May 15, 2024, 06:53:06 pm

Author Topic: London!!  (Read 8175 times)

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
London!!
« on: February 21, 2013, 09:58:10 pm »
Hey guys I'm going to London sometime (will not say time for personal reasons) and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to go. Also anything you guys say differently "lift = elevator" also a thanks to Qu1cksl1va for helping me too!! I thank you in advance!
-Butter-
Im back.... I think

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
Re: London!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:01:20 pm »
Might consider taking in some of the sights. There's a lot to see and much of it is in walking distance. You can also go to the railways, topside to see the countryside or underground to various locations all over London. (Even to Germany if you wanted.)

There is a lot of older model trains still running as well, mainly tourist attractions. I don't know if they are still maintaining the faceless Donald and Douglas engines though (Thomas the Tank Engine series.) - Give me a break I was 10 when I rode on those trains. ^.^

There is public transportation all over the place such as carriages and buses (tours too) - Try some of the old recipes while there, plenty of food to choose from and the marketplace can be rather interesting on some days.

There's amusement parks in England as well. Might try horseback and hunting if permitted; the ocean is.. not recommended until summer, but you can still check out a few docks/peers and enjoy local restaurants.

I do recommend seeing all the grand architecture such as Big Ben, Royal Palace, etc. You should ride the Eye of London at minimal twice, once during the day and once at night.

Oh and don't go scaring pigeons, apparently that's illegal and considered treason. Yeah.. anyway..

A lot of the parks have attractions themselves so it's worthwhile to go see. There is indoor swimming pools around, so consider bringing swim gear.

Museums, aquariums, gatherings of various events, not sure what else off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:05:00 pm by Alpha_Lance »
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 11:20:32 pm »
Oh and don't go scaring pigeons, apparently that's illegal and considered treason. Yeah.. anyway..

Its swans ^^

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 11:54:34 pm »
I was going to go to England over spring break when we discovered it would cost over $14k -.-
-Dale

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 12:05:18 am »
if you ask some1 where a water fountain is, they will give you a 'defaq' face. its called a bubbler
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

Alpha_Lance

• There are kittens and puppies falling from the sky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 12:08:16 am »

Its swans ^^

so you're saying an agent is a liar?
"That's why we must form an army and make them wish they had never been rendered."

Logic over emotion in my reasons. Good luck to those who rage over my decisions.

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 12:34:14 am »

Its swans ^^

No, I was wrong. Sorry.

Also:
Uh, lifts? Are called Vertical-Televators here.
Stairs (know that word from Minecraft) are Vertical-Self-Televators

Oh, and manners are a lot more strict over here.
  • A male must always doff his hat, when meeting a woman.
  • The ladies first rule is compulsory, it can be reported as a crime if not followed.
  • You must always be wearing your best clothes (Suit + top hat/Formal dress) on Sundays
  • Tea is the only drink that is served/sold on Saturdays.
  • You must also bow down, whenever you see an image of the queen, and say "God Save her Majesty, The Queen"

butterflywolves

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 01:00:27 am »
Thanks for the help everyone!! I can't wait to go, but could you send me some pics of the Queen. I don't want to be like looking at her and be like "who's that person who has way to much money and is wearing a fancy dress?" Thanks again. Also please keep telling me their "differences" I mean I know "pants" means "underwear" and that would be awkward.
Im back.... I think

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 03:45:44 am »
Well, they speak english. thats good. It isnt exactly foreign.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 03:51:15 pm »

Its swans ^^

No, I was wrong. Sorry.

Also:
Uh, lifts? Are called Vertical-Televators here.
Stairs (know that word from Minecraft) are Vertical-Self-Televators

Oh, and manners are a lot more strict over here.
  • A male must always doff his hat, when meeting a woman.
  • The ladies first rule is compulsory, it can be reported as a crime if not followed.
  • You must always be wearing your best clothes (Suit + top hat/Formal dress) on Sundays
  • Tea is the only drink that is served/sold on Saturdays.
  • You must also bow down, whenever you see an image of the queen, and say "God Save her Majesty, The Queen"

lol claw :P

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 05:22:59 pm »
Thanks for the help everyone!! I can't wait to go, but could you send me some pics of the Queen. I don't want to be like looking at her and be like "who's that person who has way to much money and is wearing a fancy dress?" Thanks again. Also please keep telling me their "differences" I mean I know "pants" means "underwear" and that would be awkward.

This is Her Majesty, The Queen, God save her grace.

(click to show/hide)

?

jh2018

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 07:27:30 pm »
Hey guys I'm going to London sometime (will not say time for personal reasons) and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on where to go. Also anything you guys say differently "lift = elevator" also a thanks to Qu1cksl1va for helping me too!! I thank you in advance!
-Butter-

Go to Ireland! Dublin! Take pictures of Dublin and send them to me :)

and tell the queen i said hi :3
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 07:29:18 pm by jh2018 »

lordyokel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 07:41:05 pm »
you should check out the Olympic stadiums, they are super cool.

-Old man Yokel

butterflywolves

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 11:54:23 pm »

This is Her Majesty, The Queen, God save her grace.

(click to show/hide)

?

She looks creepy. Don't tell her I said that
Im back.... I think

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 03:24:58 am »
You. Havent seen her. Before.