May 02, 2024, 11:44:25 am

Author Topic: New rank : Wizard  (Read 7468 times)

davioo

• View Profile
New rank : Wizard
« on: January 23, 2013, 01:57:43 am »
I suggest we add a new rank called Wizard for 2 year+ members. Wizards would have access to kick, fly and tp commands.

Pros :

Not hard to code.
Could become handy when no mods/ops/admins are on.
Would be a cool reward for our years of work and support.

Cons :

??

REQUIREMENTS :
Must have been on opticraft for over 2 years.
Must have been a staff member in the past.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 02:08:21 am by davioo »

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
Re: New rank : Wizard
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 02:02:55 am »
So you want to be a mod without the responsibility of helping people out?

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 02:05:20 am »
So you want to be a mod without the responsibility of helping people out?

If I wanted to be a mod I would've asked for ban commands, rollback commands, and let alone the other commands mods have that this rank wouldn't.

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:08:49 am »
SMP has not been on for two years. What justice do you provide for this rank? This is just a luxury rank. Kick would be easily abused, players would troll around and annoy other players etc; flying would be abused, players would fly up to collect glow stone for example or to travel faster; TP, I don't see much wrong except for if a player doesn't want another, one might use this. It's a really unnecessary rank. Why do you suggest it?

And the "must have been a staff member in the past" doesn't help...

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 02:11:32 am »
Well with the changes, it's like every other "Veteran" rank that people have suggested. also the commands for Logblock and such are all the workhorse commands, so my point still stands, it's simply all the "fun" aspects of being a mod.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 02:13:14 am »
SMP has not been on for two years. What justice do you provide for this rank? This is just a luxury rank. Kick would be easily abused, players would troll around and annoy other players etc; flying would be abused, players would fly up to collect glow stone for example or to travel faster; TP, I don't see much wrong except for if a player doesn't want another, one might use this. It's a really unnecessary rank. Why do you suggest it?

1. When I said 2 years I was talking about being on Opticraft over all for 2 years, not only on smp.
2. Kick wouldnt be abused, since the people with this rank would've already been staff members and they would've already shown their abilities to moderate the server.
3. Same thing applies for glowstone.
4. Players could chose to /accept or /deny the TPs.

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 02:13:37 am »
All I can say is what has already been said. Several other topic similar to this have been made and shot down. So even though this may seem like a nice thing to have. I am guessing it will be shot down again.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 02:13:47 am »
Well with the changes, it's like every other "Veteran" rank that people have suggested. also the commands for Logblock and such are all the workhorse commands, so my point still stands, it's simply all the "fun" aspects of being a mod.

Isn't minecraft all about having fun?

Your_Mine

• Death Knight Operator
  • Guardian of an Abandoned Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 02:17:20 am »
Probably a tad too much power for a non-staff rank. I would suggest taking off fly, and maybe even teleport. However, the kick would be useful for troublemakers in chat when no staff members are on.
All your mine are belong to me.

joshskiizz

• The Hispanic Moderator
  • screw you guys I'm going home
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 02:23:09 am »
1. When I said 2 years I was talking about being on Opticraft over all for 2 years, not only on smp.
2. Kick wouldnt be abused, since the people with this rank would've already been staff members and they would've already shown their abilities to moderate the server.
How one acts on classic may be similar to SMP, but they're still different servers.
They may be on here two whole years, but what makes it a positive contribution?
Kick would still be abused... staff members have always showed how absolutely mature they can become.
Ahh, yea the TPA would be a cool addition, just not TP.

Probably a tad too much power for a non-staff rank. I would suggest taking off fly, and maybe even teleport. However, the kick would be useful for troublemakers in chat when no staff members are on.
I think only personally trusted players on behalf of Admins should be able to have access to this.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 02:26:53 am »
How one acts on classic may be similar to SMP, but they're still different servers.
They may be on here two whole years, but what makes it a positive contribution?
Kick would still be abused... staff members have always showed how absolutely mature they can become.
Ahh, yea the TPA would be a cool addition, just not TP.

I think only personally trusted players on behalf of Admins should be able to have access to this.

The 2 year+ thing is a requirement, not a condition. But I do agree, players who receive the rank should be hand-picked by admins.

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 02:58:26 am »
So your saying that this will be VERY hard to earn? Now what's the chance one of these players will be on when a mod isn't, AND someone needs to be kicked? And since they don't have rollback they will only help with spammers/advertisers/rude word sayers, so why do they need TPA and fly? Also how many former mods that have been on for more than 2 years? the awnser (im assuming) is none. It might seem like a good idea first, but think about it a little more and you'll find plenty cons.
About posts, how do you even post a post?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 02:59:46 am »
As we have said in the past we are not going to add a new rank until we feel the need to add a new rank.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 03:08:22 am »
 Also how many former mods that have been on for more than 2 years? the awnser (im assuming) is none. It might seem like a good idea first, but think about it a little more and you'll find plenty cons.
[/quote]

You should get your facts right before you post sir.

davioo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 03:11:47 am »
As we have said in the past we are not going to add a new rank until we feel the need to add a new rank.

When could that be?