May 11, 2024, 06:10:27 am

Author Topic: Need serious help here!! - Bad Video Card Drivers  (Read 4848 times)

valkyrieX888

• Daily Ragnarok Monsters
    • View Profile
Need serious help here!! - Bad Video Card Drivers
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:22:01 pm »
As what i said, i need help. I can't play Minecraft because an error, i've got this message:

Bad video card drivers!      
      -----------------------      

Minecraft was unable to start because it failed to find an accelerated OpenGL mode.
This can usually be fixed by updating the video card drivers.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7fe0271 --------
Generated 15/04/13 20:19

-- System Details --
Details:
   Minecraft Version: 1.5.1
   Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
   Java Version: 1.7.0_17, Oracle Corporation
   Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
   Memory: 433268000 bytes (413 MB) / 518979584 bytes (494 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
   JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx1024m
   AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
   Suspicious classes: No suspicious classes found.
   IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
   LWJGL: 2.4.2
   OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
   Is Modded: Probably not. Jar signature remains and client brand is untouched.
   Type: Client (map_client.txt)
   Texture Pack: Default
   Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
   Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null[failed to get system properties (java.lang.NullPointerException)]

org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Pixel format not accelerated
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.nChoosePixelFormat(Native Method)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsPeerInfo.choosePixelFormat(WindowsPeerInfo.java:52)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.WindowsDisplay.createWindow(WindowsDisplay.java:185)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.createWindow(Display.java:311)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:856)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:784)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.create(Display.java:765)
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(SourceFile:235)
   at avv.a(SourceFile:56)
   at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:507)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT 7e52c779 ----------

Is there any answer that helps me to join the Minecraft Community again? Because i've been searching how to and didn't found it in 3,5 months.

Again..: Help  :(

tiggy26668

• View Profile
Re: Need serious help here!! - Bad Video Card Drivers
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:10:55 pm »
well updating your video card drivers is fairly simple.....

first you need to get to your device manager. there's a few ways to do it but one of them is:
click start
go to control panel
find and double click "device manager"

next you need to locate your video card on the list, while i can't tell you what it will be called since i don't know what type of video card you have in your computer it can be found under the "Display adapters" list. so click the little arrow next to that and it'll open a sub-list

at this point double click you're video card (if you don't know which it is you can just repeat this process for everything in the sub-list it wont hurt to update it all)

you'll get a new window opened with some tabs at the top, you want the "Driver" tab.

click that and on the new page you'll see "update driver"

click that and you'll get a prompted with a couple options like "search the web" or "browse computer" you want the "search the web" option

at this point windows will (hopefully) find and install the drivers for you, though you'll prolly get a prompt to accept the install and what not.

if this method doesn't work you'll need to figure out your video card type and dowload the drivers directly from the company, but it "usually" doesn't come to that.

hope that helps,
-Tiggy
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

valkyrieX888

• Daily Ragnarok Monsters
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:44:50 am »
Awh tiggy, yours didn't work  :( :( :( .
Can anyone help me with another way to solve my error? I'm really wanting to play MINECRAFT !!

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 08:19:59 pm »
how old is your computer and what kind is it? Also what OS is it using? I just trying to see if I can think of a way to help you out.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 12:02:58 am »
Also what OS is it using?
   Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

What kind of video card do you have? Ex: Intel (Most common), AMD (Radeon), Nvidia(GeForce, quadro, ect.), ect.
If intel, then click this link: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics
If AMD, then click this link: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
If Nvidia, then click this link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
If you don't have either of those 3 (the most common used), post back and tell me which one you have, or post back if you are having a hard time updating your driver, or if there is no driver update.

I do not recommend using Freekiller's post as a starter, all you need is a driver update, not a complete re-installation, and the best way to update it is to go to the video card's company website and download an updater from there.
Note: If your video card can not run the game, then that is what is causing the crash and you'll need to get a better video card.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 12:10:48 am by Mr_Mr_Mr »

---><--- Click the monkey

Freekkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:05:58 pm »
I do not recommend using Freekiller's post as a starter,
I have actually had this problem more than once before

I thought updating the driver would be logic. All I was trying to say is, if updating the driver doesn't work, then use that website. It helped me. I wasn't clear on that.

Use Tiggy's post as a help to update the driver.

PS. It's freekkiller with 2 k's.

✪haq1✪

• Shake that booty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 11:08:27 am »
Ask Felix to help u. He helped me with the problem that uhave!  :D

Felix

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 01:00:17 pm »
Ask Felix to help u. He helped me with the problem that uhave!  :D

I can only suggest what I suggested to ✪haq1✪ on her thread regarding video card issues and it worked for her, so maybe...:

(click to show/hide)

What kind of video card do you have? Ex: Intel (Most common), AMD (Radeon), Nvidia(GeForce, quadro, ect.), ect.
If intel, then click this link: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics
If AMD, then click this link: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
If Nvidia, then click this link: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
If you don't have either of those 3 (the most common used), post back and tell me which one you have, or post back if you are having a hard time updating your driver, or if there is no driver update.

I do not recommend using Freekiller's post as a starter, all you need is a driver update, not a complete re-installation, and the best way to update it is to go to the video card's company website and download an updater from there.
Note: If your video card can not run the game, then that is what is causing the crash and you'll need to get a better video card.
As you may have noticed, I have been inactive for a while.
I decided to leave Opticraft for a few reasons.
Goodbye & Good luck in all your endeavours!