June 01, 2024, 12:26:47 am

Author Topic: Mob egg donation  (Read 18996 times)

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mob eeg donation
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 01:59:55 am »
I quite like this idea.  Have a dog called Jamie <3 or maybe a pig...

http://youtu.be/anoO3K5vOEg?t=21s

Watched all the way to part 9 lol. Aparently there's no part 10 AND IT ENDED WITH A CLIFHANGAR!!! Just like the end of Half Life 2 Episode 2!!!
That's why I don't watch things until they've been completed. :P

---><--- Click the monkey

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2013, 03:23:18 am »
I'd like to note that Optical no longer makes the rules for the server, the Admins do. If they don't want spawn eggs, it will take some convincing for them to change their minds. I would also note that community opinion doesn't sway them easily.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2013, 03:57:56 am »
I'd like to note that Optical no longer makes the rules for the server, the Admins do. If they don't want spawn eggs, it will take some convincing for them to change their minds. I would also note that community opinion doesn't sway them easily.
I believe that is the whole point of supporting suggestions like this one.
IG - @oem_moses

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2013, 04:05:03 am »
Except you can't find them in game. Spawn eggs can only come from an admin or op.
I know that. I meant finding animals in-game, not the actual spawn eggs.

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
Re: Mob egg donation
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2013, 04:19:28 am »
I have seen this work quite well on another server. I personally wouldn't donate for something I could potentially find in the game, but other people seem to be really like the idea.
Well I think now that there is an update, the majority of us want the eggs so that we can make mobs with names, not just for the mob itself, but maybe just a bit. I personally wouldn't pay for something I can find in-game either.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:21:20 am by joshskiizz »

OracleHD

• You're the one..
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2013, 11:23:17 am »
I think that if the donation was added the items them selves would drop down in price making them less valuable by the moment, It's a good idea but for people waiting to sell the item (If they have got it) would be a bit devastated.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »

I'd like to point out that this is wrong.... Completely. Nothing gets done without Optical.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2013, 03:57:38 pm »
Your point might make sense but this isn't a rule, it's an addition to the donation systems. If I were to say right now, "spawn egg donations for everyone!" I would still need to bug optical to add them in as I have no control over the donations at all.

But i would definitely not go as far as to say nothing gets done without optical, that statement is pretty much as inaccurate as wyboth's statement.

R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2013, 04:03:01 pm »
Your point might make sense but this isn't a rule, it's an addition to the donation systems. If I were to say right now, "spawn egg donations for everyone!" I would still need to bug optical to add them in as I have no control over the donations at all.

But i would definitely not go as far as to say nothing gets done without optical, that statement is pretty much as inaccurate as wyboth's statement.

I see where you're coming from. I was only thinking about rules at the time I posted that. Donation rewards would require his intervention.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2013, 08:26:10 pm »

What I meant is that even after you make the call, like you said, you still need Opti. :P

jh2018

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 04:48:27 pm »
People can use them to troll other people, such as death traps, for Creepers, skeletons, zombies, etc.

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 08:14:28 pm »
People can use them to troll other people, such as death traps, for Creepers, skeletons, zombies, etc.
Well, if they were smart enough, they wouldn't exactly purchase a creeper spawn egg unless they know what they're doing. Most people are wise enough to start attacking the mob before reading its name :P
IG - @oem_moses

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 08:36:35 pm »

So... the admins rebellion?

Also to solve the death trap problem simple dont offer enemy mob eggs.
And honestly this would be good for those who truely can't find any animals.

Another HUGE bonus is that there won't be any more issues like before where players get spawn eggs and the admins have to sweep through and force all of the players to give their spawn eggs up since anyone could get them.

Best griefer name ^

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 08:49:20 pm »

Yes, we are rebelling against the server we have spent countless hours working on. You nailed it buddy.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

Holy_Moses

• Operator
  • I'm still here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 08:57:51 pm »

Yes, we are rebelling against the server we have spent countless hours working on. You nailed it buddy.
Saw this coming. Opti 2013
IG - @oem_moses