May 11, 2024, 10:06:33 am

Author Topic: I need advice. Don't be immature.  (Read 6555 times)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
I need advice. Don't be immature.
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:38:07 pm »
Cazual, don't say ANYTHING to her. I will tell you who tomorrow if you read this.

And this is why I love Opticraft. I turn to you again, wonderful community. Females especially and older males. So there's a girl... Nuff said. I just don't know how to approach them with the question and what to do before I ask her out. How do I make sure she says yes, and how do I approach her?

And can the females tell me what they like in guys? It would help a great deal. If you want to, be only slightly serious but try to keep it on topic and don't be too sarcastic. Thanks.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
Re: I need advice. Don't be immature.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:40:15 pm »
Depends on the age and how the girl acts.
are you friends already or whats going on?
we need some background to work with here!

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:10 pm »
Friendship is slightly there, she's 14.

The perfect mix between girly and not being super freakin girly, you know all that pink and ponies and other crap.
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Wratkie

• Oldie but goodie :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 09:46:10 pm »
Are you 14 as well?
do you have access to hangout with her on a reg. basis without making it into the friend zone?
Do you have other female friends to use to your advantage?

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:47:35 pm »
Are you 14 as well?
do you have access to hangout with her on a reg. basis without making it into the friend zone?
Do you have other female friends to use to your advantage?

he sure is.

And Salsa! I was wondering when you'd be liking someone. And I always keep promises you've always told me.
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 09:48:52 pm »
It's hard no to be funny, hahaha hard...
I have had past experiences:

If I were you, I'd start to talk to her, via text or Facebook.  Just start talking to her, you'll become better friends.  Then at lunch start talking to her, or if your in the same class, walk wither, talk with her, laugh with her and start to play games, just personnel ones, like tag, or something like that.  Once you think you've built up enough confidence, or she is starting to like you, ask her out, but when you do it, make sure she is happy, like after you tell her a joke.  Just randomly go bam! Want to go out with me?  Or if you pussy out, just text her it, of Facebook her it.  But ask her in face, it's means your not a pussy, and it will show her you have confidence and courage and other stuff.

Good luck!
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 09:51:31 pm »
She goes to my school so I hang out with her for two hours in class and sits behind me at lunch. And a little bit to the left. But yes, I hang out every day. And hammy, that was very helpful. Thanks man.

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 09:54:07 pm »
Your welcome! :D

Also, when your in the same class, talk to her a bit. Or play your personnel game, you have between her.
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

butterflywolves

• xx Builder xx Trusted xx
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 10:20:03 pm »
I'm a girl! Ok no stupid jokes. Girls want stuff like "I like your shirt" also some girls don't like a geeky guy, at my school I hide he fact that I like minecraft, sometimes I've can give the wrong impression, unless this girl likes stuff like that. Most guys aren't very self conscious, in terms of clothes. I personally like someone who is well dressed and smart. Another thing I like is that slightly long hair look. Ok one more thing, don't ask her around her friends, they may tease her or even you. Do it somewhere private. And don't go straight for a kiss to win her over, and stuttering doesn't look good.
Im back.... I think

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 10:48:55 pm »
You ask us to not be "immature" and yet you're there asking us how to pick up a girl we don't even know... If you like her just start by being her friend.

Next time please don't ask us to not be "immature" if you're scared to talk to a girl in the first place.

Pew1998

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 10:49:34 pm »
I know this might sound like it come out of an old text book or some crap like that, but just be yourself. Girls like it when you talk to them about them. Well, every girl is diffrent, so I could be totally wrong. I am not far from being in your predicement also :p .

...Now, that coming from a guy who has never had a girlfriend... :p

Edit:Davioo, be nice to snape. I dont know how old you are, or if you have ever had this problem (Who knows, you might have 2 girlfriends), but snape just needs advice, he dosnt want to pour out his soul to the world wide web. I'm not trying to be mean, just help him the best you can.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 10:55:17 pm by pew1998 »

Winniedoxie

• The Dachshund Fanatic
  • Dachshunds ❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 11:09:35 pm »
This is what I look for in a guy-
-Has proper hygiene! Ex. Clean teeth, well maintained hair, showers daily, etc.
-Is compassionate, caring, there when his girl needs him most.
-Puts his family and the ones he loves first.
-Tries in classes and receives good grades. -C's are pushing it.
-Makes time for his girl.
-Is not afraid to hold her hand in public.
-Would never dream of hurting her.
These are just some that I can think of right now. But you get the point right?

Things that I don't look for in a guy-
-Has a massive ego.
-Walks with his friends, and leaves his girl hanging behind.
-Treats his family like crap.
-Does drugs, alcohol, or smokes. Ew.
-Treats his girl like "she's just another one".
-Communicates over social network and text nonstop but doesn't talk in person.

When you feel ready to ask her out, do it. I highly recommend you ask her out in person. Make sure she gets the feeling that you are going to ask her out soon, don't make it sudden and in her face. If you want to go over the top, come up with creative ways to ask her out!
For example-
Order a pizza and have it delivered to her house but ask to have "will you go out with me?" Written on the box and the pepperoni shaped as a heart.
Say she likes softball, get a softball and write "will you go out with me" on it. Then give it to her.
Another easier option, does your school have dances? If so, ask her to one of those!

Kurseddragon

• I can't stop thinking.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 11:12:46 pm »
I feel bad. My girlfriend liked me more than I liked her..
She kinda made everything happen herself. Lol.
It's like she was in the "guy" spot, but what difference does it make. One person has to go for the other if the other isn't as interested. It just happened to be switched from the social norm this time.

In terms of what she did; just be consistent.
We started off super awkward, but she stuck with it (I mean in terms of just friendship).
She kept asking to do hw at my house and what-not. Then went further and asked if I wanted to go places. Eventually opened up hints that she obviously liked me and wanted to be more than friends. Even after I told her I didn't like anybody, she still continued to try (And at this point, she never told me who she liked either, but I didn't ask). She just kept going and we got closer and more comfortable. She actually asked me if I wanted to call us more than just friends. Not traditional, but it worked out in the end.

Ironic that I should feel bad for you, since I really didn't even try myself. I should feel bad about myself. ):

To be honest, if you're just friends in school, change that. Being friends outside of school can be COMPLETELY different and will get you closer and more comfortable. It'll take a bit of time, but I'm sure you'll know when it's a good time to ask.
Btw, you have to know what to ask. My girlfriend always asked "Who do you like?" every once in a while, but I always came back with "No one" (For a reason). Someone told her to ask it differently, and she asked "Do you like me?" and I replied with yes.

So be careful with your wording. (:

Dalei

• Somewhere far away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 07:53:48 pm »
I'm a girl! Ok no stupid jokes. Girls want stuff like "I like your shirt" also some girls don't like a geeky guy, at my school I hide he fact that I like minecraft, sometimes I've can give the wrong impression, unless this girl likes stuff like that. Most guys aren't very self conscious, in terms of clothes. I personally like someone who is well dressed and smart. Another thing I like is that slightly long hair look. Ok one more thing, don't ask her around her friends, they may tease her or even you. Do it somewhere private. And don't go straight for a kiss to win her over, and stuttering doesn't look good.

Im going to ADD to that.

Yes, sometimes girls like good looks, but thats not the point.

The end of your paragraph, good point. I never did that, knowing that. Smart.

How i got my used-to-be girlfriend was by finding out what we had in common. Mostly hobbies suit this. If your girl happens to like minecraft, do an LAN with her! This was a simalar method i did, only with Club Penguin...

Thats my little sprinkle of advice. Good luck.

-Evan
-Dale

whatehfuh

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 08:05:31 pm »
Like someone said already, just ease into it. Start hanging out with her more and more without being clingy and then when it feels right, look her straight in the eyes and ask her out with as much confidence as you can gather at once and hope for the best. Whats the worst that could happen, she says no and you move on? Oh and be yourself, don't act out of character. Don't be someone your not because even if it works now, it wont work later.
I like big butts and I cannot lie...