May 06, 2024, 03:35:56 pm

Author Topic: Hacked ._.  (Read 3348 times)

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
Hacked ._.
« on: March 16, 2013, 09:23:55 pm »
Hi,

First of all, this is not me saying I got hacked and then got banned.

Someone has hacked into my account and changed the password; more than once.

Every time I change the password within 3-4 days it's changed again. I get no notification or email that it gets changed, only when I change it.

Is there a way to prevent this.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hacked ._.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 04:00:59 am »
Have you provided your Minecraft / email password on any strange looking websites lately?
I'd suggest changing your email password as well.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 04:18:44 am »
Umm, first thing is first, don't have the launcher save your last used login username/password. Enter it manually, and go to the .minecraft folder and delete the file which contains the last saved login. It's possible that maybe a mod you use (in single player of course, or at least a mod that gives you no cheating advantage in game) is backdoored, or you maybe have a keylogger on your computer.

I suggest you take a hard look at the processes list of task manager and look for processes that have suspicious names. God forbid you have a virus that is encrypted by a run-time crypter because then the virus would actually decrypt itself and then inject itself into a perfectly normal windows process. If not then you would see the virus on your processes list in Task Manager.

Also it might be recommended that you request that the mods temporarily ban you from the server for security reasons until you get this taken care of in case a griefer decides to use your account on the server.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:20:48 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

Zeradeth_

• "I am burdened with glorious purpose." -Loki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 09:59:22 am »
It's possible that maybe a mod you use (in single player of course, or at least a mod that gives you no cheating advantage in game)
Just wanna clarify that no mods are allowed other than optifine whatsoever. This is why we get on you guys about having shader mods etc. The rule is clear; no mods other than optifine.

Carry on,
-Zeradeth
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 10:56:07 am »
I have signed up on a website where snapshots are released, I guess that seemed pretty dodgy. I've changed my password, for the 4th time, and changed my email password. I guess we wait now. Thanks for the help guys :)

Don't lock this in-case something happens :P

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 12:39:20 pm »
Sounds like you have a keylogger

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 04:17:33 pm »
If the keylogger is the case use an on screen keyboard for your passwords
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 01:13:47 am »

yeah this is pretty reasonable. don't bother trying to remove the keylogger or anything. just go ahead and use the on-screen keyboard for the rest of your life.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 01:20:01 am »
... or until virus scanners eventually start to detect the stub file which is what decrypts and places the keylogger into memory for runtime.

Another tip, use a packet sniffer that will tell you every single process that is sending/receiving data. Then look for a process that is sending or receiving data that shouldn't be (like explorer.exe or notepad.exe etc.). Then it's just a trick of figuring out where the executable is which is easy so long as the virus process wasn't injected into another running process.

Best griefer name ^

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 01:37:43 am »

yeah this is pretty reasonable. don't bother trying to remove the keylogger or anything. just go ahead and use the on-screen keyboard for the rest of your life.
Good idea.

I am saying that he should do that until he gets it removed
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP