May 15, 2024, 04:53:40 pm

Author Topic: Mines  (Read 2043 times)

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
Mines
« on: March 06, 2013, 11:57:00 pm »
I think that the rules about griefing and mining are kinda weird. I bought a plot with a mine on it and surrounded the mine with fences. My neighbor, epic_fred1960, breaks a fence and (I'm fairly sure) mines in my mine. I called a mod and heres what they said: It was technically only one block of grief, because even if it was your mine, any player can destroy any natural blocks. Is it just me or does this seem a bit unfair?
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mines
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:03:27 am »
I think that the rules about griefing and mining are kinda weird. I bought a plot with a mine on it and surrounded the mine with fences. My neighbor, epic_fred1960, breaks a fence and (I'm fairly sure) mines in my mine. I called a mod and heres what they said: It was technically only one block of grief, because even if it was your mine, any player can destroy any natural blocks. Is it just me or does this seem a bit unfair?
It is not unfair at all. You can only claim land by using a protection stone. Otherwise, everything made by the world is fair game.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

2468avc

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 01:13:52 am »
It is not unfair at all. You can only claim land by using a protection stone. Otherwise, everything made by the world is fair game.
Yes, but that mine had been dug to bedrock. It would have been much more work if he started form scatch (like the person I bought it off did). Again, it just seems unfair that players get to piggy-back on your work.
-2468avc

*Looking for a signature, feel free to make one for me :)*

andersad

• Get out there and live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 09:17:30 pm »
         That does seem a little unfair, but like Nick3306 said, Tecknicklly anything in nature is a free for all unless it's protected by a p-stone, but I still see your point 2468avc.
                                                           ----->andersad<-----
Opticraft- Best SMP server EVER
Go get em' :)

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 09:45:32 pm »
Don't post on topics that are this old.