

Pretty sure that's not true, but lets assume it is.

What's to stop me from setting a home where I wanna afk and using /home to get there?

Fact of the matter is minechat is a modification on the game client for use on phones n wat not, and we have a very clear and strict policy regarding mods, that is, no mods except optifine

Seeing as we ban even things like shader mods that offer no potential for abuse why would we allow one with obvious potential for abuse....
Well said. This is yet another important reason why we cannot have this.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 05:26:01 pm »
No, you cannot use it.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »
/requestlock

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.