May 05, 2024, 02:20:34 am

Author Topic: pstone animal-thingy  (Read 6458 times)

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
pstone animal-thingy
« on: March 13, 2013, 05:37:03 pm »
So I was wondering. is there a way pstones can stop players from killing your animals while they are inside the protection? if so, could it be implanted?

just a-wonderin'
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: pstone animal-thingy
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 05:40:39 pm »
It's one of the flags that can be added to them. I don't know why we don't use it. It's already in the plugin, I'd like to see this implemented.

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 05:47:17 pm »
It's one of the flags that can be added to them. I don't know why we don't use it. It's already in the plugin, I'd like to see this implemented.
thats what i thought, ive seen it on other servers with the pstone plugin thing. i think it would be nice having this, allthough i wont be using it.
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 06:47:28 pm »
Are you sure we have flags for animal protection. After scanning through the precious stones plugin wiki I didn't find any flag that said you could protect animals. Also I got a question about the plugin do the commands not listed ingame but listed on their wiki still work. There are one or two that would be helpful as far seeing who has been to a specific area.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 08:45:11 pm »
Are you sure we have flags for animal protection. After scanning through the precious stones plugin wiki I didn't find any flag that said you could protect animals. Also I got a question about the plugin do the commands not listed ingame but listed on their wiki still work. There are one or two that would be helpful as far seeing who has been to a specific area.

Yes they are there, its in the plugin, the "Peacekeeper" block allows protecting NPCs and animals. You can configure the blocks how you like.

Spyow

• View Profile
    • Opticraft! :D
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 09:51:43 pm »

Yes they are there, its in the plugin, the "Peacekeeper" block allows protecting NPCs and animals. You can configure the blocks how you like.
You don't need a separate plugin. I'm pretty sure that:

Pstones relys on world guard, and there is a world guard flag to prevent mob slaughtering. I can do it on my server by adding the flag to the configuration.

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 01:29:56 am »
I'm all for having this. Would save staff the "xxxGrIeFeRxxx killed my animals!!!!!" tickets. >.>

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 01:35:08 am »
I'm actually currently working on my plugin called RedProtection.

Honestly a while back when I suggested a plugin that did what my plugin will do, I was pretty good at Java, but I still didn't understand a lot of stuff. Then I did some game developement stuff, and I've also learned a lot more about java stuff which I didn't understand in the past. Now today I decided out of random to start making my plugin. It will not use WorldGuard to protect its fields, but will use its own system. I will later post all of the details on this plugin, but perhaps I can see about making my plugin also protect entities within the protection zones.

Best griefer name ^

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 02:32:31 am »

You don't need a separate plugin. I'm pretty sure that:

Pstones relys on world guard, and there is a world guard flag to prevent mob slaughtering. I can do it on my server by adding the flag to the configuration.

Never said you needed another plugin, I said that its already in the plugin we have.

Fixed your quote. it was pretty messed up. some quotes cut off. But ya i fixed it for you. -DJAlphaWolf
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 02:57:01 am by DJAlphaWolf »

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 03:17:41 am »
but still, think about being able to protect any region you wanted? Say, a 20 by 5 by 5 region. Cant do that with pstones. That's what my plugin would do.

Best griefer name ^

Nyssa

• dedlymagik
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 03:28:42 am »
Does it stop the killing of both enemy and friendly mobs?
People could also use it to grief unprotected animals by protecting it.
There's an upside and a downside to everything, it's not just a matter of adding everything that sounds good at the time. We can speak about it a bit and learn about it before we do anything.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:33:39 am by Nyssa »

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 03:32:09 am »
I'd set it up to only protect good friendly mobs from players and not from other mobs. It would also have a setting for what to block, but the 1.0.0.0 version of the plugin will only be the barebones version which would merely protect blocks.

I'll also have to find a way to interface with the precious stones plugin to make sure that someone's RedProtection region wasn't going to be intersecting someone else's regions. I'm not 100% sure on how I'll go about handling intersecting regions.
Then again, that might not even be necessary, because if someone sets a coal PS stone, and I make a RedProtection region that completely engulfs the coal PS stone's protected area, then the coal PS will still prevent players from placing blocks within its radius even though the block is also within the RedProtection area.

I'll also be sure to add in the option to allow players to have their money refunded if they destroy their protection area.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:45:20 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

Pugabyte

• Haider
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 02:10:22 pm »
I had a dream about these PS stones. That's how much I would love it.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 03:31:50 pm »
(click to show/hide)

We already have everything we need, it's just an extra flag that can be tacked on. And It protects passive mobs, so villagers animals all of those. I don't see how anyone could use it to grief, unless you think that fencing in animals and protecting them is grief. I honestly see no downside to all this. This should be implemented.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:33:59 pm by ☣2crzy4uall☣ »

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 06:21:47 pm »
I just have one question about the "passive mobs". Where do wolves fall under. They are normally passive but when attacked they attack back so where do where do they fall under.