May 02, 2024, 02:44:26 pm

Author Topic: Moderator Application- DJAlphaWolf  (Read 4061 times)

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
Moderator Application- DJAlphaWolf
« on: January 31, 2013, 01:35:47 am »
Timezone: CST (UTC/GMT -6)
Join Date:SMP: in mid-february 2011. Forum: December 15, 2011
Were you recommended by anyone?: GirlLuvzerMac, Techdude98, TheRealFamous
Why you should become a moderator: I have always had a love of helping people. Ever since I joined Classic, it was my goal to become a member of classic staff (which i eventually achieved). When I had the privelege of being able to join SMP back in February, I loved it. SMP, in my days, was a great experience, with wonderful memories and wonderful staff. I looked up to the staff here the same way I looked up to the staff on classic. However, I always felt that SMP staff had a stronger role in the community. They handled much more complex issues and problems than was given on classic. For that, I regarded them with utmost respect. As a fledgling trusted back in February, I did my best to support the staff by handing out water and lighting portals. I usually did these things in the absence of mods, but in times of extreme busyness, I was allowed to help out with the minor problems. At one point, I was so caught up in SMP that I almost forgot about my roots in classic. I became an active member on classic again through time and had left SMP. But I began to miss my days helping guests on SMP. Soon enough, I had rejoined the SMP community and made many new friends. I still feel I could contribute to the community and so I have been very active for the past few months. Since these months, I have learned to balance my love for SMP and for Classic. And I try to be on both as much as I possibly can.

You see.....I've never really been much of a player. As a person, I am naturally charismatic, funny, friendly and talkative. I love talking to people and I especially love helping people out with their problems. So it shouldn't be surprising that leadership roles such as being on the staff team were in my mindset. I have in the past 2-3 months become a more active member on SMP. With the lack of activity on classic, my job isn't as exciting as it used to be. I, nevertheless, continue to enjoy my job and do the best at it. I feel that I can balance both jobs along with my academics very well.

Some facts that you should know about me is that I've never really been that interested in building, but I'd much rather enjoy the occasional mining or helping people out. I have observed past moderators (not on the staff team currently) and have noticed that some tended to not focus on the guest in need but on what they were currently doing. As I did on classic, I vowed to be quick and responsive to my fellow opticrafters. I will always drop whatever I am doing or talking about to go help someone in need of me. And I promise to do the same if I were promoted to Moderator.

I feel I could contribute my experience as an Operator on Classic Opticraft and Operator on a server elsewhere to the position of Moderator on SMP. I have much experience in handling guests and I am a very patient, and calm person with them. Though I can be quite the jokester, I find myself extremely dedicated, responsible and mature when it comes to my job. I hope to go above and beyond and prove I am worthy of Moderator, if I were accepted.

Extra details: I am an active member of the community and try to be on as much as I can after school. This is however, my senior year of high school, and I won't always be on 24/7. I have many responsibilities and homework to handle, so I apologize if I am not there for 1 day a week. But I can assure you, I can be on for at least 2-3 hours a day for at least 5 to 6 days a week. I am setting a time goal of at least 20-25 hours a week but I can do more than that if need be.

Even so, I will try my absolute best to be on more than I promised. Some nights I have been known to stay up late playing Minecraft. So i can probably squeeze in a few hours on late night shifts. :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:08:48 pm by TheRealFamous »

__pORKCHOPS

• The frenchie
    • View Profile
Re: Moderator Application- DJAlphaWolf
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 01:39:48 am »
first supporter :D

gavin1928374655

• Sexy Mermaid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:42:01 am »
supported

tundraboy44

• I haz you trapped.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 01:47:26 am »
supported!!!

Oh nothing, just opti talking to himself again. xD

xNuzzy

• 6ix
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 02:03:40 am »
Good luck to you DJ.
You make choices in life and you don't look back

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 02:26:53 am »
All of the Luck in the world is towards you Dj =)

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 02:44:38 am »
supported :)

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 02:54:37 am »
I was wondering when an app was going to have your name on it. Supproted.  ;)

Zeradeth_

• "I am burdened with glorious purpose." -Loki
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 02:57:07 am »
You have my full support, DJ! I've seen you around the server, and you're a fair, wonderful, supportive player! You're helpful too :3 I love having conversations with you, and hope to see your name in bright, shiny blue soon!
Visit the Typing Test and try!

techdude98

• I was never a noob i was born pro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 03:09:36 am »
supported you have my recommendation.

Wyboth

• Champion Member
  • No longer active - contact me on Reddit.
    • View Profile
    • Contact me via reddit
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 03:53:32 am »
Supported.

I am inactive. Click here to send me a message that I'll actually see.

ninjafail888

• Oh Hi Dere
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 03:58:33 am »
I really hope you get this. You contribute to the Opticraft community as much as possible. You Have my support.
▒█▄░▒█ ▀█▀ ▒█▄░▒█ ░░░▒█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ░█▀▀█ ▀█▀ ▒█░░░ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▀▀▄
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█░ ▒█▒█▒█ ░▄░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░ ▒█░░░ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▀▀▄
▒█░░▀█ ▄█▄ ▒█░░▀█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▄█▄ ▒█▄▄█ ▀▄▄▀ ▀▄▄▀ ▀▄▄▀
(click to show/hide)

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 06:20:28 am »