May 02, 2024, 07:46:01 am

Author Topic: Chief's Vote Fairly Competition  (Read 8767 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Chief's Vote Fairly Competition
« on: March 11, 2013, 04:38:29 am »
[I would like to request that this be an Opticraft event, but for now: General Discussion it is]
[I would also like to request that a notice and link to this thread be placed on the voting page to remind players to verify their votes and compete in this thread for more prizes than just one diamond per vote]

So guys, votifier still isn't fully implemented yet which means people aren't voting as much as they are just clicking the vote buttons and closing the tab. I will admit to doing this as well, but a while back I began legitimately voting. Now I always fill out the captcha and do a legit vote.

Anyways, being as a lot of people do not vote legitimately, I will be holding my own competition.

Chief's Vote Fairly Competition
This is a competition which promotes users to vote fairly instead of just clicking vote, and stopping at that. Basically, this is a competition which will reward users with all kinds of stuff for doing the right thing, and helping to attract more players!

About This Competition
Every player who enters their votes will have them tallied up. For every 10 votes a player makes, the player will receive a free prize (see the prizes below) for up to two items per player (remember, Im doing this myself, and that nether quartz is gonna take some time to recover from the nether). The prizes as you can see below are the things which you will see in the 1.5 update, and they are chosen by you.

(click to show/hide)

Now, it may seem silly to only allow players two prizes. What happens after players get ten votes and tell me what two prizes they want? Should you all just stop? No! Keep going. Because the top three voters in my competition each get to choose a grand prize from one of three chests. Each of the three chests will have something nice, and each of the three top voters (starting with the 1st place winner to the 3rd place winner) will get to choose one of the chests. The grand prizes are nothing skimpy either! The chests might have written books in them which will guarantee a 250K prize, or maybe 100K. Maybe there will be a stack of gold! Perhaps a dragon egg (or three). You won't know, but none of the three chests will have something weak like a diamond pickaxe or something (unless perhaps a chest of 10 books with various level 30 enchantments with a few diamond pickaxes.)

How to participate!
I will keep a tally of everybody's votes. So how do you enter this? Well, I need to have proof that you voted, so here's what you do:
1) Make a screenshot for each and every vote you place.
2) The screenshot must show the following:
(click to show/hide)
3)
(click to show/hide)

Happy Voting.

Current Scores:

The grand prize and final tallying will be on April 10th. This will give you all a month to rack up those points. Note this competition is completely seperate from Opticalzas top voter thing.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 04:48:45 am by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Re: Chief's Vote Fairly Competition
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 04:39:12 am »
THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW VOTES SHOULD BE DONE!!! - Yes it's a double post for formatting purposes. If the staff really find this a problem then they can reduce my post count by 1 if they want.

Notice how:
- The date and time are visible
- My username is visible somewhere on the screen
- And either a captcha is filled out, or there is some sort of obvious way to see I actually voted
- I use spoilers
- If you have a large image then please size it down, or just post a link to the image.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 05:30:50 pm by Chief149 »

Best griefer name ^

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 05:05:55 am »
One thing on this, quartz won't be available in the nether unless we get a new one. But I do like this, I'll put in in user events for now :)

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 05:19:18 am »
I like the idea, but it just seems like more work to do. In addition to filling out captions, we now must take an extra two minutes to take a screenshot, edit it in paint, then upload it to imgur. Four times. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to do this much work, there will have to be a larger reward. Most of these things I either won't need or can get much more quickly.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2013, 11:48:27 am »
http://screensnapr.com/

They have a small program which you run, and when you run it you take a screenshot. As soon as you take the screenshot the little program opens up your browser to your image (which was uploaded the very moment you took your screenshot).
Also the grand prize for three players could be worth (or actually be) a quarter mil.

Best griefer name ^

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2013, 04:19:33 pm »
That does make things a bit easier, but if the normal rewards haven't changed, then I can't say that I'll participate. $250,000 is nice, but there's no guarantee that I'll get it, and I don't need ingame money at this time. If you made the grand prize donation credits as the current voting lottery does, I might be more tempted. I doubt anyone would want to do that, though.

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2013, 05:12:05 pm »
I like the idea, but it just seems like more work to do. In addition to filling out captions, we now must take an extra two minutes to take a screenshot, edit it in paint, then upload it to imgur. Four times. I'm sorry, but if I'm going to do this much work, there will have to be a larger reward. Most of these things I either won't need or can get much more quickly.

Trust me this isn't for you,  you've made that a point pretty clear.
People are lazy, myself included. You can't expect me to fill out a caption twice a day for the rest of my life

However I love this idea Chief. People don't realize how much their vote counts. Also, nick said that quartz will be in the market

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 09:43:00 pm »
Don't you press the "PrtScn" or "Print Screen" button to take a monitor screenshot? But then, how do you find those screenshots that you've taken of your monitor after?

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 09:49:21 pm »
open paint

Ctrl+V

Best griefer name ^

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2013, 11:35:24 pm »

Trust me this isn't for you,  you've made that a point pretty clear.
People are lazy, myself included. You can't expect me to fill out a caption twice a day for the rest of my life

However I love this idea Chief. People don't realize how much their vote counts. Also, nick said that quartz will be in the market
Not trying to start an argument. Just trying to give Chief feedback on his system.

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2013, 10:49:05 am »
Can we start or does this need more work?

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »
This seems pretty fun but I think I'm just gonna stick with you guys trusting me considering all this sounds a little complicated, mmkay? I'll vote but probably not take 4 screenshots, upload them then upload those uploads to here (yo dawg I heard you like uploads)
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 05:50:23 pm »
This seems pretty fun but I think I'm just gonna stick with you guys trusting me considering all this sounds a little complicated, mmkay? I'll vote but probably not take 4 screenshots, upload them then upload those uploads to here (yo dawg I heard you like uploads)
Good point. I just realized that if twenty people are posting pictures here twice a day, it's going to stay at the top of the list and drown out the other events. Should they PM Chief the pictures instead?

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 06:23:47 pm »
What? No I don't give a shit about it drowning events I just don't wanna take a million screenshots XD
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Kascas

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 08:15:30 pm »
great that your trying to help the server, but photoshop is just to easy
you dont even need to photoshop, you change the time on your pc within a matter of seconds ;)
OPTI!
(click to show/hide)
Need Water?
(click to show/hide)
LIGHT MY PORTAL!
(click to show/hide)
Boats
(click to show/hide)