May 05, 2024, 12:56:47 am

Author Topic: Lucky OR Unlucky Experience (Contest) TIME LIMIT REACHED, DONE! PLEASE LOCK!  (Read 6543 times)

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
Here ya go. I seem to be getting luckier and luckier by day in Opticraft. From getting 133 slimeballs by venturing into a swamp to obtaining 4 ghast tears from a ghast using my sword while almost falling 100 blocks into lava. I want to hear some of your stories of Lucky/Unlucky experiences and we can hold a contest. You say what your experience was and I'll keep updates on who is winning.
[Contest ends on February 16th, 8:00 PM EST (GMT-5).]
[Winner is awarded $2k ingame.]
[Be as descriptive as possible.]

GO! Good luck! ;)

« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 02:01:03 pm by 360OLLIE »

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
Re: Lucky Experience (Contest)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:47:37 am »
Well, I was mining under my old shop.  Inventory full of ores and stuff.  I was near lava, too close.  All of the sudden all of my pets spawn there and 3-4 cats perished in the lava.  Attempting to move the pets away from the lava, I ran away from the lava pool.   As I was running I fell in a hole that had lava at the bottom.  Strange to say, I was "standing" on the lava without taking fire damage.  I looked closer and it turned out I was barely standing on some stone next to the lava.  I was very lucky that day.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 02:25:22 am »
My friend (ingame only) left cause of another server. Before that, he allowed me in his chests. He had SO SO SO many diamonds, iron, gold, enchanted stuff.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 02:43:43 am »
i managed to find my dead body and get back my items after dying in an ender pearl mishap while on a long adventure in the nether. still not sure how the hell i found my way back to where i died.... kinda just knew i died in the west near a fortress so i dug a straight path west from one of my /homes there and just happened to pop out right near where i died. got back my eff5 fort3 unbrk 3 pickaxe as well as a bunch of other gear and a bunch of coal ps i was using to snatch up blaze spawners =P
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 03:33:42 am »
When I was a new player, I managed to get 4 stacks of bonemeal when a player did a huge drop.

Back when pumpkins were in the market still, someone let me use their farm. Lots of money from that one.

I fell in the nether while holding 3 enchanted tools/weapons, and I had all diamond armour, and my bow was also enchanted. I fell, and when I landed I had 1/2 of a heart left.

Best griefer name ^

ninjafail888

• Oh Hi Dere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 05:01:59 am »
Well I win the lotto EVERY TIME I do my trick (classified).  And one time I was mining for hours then I saw
Lava, I fell down almost hit the lava with half a heart left.
▒█▄░▒█ ▀█▀ ▒█▄░▒█ ░░░▒█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ░█▀▀█ ▀█▀ ▒█░░░ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▀▀▄
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█░ ▒█▒█▒█ ░▄░▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░ ▒█░░░ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▀▀▄
▒█░░▀█ ▄█▄ ▒█░░▀█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░▒█ ▄█▄ ▒█▄▄█ ▀▄▄▀ ▀▄▄▀ ▀▄▄▀
(click to show/hide)

Sugna

• -woodenslime-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 07:26:26 pm »
I found opticraft...

Jks, probably one of the most lucky things that happend to me was I found a double blaze spawner, killed the dragon and earnt 100k in one day.

The most un-lucky (Off topic I know) : I lent my "friend" my silk touch and he fell in lava and burnt it... Hes perma banned (not for that though)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 07:54:17 pm by WoodenSlime »
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 10:02:47 pm »
I agree with Slime too! So far, I think tiggy is winning.
I appreciate that you guys thought of doing unlucky times too. One unlucky time was when I was detailing the land in my village while two guys I had sold a plot to were building their home. I was in a desert, I was digging sand blocks really fast. I destroyed a block of sandstone and moved forward. At the last second, I realized that there was a big 1x1 block tunnel right below that sandstone but it was too late. I fall in and my record of not FRIGGIN DIEING FOR LIKE 3 MONTHS GOSH DIGITY DANGIT ENDS! Good thing I didn't have any valuable stuff on me. 
Keep up the lucky times! ;D
[P.S. Those guys who I sold the plot to got banned within 8 hours of me selling it to them because they griefed natwaterfire's home most likely to make their place look nice.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 12:26:49 am »
I fell off my house with about 120 XP levels. I had to go to school, so i left the game before i hit the ground(i live in a sky base). When i logged back on i lost no hearts.

Diamond_Frog

• Frogs are the most bestest animal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 03:02:05 am »
Was foolin around at a buddys high dive about 75 blocks up. It was this sketchy platform way up on a tree. I jumped off aiming for a 3 by 3 pool on the roof of the house but i went wide and splattered my stuff all over the house and the surrounding area. as this was on the member world and my house was on the guest world, it was a pretty grim situation. But luckily when i arrived one of the people at the pool had picked up all my stuff scattered around the yard and gave it back to me. thanks for not takin my stuff bro!   :D 
If school was fun, then it wouldn't be called school.

Morrison1996

• I am the spawn of 2 worlds. I AM SlenderBrine.
  • Former moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 03:09:16 am »
When I was still trusted I called alicia in because someone was griefing a friends house by placing blocks on it and she banned me instead because I was destroying the blocks the griefer was placing. I made a appeal and it was locked within 5min of me posting it because alicia realized the mistake. Just goes to show. People call a mod for greif. Don't fix it yourself.  :)

Note this was when I was still playing on the hutchinske account.

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 07:27:57 pm »
i was mining once and found a huge deposit of ore, it held like 2 dia veins, 3 iron and 2 gold, some coal and loads of redstone (no lapis =/) after i mined all that stuff with my fortune pix i mined further and ended up in a cave. while i was exploring the cave, a skelly shot me into a lava lake, i did /home instantly and died at my /home becuz i only had 1/2 heart left and was on fire, all the stuff i mined was saved.  :)

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 09:10:54 pm »
I got moderator. I lost it. XD

No, actually what happened was I was at a drop party, and right when I was typing /home because I got bored, I heard a million pistons go off and a bunch of people died while I only took two hearts of damage at my house. I couldn't believe my luck.

If you want a real life example, I was playing baseball. I play catcher position, the dude with all that gear behind the plate. The ball got hit hella hard out in left field, and my best friend on the team was playing shortstop. He got the ball from the fielder, threw the ball almost across the entire damn field, and it hit the plate in front of me. I started running UP the backstop, got the ball in midair and threw it to the pitcher at the home plate and he tagged out the runner to stop him from getting a home run. Well I don't know if that's actually luck, more skill since I did that all in my catcher gear :P

I felt so epic doing that.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 03:13:23 pm by SalsaInABowl »
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2013, 11:41:56 am »
That is sick snape. Just boss.

360OLLIE

• Mank Demes
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 03:08:03 pm »
Ok! Most unlucky and scary thing ever!  :-[

CookieMaster9 and I were exploring the griefed ruins of the old guest world. OMG, so ugly and cool at the same time! He was probably joking but he thought he saw a steve skin. ABSOLUTELY noone lives there. The area has been abandoned and left to sit for years. We head onto the open sea right next to the coastline. We are joking around that the slenderbrine lives here in the area. All of the sudden, he says "WTF" in local. I go "What?" So I was actually swimming right next to my boat trying to get in it. It's like pushing me and it's like glitching out. He says "WTF," I say "What." Then some bs happens. As I'm glitching with the boat, I INSTANTLY DIE! ARE FRIGGN KIDDING?! DAMN YOU NOTCH! It says that I hit the ground to hard! How did that happen!? Good thing, he teleported me back so I could get my gear.
Note to self: The Slenderbrine is watching.