May 03, 2024, 07:44:29 pm

Author Topic: Lava Buckets in Furnaces  (Read 17955 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Re: Lava Buckets in Furnaces
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 01:24:22 pm »
Sorry for the double post. I'd delete the first post if I could, and editing doesn't show any sort of notification for the thread.

Basically the problem statement with this idea is that players are somehow able to get around the block to prevent lava from being placed.

Two things are possible:

1) Back when players could originally exploit a bug to get around the lava placement blocker, this might have been an issue with Bukkit itself not properly blocking events. Maybe the newer bukkit version won't do this?

2) I am honestly against there being more privileges for Trusted members, but maybe picking up lava could be a Trusted only thing entirely because Trusted members are less likely to exploit the lava bug, and even if they do, they are less likely to exploit the bug to cause problems.

Perhaps this could be given a chance, and if players placing lava (exploiting a bug in bukkit allowing them to get past our lava placement blocker) gets out of hand, then the lava buckets can be taken away just as quickly as they were given.

Best griefer name ^

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2013, 11:12:38 am »
So Optical/Nick/Nyssa/Relkeb, is this accepted? We've proven that the coding is easy and that it would benefit the server.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 03:42:57 pm »
Well, 2468, we still have an issue to be thought out.

It was pointed out that even by allowing lava to be picked up, but not placed, some players can still place lava through some exploit, or by some means. This was pointed out according to a past attempt apparently. Unless this problem were to be corrected, this idea would most likely need to be put on hold.

Would like some updated staff input though.

Best griefer name ^

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2013, 08:08:21 pm »
Yes, but is that in protected areas? Also, didn't someone say that the server had to be very laggy for this to happen, and the person has to place it in the first place. so unless all three of those line up, no lava problems.

Would like some updated staff input though.
-2468avc

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2013, 11:23:56 am »
Sorry for the double post. I spoke to Nyssa ingame and she said that it might/will happen IF* two of the plugins are coded or something. So I guess that's that until the plugins are coded/updated/whatever.
-2468avc

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2013, 07:58:20 pm »
Well, I could code a plugin that would block placement of lava except for if a player places it who has the right permission if all of the Opticraft programmers are too busy with other things. I could also make the plugin block lava pick up by players who don't have a special permission. Perhaps it would be a good idea to only allow members+ to pick up lava into buckets (but still not place the lava), or even trusted users (strictly because trusted players are less likely to try to exploit a bug to place lava and get around the plugin's blocks, but I personally wouldn't fully support that).

Best griefer name ^

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2013, 09:13:17 pm »
I think it's some more general plugins. Speak with Nyssa, she'll tell you.
-2468avc

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2013, 03:35:16 am »
Well, I could code a plugin that would block placement of lava except for if a player places it who has the right permission if all of the Opticraft programmers are too busy with other things. I could also make the plugin block lava pick up by players who don't have a special permission. Perhaps it would be a good idea to only allow members+ to pick up lava into buckets (but still not place the lava), or even trusted users (strictly because trusted players are less likely to try to exploit a bug to place lava and get around the plugin's blocks, but I personally wouldn't fully support that).
We already have these in place, no need. Not sure what 2468 is talking about.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 08:09:49 pm »
We already have these in place, no need. Not sure what 2468 is talking about.

I don't either.  :P Ask Nyssa, she seemed to know.
-2468avc

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 08:52:12 pm »
Might be offtopic from the current conversation above me. But I would really like to be able to pick up lava to use for furnaces. (only if it is possible) :)

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2013, 08:32:13 pm »
I'm assuming that we can now since I just picked up lava?
-2468avc

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2013, 02:21:28 am »
I'm assuming that we can now since I just picked up lava?

No that's just a visual glitch client side, try and place it, it wont work.

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2013, 08:13:00 pm »
Yep. I was going to edit the post but got sidetracked...
-2468avc

Fish_Luver

• Fishie's 5ever <3 =D
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2013, 03:24:39 am »
Welp, we have coal blocks now at least...they can cook up to 72 blocks at one time...not as good as lava buckets, but totally still worth it!  ;D

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2013, 03:36:19 am »
Welp, we have coal blocks now at least...they can cook up to 72 blocks at one time...not as good as lava buckets, but totally still worth it!  ;D
dont necropost