May 15, 2024, 06:46:32 am

Author Topic: Thanks for the best damn year I could have ever spent.  (Read 10855 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
Thanks for the best damn year I could have ever spent.
« on: January 28, 2013, 02:45:34 am »
It's been a little over a year now since I looked up minecraftserverslist.com and saw a rather promising server called "Opticraft." I joined the server and met the community and all of the wonderful people. I said "I finally found the perfect server." You are reading this, and are probably scared thinking "Oh shit, he's leaving isn't he?!" Sadly, yes. Just insert a "I have lost my love for vanilla Minecraft" excuse in here. Some of you are going to go ahead and say "He's just butthurt he lost moderator so he's leaving." You are almost right. It's the other way around. I pretty much lost moderator because I was leaving without realizing it. You see, I expected a shitload of tickets and banning griefers left and right, but let's be honest: 60% of my time was spent flying in circles around my house waiting for a ticket that actually turned out to just be a false trigger. Then a friend messaged me ingame "Wanna join my friend's tekkit server?" I responded saying "I don't play tekkit. Sorry." But then, earlier that day about a week ago I said "Actually, I'm trying something new today. Little did I know I was dooming my Opticraft career. I'm leaving. Yup. I'm sorry, but it happened, and I'm just gonna go ahead and say: blame tekkit. Go throw tekkit out the window if you want revenge, but I'm sorry to say tekkit is not a physical object, and therefore cannot be thrown outside a window. I am not leaving you guys ENTIRELY though: Who the hell am I to do that with all you guys floating around? Come on, at least I will pop in and out ingame every now and then, and I sure as hell am not ditching the forums. Who knows, maybe I will come back. But hold up. I'm going out, but I will not just disappear. I will be writing a very long and descriptive book about my entire time on Opticraft. But first, on here I will write some career highlights and leave a nice note to all of my friends that I can even remember (Hey, with this great of a community I'm probably gonna miss a bunch). But here's the deal: If you guys can give me a really damn good reason to stay, I will stay. Start with theone's memorial wall. Idk make me proud or something.

Notable People - Thanks for hangin around with me guys. I really appreciate it.

-theone7142- Holy shit. I just had a flashback I was surprised I could remember. It's March, and some dude named theone7142 is just hangin around the server. We start up a conversation, become amazingly great friends, he moves his house next to mine, we open up a shop (It's still there), and all of a sudden I'm just sitting there like "Holy hell. I just realized all this happened when we were a frickin guest." Theone7142 tried to leave. But hell no. I made sure he stayed with theone7142's memorial wall right in front of his house. You think I would just let him leave like that? NO. I salute you sir. And I wish you the best of luck.

-awesomealicia (AKA SpamSlayer)- I just fucking love your sarcasm. I read something somewhere saying "Sarcastic people tend to be more creative" on some "Did you know?" website and shit, and I thought "Huh. I think I better take a quick look at all of awesomealicia's builds next time I get ingame." Awesomealicia also promoted me to Trusted rank, jump started the climax of my time here, and made my damn day everyday. Seeya.

-opticalza- Dude. Where did you get this idea from? "Hey, let's just buy a server box and then host one of Minecraft's greatest servers of all time according to server lists everywhere! Good idea!" Obviously, you took a big risk, and you became one of the luckier ones with the outcome being like this. You took my money and it was well spent. Thanks man.

-2crzy4uall (AKA BanHappyModerator)- I remember back when this dude was a member. Now he just got operator a few days ago (somewhere around the time I was inactive). It's amazing when you watch people grow. It really is. 2crzy managed to put a smile on my face almost any day as well, and helped me when I first got moderator with learning all the commands and stuff.

ViperZeroOne- You're not reading this. I know that. It's so unfortunate you left, I really enjoyed having you around with your lack of seriousness at times. I never got to listen to Club Dark. I doubt you will come back, but thanks for the time you spent when you were here.

minecraftfan669- You're not reading this either. You were the very first ever friend I made when I joined this server. LB my house. The bottom floor. His name is in there somewhere. Thanks, and sorry I hijacked your enchanted pickaxe you wanted me to sell, I was just so amazed at Effeciency I pickaxes to be honest with you, I was new to Minecraft at the time.

-LIEKABOWSE- You sir, are just a damn genius. You are pretty awesome, and I'm pretty sure someone has told you that before. I met you early in your Opticraft career, and you then invited me to your private server in which I made some pretty shitty buildings XD. Treat Cazual well Mah Boi, seeya.

Jake_EP3300- I'm sorry our friendship didn't last too long, but it was pretty fun. You were a nice guy, and I just talked to you ingame at this very moment. I will be looking forward to seeing you with an orange name next time I see you, mmkay? Seeya man.

TurtleMan918 - Why are you so random? I don't know you all that much, but you say the derpiest and randomest shit ever and it makes me laugh like hell.

CazualxGrenade - Boom. Last one on this list. Sit comfortably and get cozy, this is gonna get pretty long.

So Picture this: You're sitting in a classroom on the first day of 7th grade and you're bored as hell. The new kid is sitting next to you, and he's staying pretty quiet. You've got one hour to start a friendship before Pre-Algebra ends, so get going. Here's my situation: I know the teacher already, I know the general rules, why don't I go and make a new friend? I got some kid here next to me named Andy...mmkay. Good enough. I left that classroom to go to P.E. and we just kept talking the whole time. The year went on, and it was around the beginning of the new year when I heard something that sparked an idea in my mind: Bring Andy to Opticraft. He said to me "Do you play Minecraft?" "Yeah, I got a cool new server called Opticraft you might like, we could start off there." 2 weeks later I met Cazual ingame, and it was quite the reunion. We both kept at the same pace. I got Trusted. A few days later he did. I actually was that close to rejecting myself for moderator when I learned I was going to be a moderator and leaving Cazual behind. About 2 months in, I realized that bringing Cazual into Opticraft ended up being one of the best moves I ever did, and it benefitted the server greatly. I'm pretty sure he's shocked to read this, and if anything, I'm just glad that I get to keep Cazual when I leave :P I might be leaving, but guys. Treat Cazual well, mmkay? He's a brother to me. And is the only way i could have possibly gotten my own minecraft account or donated to the server. I'll see you tomorrow Cazual.

Any questions? Post a comment. I'll be glad to respond.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

davioo

• View Profile
Re: Thanks for the best damn year I could have ever spent.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 02:52:36 am »
TL&DR PLZ!

TarynMai

• Admin
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:53:09 am »
http://did-you-kno.tumblr.com/ This would be where youre coming from.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 03:01:53 am »
Bye, I will be here when you decide to come back.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 03:46:23 am »
SNAPE NO NO NO NO
STAY PLEASE D:

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 04:01:23 am »
Salsa. You've brought me to this server, and we started out greatly. In the beginning, it was us, a few members, and some building. The time we started getting trusted together, it was like a whole new beginning for us, and we made some new friends. In the middle, bah screw it, in the end. You were a great moderator, but today is the time you split paths with us, and I can completely understand that. We all have ropes tied to our goals, and most have reached them. As time passes, this may happen at some point for me, so farewell. But I will still be able to see you at school, and shall we savor this memory to our fullest. Cheers friend.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 05:24:49 am »
I never knew you well, but I saw you were nice and friendly, and you not being on opticraft will suck, any way goodbye for now.
About posts, how do you even post a post?

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 05:47:57 am »
Wow. Salsa, of all people leaving...

I didn't see that coming really. You were always a pretty active member on the forums and on smp.

But good luck on your adventures on tekkit mate. We'll be here waiting for your visits and eventual return.

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 05:59:51 am »
That is quite a story. It's sad to see you go.
Good luck with whatever you end up doing =)

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 06:48:36 am »
It really does suck to see so many really good friends go, goodbye and goodluck.
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

kagarium

• I'm alive, but inactive.
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 11:10:00 am »
I love how Igen said 'when' u return, not 'if'

anyways, goodbye salsa I hope that you have fun with whatever else it is you do

i blame tekkit for this
IGN: kag1999_ (now kagarium, thanks butter)

Quote from: Nick3306
I saved 100% on car insurance by switching to no car insurance

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 11:46:29 am »
I will miss you a lot!! But ever since you got your own account I can't call you Snapey.
Ill miss you Snapey
Im back.... I think

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 11:55:19 am »
Wow Salsa, all the memories are starting to fade away along with this server's most beloved. You know what? Screw mods! (The mods you install, not the moderators on this server.) Still Snape, I along with all of Opticraft's caring citizens will dearly miss you. Good luck with whatever you become happy with doing. ;)

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 12:48:26 pm »
Even though i wasnt on the wall of text, i read the whole thing.

So now its your turn to read mine, and its all about you
Lets start out with "salsas list of goals".
1. Get trusted *check*
2. Get 1000 posts *check*
3. Get moderator *check*
4. Become a role model *check*
5. Throw it all awaycheck

See, i went for another server for a few weeks. Half the reason i came back was you. Only, when i come back, i see you leaving. What dafuq? Crzy just got op. And you just got demoted. See, if i didnt know you id be glad you left. Itd make me like a veteran, since we joined about the same time. See, half the reason i didnt go up a rank with you is cause in the summer i got banned. That permaban was held until i appealled in early august. After that, it took a month to get trusted. But you were probably trusted way before. Bwcause of that, i looked up to you. You basically control the offtopic section. You were just so nice. I believe a lot of people looked up to you. Stay. Stay here. Staying on the forums will doom you. You will have ties to here, and you will still feel here so it will not feel like you need to come on IG. I beg of thee, i will give you so much, stay.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 03:33:39 pm »
What the hell amI doing. I cannot just throw it all away like goalie said. Like I said, give me a good reason and I'll come back, and now I see that this was sufficient. I sat up in bed last night for an hour thinking about this and another 20 minutes this morning. I am not ready to leave opticraft. Besides, I wanna be here when 1.5 the "fuck up ALL red stone creations!' update comes out, I gotta go to school so seeya.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.