May 04, 2024, 05:44:31 pm

Author Topic: I need to you tell this before I explode....  (Read 2769 times)

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
I need to you tell this before I explode....
« on: February 04, 2013, 12:08:53 am »
Please stop making fun of my young age (you know who you are.)! I really don't like it and it makes me get REALLY frustrated and nobody wants to be made fun of about something about them that they can't control anyway! :(

Thank you to any whom may concern.
-Dale

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: I need to you tell this before I explode....
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 12:16:40 am »
I dont think it was me but ill make sure i wont do it and nobody else will.

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 01:19:59 am »
I'll take this topic as a warning to all the next time i see someone poke fun at Dale.

The rules state:

7. No harassing of other users
10. Use common sense before you act. If part of you thinks what you are doing is wrong then don’t do it.

The point is Be Respectful to others.

Even if it's a joke to you, its hurtful to the player.

I may be just a mod but i take these forms of harrassment very seriously. I will consider anyone doing this as breaking 2 of our rules and thus they will be punished accordingly.

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 01:27:41 am »
If I ever have I'm sorry.
Im back.... I think

Kodak28

• ~carpe noctem~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 01:33:53 am »
Dale, I have seen this happen in game and on the forum.  If you ever have a problem like this please feel free to talk to a staff member about it and we can work out a solution together.  However, making a post like this public to all isn't always the best way to handle the situation.  We don't want any player to be in any sense bullied over something and we'll do our best to help you out, but please talk to us about it so that we can help you.

As to everyone else, harrassing another player isn't acceptable.  This may be the internet but poking fun at someone over here can still have harmful effects.  Whether it is Dale or someone else, be respectful to everyone.  We want this server to be an enjoyable experience for all and no one should get as frustrated as Dale seems to be now.

(click to show/hide)

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 01:44:43 am »
Yea. I dont believe i have personally seen this but if you need to privately tell anyone anything but dont want it discussed by staff and just want a players help comr to me. And in like 3rd grade i was bullied cause i was weak, and now im half a foot taller than the bully and a lacrosse goalie. Everyone is the youngest one around for a while. Dont worry

Winniedoxie

• The Dachshund Fanatic
  • Dachshunds ❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 04:58:52 am »
I have heard about this ongoing issue Dale. Harassment isn't acceptable and some people should know better. Staff members are always there to help you out with that kind of stuff too, don't be afraid to ask them!

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 04:59:44 am »
Dale, I may be one of those who have done this. And for that, I am truly sorry. If there is any way I can reconcile with you, please tell me.

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 12:13:35 pm »
Dale, I have seen this happen in game and on the forum.  If you ever have a problem like this please feel free to talk to a staff member about it and we can work out a solution together.  However, making a post like this public to all isn't always the best way to handle the situation.  We don't want any player to be in any sense bullied over something and we'll do our best to help you out, but please talk to us about it so that we can help you.

As to everyone else, harrassing another player isn't acceptable.  This may be the internet but poking fun at someone over here can still have harmful effects.  Whether it is Dale or someone else, be respectful to everyone.  We want this server to be an enjoyable experience for all and no one should get as frustrated as Dale seems to be now.

I will notify a staff member if this happens again. Thank you, kodak. :')
-Dale

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 05:27:51 pm »
Well it really is kind of your own fault.

A. It is NEVER ok for anybody to make fun of anybody especially not in a joking way.

But the other side of this is that kids like you are registering and lying to the forum when you register. There is a clear check box that makes you click it to verify you are 13. It even says that you are 11 on the forum. So really if you don't want to deal with the harsh language don't lie to the forum.
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 06:49:51 pm »

A. It is NEVER ok for anybody to make fun of anybody especially not in a joking way.

But the other side of this is that kids like you are registering and lying to the forum when you register. There is a clear check box that makes you click it to verify you are 13. It even says that you are 11 on the forum. So really if you don't want to deal with the harsh language don't lie to the forum.

pretty sure that checkbox is just to keep opti from being sued for breaching copa and w/e the other one is...

that check box really has absolutely nothing to do with an age requirement for the forums, what it is, is that by law they can't collect information (name, age, email , etc) on anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. so instead of handing out consent forms to everyone's parents, it's simpler to have a check box and if the user lies the fault is on them and not the owner of the website since the checkbox meets the requirements of determining age for copa....

also.... technically he's not lying about his age since since he registered with his actual age, if anything he's lying about whether or not his parents mind him giving out basic general personal info, of course his parents might not care in which case he has consent and wasn't lying.... I've never met his parents so i couldn't tell u...

how about we just don't make fun of any people or get on their case about any stupid trivial crap for any reason.... and just let dale go back to having fun playing a game with his friends?

it is just a game after all....
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 07:07:40 pm »

pretty sure that checkbox is just to keep opti from being sued for breaching copa and w/e the other one is...

that check box really has absolutely nothing to do with an age requirement for the forums, what it is, is that by law they can't collect information (name, age, email , etc) on anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. so instead of handing out consent forms to everyone's parents, it's simpler to have a check box and if the user lies the fault is on them and not the owner of the website since the checkbox meets the requirements of determining age for copa....

also.... technically he's not lying about his age since since he registered with his actual age, if anything he's lying about whether or not his parents mind him giving out basic general personal info, of course his parents might not care in which case he has consent and wasn't lying.... I've never met his parents so i couldn't tell u...

how about we just don't make fun of any people or get on their case about any stupid trivial crap for any reason.... and just let dale go back to having fun playing a game with his friends?

it is just a game after all....

While you are right, he did lie by checking the box. I tried registering an account withput checking the box and it said you must be 13 to use the forums. The spam prevention is further down asking yes and no questions
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2013, 07:51:27 pm »
I got my parent's permission to register, so I am legally registered...
-Dale