May 03, 2024, 01:26:05 am

Author Topic: Lag needs to be discussed.  (Read 1642 times)

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
Lag needs to be discussed.
« on: March 23, 2013, 06:54:15 am »
Well, a major issue with lagging i've found within the past month or so.
1) Player's actions not registering and player freezing. Basically, the client can still interact with the environment perfectly fine, however other players will see the player standing still. This resulted in a death of mine and all of my items being lost. I haven't seen this happen on any other server besides my own which is extremely buggy at this point; requesting support on this (for here, not my server)

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lag needs to be discussed.
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 07:01:08 am »
You need to take into account this is still a development build of Bukkit, there will be bugs. Not to mention that 1.5 itself has a lot of lighting/lag issues which need to be iron out. There's lots of things that can cause server lag, most of which lie with CraftBukkit itself, not easily fixable by a server owner.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 08:39:51 am »
Also, it may not even be the server a lot of the time. Believe it or not, the #1 cause of lag is a person's personal computer or device, since those have a lot more essential resources running to keep the computer or device functioning adequately.

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 03:55:08 pm »
I had major lag when I updated to 1.5, but ever since 1.5.1, the amount of lag reduced greatly.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 04:17:40 pm »
Yeah most of the "Lag" you're getting was from the update, we are running a dev build of CraftBukkit as well, hence the crashing. But other than that, I haven't had any noticeable spikes of lag in the last month.

Also, way to steal my title :P

ivy2112

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 05:08:47 pm »
I had major lag when I updated to 1.5, but ever since 1.5.1, the amount of lag reduced greatly.
There was something with the clouds with transparantation from below but that caused a huge amount of lag , in 1.5.1 was a huge mc lag fix , Best FPS increase update ever did in minecraft =p

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 06:04:38 pm »
There was something with the clouds with transparantation from below but that caused a huge amount of lag , in 1.5.1 was a huge mc lag fix , Best FPS increase update ever did in minecraft =p
He was talking about server lag, not Frame rate lag.

---><--- Click the monkey

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 06:44:39 pm »
This happened way before 1.5 was here, also