May 07, 2024, 01:56:46 pm

Author Topic: Maturity level of Trusteds...  (Read 6744 times)

Charmango

• View Profile
    • Shadow Creative
Maturity level of Trusteds...
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:01:05 am »
This is just a comment.

I know people bring up the subject alot about when and how and why they have not yet been trusted, I just wanted to say the response from certain "Trusteds" to this is really immature and honestly goes against the principle of what I thought being a trusted member was all about.

Rubbing it in people's faces, making light or making fun at those who are not yet trusted by those who are, is downright poor attitude, and in my opinion should really be dealt with better by Moderators on here.

In response to asking for water privelidges, I am constantly being told to be nice to others, to be polite and friendly on this server, which I always am, yet what about those who have been given privelidge and are downright rude, nasty and mean?!? I couldn't believe the stuff that was being permitted on chat today, and in direct response to the subject I brought up.

Why is there not an age limit for this sort of thing? Is allowing 16-year olds to be trusted before someone in their 30's just because they talk alot on chat the deciding factor here? I honestly turn off the chat every chance I get because certain individuals can never seem to shut up....it's incredibly annoying...and these are the almighty "Trusteds"...

I am actually so put off by the 'verbage' of certain members on this server [cattiness, bitchiness, flirting, swearing] I changed my mind about donating today. If this is who is considered 'mature and trust-worthy' I will give my money to the girl guides instead. At least they uphold values like integrity and respectfulness.   

Just Saying....And I can't be the only one who feels this way...boooo Opticraft.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Maturity level of Trusteds...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 03:20:55 am »
Why is there not an age limit for this sort of thing? Is allowing 16-year olds to be trusted before someone in their 30's just because they talk alot on chat the deciding factor here? I honestly turn off the chat every chance I get because certain individuals can never seem to shut up....it's incredibly annoying...and these are the almighty "Trusteds"...
Because age doesn't define trust, age is how long ago you've been born. I mean, an 8 year old could be trustworthy. As for 30 year old's getting trusted later than a 16 year old, it's because they have not been active enough in the community, and to be noticed they need to be actively participating in conversations, and just playing the game with other people in general.

As for them being a little rude, I agree, they can get a little out of control sometimes, but most of the time they'll be stopped. It also depends who is on and if they are looking at the chat and actually reading it.
One last thing, it would be boring to be goodie goodies all the time, and it's a little fun to start messing around, but there is a mature and immature way to do it. I haven't been reading the chat enough partly because I'm dyslexic and I have a hard time understanding what they say at times, especially since most of them use incomplete sentences, so I don't know which one they've been doing lately.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:26:16 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 03:36:20 am »
I personally think we should do away with the whole trusted rank.

What I think should happen is have ranks taken away completely (well, just have guest and member ranks for players, and keep the current mod+ ranks). Then the "trusteds" would simply be players with the water and sign colors permissions. Everyone is the same rank (noticeably), and now you don't have the new players asking how to get the orange name, and then how to become trusted. It causes more conflict that positive. With the guest and members ranks, at least there is a definite way of guests to become members.

Since the server will most likely not do away with the trusted ranks, I'd say there needs to be a standardized way to become trusted. Some sort of equation with different environment variables that would allow the server plugin to decide when to promote a player. Meanwhile the admins could demote that player if they did something worth being demoted for.
Perhaps this could be based on the number of days the player was a member, and the number of days since the last ban. For example, if a player becomes a member, then as long as their last ban (or no bans at all) was not for 2 months, then they get trusted. Maybe there could be a points system where moderators can just kinda go around while invisible and cycle through all the players on the serve when they aren't getting ticket requests. When they see a player doing good then the player gets a point. After X points combined with days or hours playing, auto trusted. I think it's time it becomes standardized though along with a number of predetermined, standardized, exceptions to prevent those few people, who happen to trick the automatic system from or into promoting them, from getting trusted or to make them trusted manually in those rare situations.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 04:15:28 am »
Hey man, that's what you get when you play a game where the average age of the players are very low. What did you expect, intelligent conversations about economics in chat? The trusted rank is given to those who we trust to not grief and harm the server. It is not given based on maturity. Does chat get out of control at times? sure, but that is to be expected on any game. These are kids just having fun.

The problem is, you want a type of community that simply does not exist. You are never going to get a community that is all highly mature (it would be boring most of the time anyways). You can't force people to be mature, you can however accept that people ar enot perfect and just because they are immature from time to time doesn't mean they cant be trusted.

Oh and btw, it is kind of ironic how ending your post with "boo opticraft" is a pretty childish thing to do.

As for you chief, most of your post doesn't pertain to this topic but i wold love to respond to it in a different topic.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

▲▼Dunderheid▼▲

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 05:08:38 pm »
Hey man, that's what you get when you play a game where the average age of the players are very low. What did you expect, intelligent conversations about economics in chat? The trusted rank is given to those who we trust to not grief and harm the server. It is not given based on maturity. Does chat get out of control at times? sure, but that is to be expected on any game. These are kids just having fun.

The problem is, you want a type of community that simply does not exist. You are never going to get a community that is all highly mature (it would be boring most of the time anyways). You can't force people to be mature, you can however accept that people ar enot perfect and just because they are immature from time to time doesn't mean they cant be trusted.

Oh and btw, it is kind of ironic how ending your post with "boo opticraft" is a pretty childish thing to do.

As for you chief, most of your post doesn't pertain to this topic but i wold love to respond to it in a different topic.

Go Nick.
Charmango, you seem to think that people being rude in chat is just trusteds. Hellllllll No. You probably think that because The colour orange sticks out in chat quite a bit. But honestly, Opticraft has one of the nicest Minecraft server communitys still running and I don't believe for one second that any Trusted would take the piss out of ye olde members. and if they did, it was prob a joke. As my dad would say, Calm it Janet.

/powertool spawnmob giant

click click click click click

teehee

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 06:21:37 pm »
I can agree with what you are saying. However as Nick said, the age of many (not most) trusted's are quite low, usually between 10 - 14. Some trusted's earned the rank via donations and dedication to help support either the classic server, or the smp server. Others earn the rank by proving themselves worthy of the trusted status/rank. There is no real 100% guaranteed way to become trusted besides the obvious ie. Activity, Respect towards staff and others, helpfulness, not griefing, etc.
IG - @oem_moses

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 07:00:05 pm »
If someone is harassing you, don't hesitate to report them. Our rules specifically state that harassing other players is not allowed. Talk to a mod/op about it and they'll ban them if they don't stop.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 08:36:50 pm »
If someone is harassing you, don't hesitate to report them. Our rules specifically state that harassing other players is not allowed. Talk to a mod/op about it and they'll ban them if they don't stop.
I would like to point out that theres a difference between harrasment and being annoyed and/or offended by the current topic. Of its bad enough, there will almost certainly be someone ingame with enough pull on the server to change the subject.

Also, there are more than 1 type of trusted. There's people that are mature, keep to themselves, build alot. There's people that are constantly talking in chat, sometimes these people get out of hand, but rarely, and there are people who are constantly helping others. Stick with the group that you relate to, and youll be happy ;)

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 08:57:37 pm »
People change. Im not going to hide the fact that I talked a lot of shit in chat lately... I faced the consequences of my actions and since then whenever I log on the server I keep it quiet unless someone talks to me. Like Nick pointed out, minecraft's audience is younger than it would be on other games so immature people are going to come and go. If you want to get trusted, try to get involved in the community by posting on forums and joining us on Mumble.

Have fun!

daniblue182

• Mayor of Xanadu
  • 'All this time?' 'Always'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 10:06:34 pm »
if everyone was 'mature' it would be slightly boring in my opinion, live a little

The selfie that made nick change spawn.

tribalturtle

• Self-Proclaimed Queen
  • cat enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 11:26:45 pm »
This post is honestly rude to trusteds. Just because we talk about anything and everything does not mean trusteds are not trustworthy. Also, everyone gets disrespectful and bitchy sometimes. Its natural. And to the swearing part... swearing is allowed. It isnt guaranteed that everyone can be 100% mature at all times. And as Dani said, if everyone was mature all the time, it would be boring.
kind of here, kind of not

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 11:48:38 pm »
Guys, I can see where this guy is coming from. Let's look at it from both sides. The reason this was made was probably because he saw poor etiquette from a trusted/ trusteds. I think he is saying that all the ones he has seen has disgraced the rank (in his opinion). I may not be the First to say this, but let's try looking at it from his view.

cattfish0612

• Digging dirt one block at a time :l ^
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2013, 12:22:11 am »
Isee your point but again he has not seen all of the trusted or let alone mabye think to realy read up  on the topic.Or mabye ask a mod or op "why are people trusted" and they awnser. Well infact this is what i been told or seen on chat so my understanding is someone mods and ops know that we (trusted Players) will not grief or trust to help maintain balance in chat or the game while no mods and ops are on. Also there isnt a age limit beacuse what if a 25year old was very trust worthy but  had many porblems with staff ect. He would has the same chance as a 12year old getting trusted if there was a age limit as 16 year lold and up can be trusted you  totaly missing out on the others younger than 16 who shoud be trusted.

-catt

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 12:28:15 am »
This post is honestly rude to trusteds. Just because we talk about anything and everything does not mean trusteds are not trustworthy. Also, everyone gets disrespectful and bitchy sometimes. Its natural. And to the swearing part... swearing is allowed. It isnt guaranteed that everyone can be 100% mature at all times. And as Dani said, if everyone was mature all the time, it would be boring.

Perhaps you were not one of the people he was referring to, so don't take offence from it.

Second, if a player is mature, then they will most defiantly not grief, but colorful conversations do not mean the player isn't mature.

However, I'm not so curtain that the staff knows a lot about all the trusteds, since there are so many. Staff members aren't friends with ever single one of them.

Trusted is usually given out to players that are mostly polite, fairly active, haven't been banned, and have been on the server for a while. Maturity level and age usually isn't considered.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Nikoljan

• Opti-Crafter =)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2013, 03:05:24 am »
Patience is a virtue, and regarding this sort of thing sometimes it's better to try to focus on the positives as opposed to negatives in situations.  There is always a silver lining and we have a great community, wouldn't trade it for any other server.

,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,
There is not enough wind to twirl
            that one leaf nearest of its clan
                     which dances as often as dance it can
,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.,,.-*-.