May 04, 2024, 08:47:06 am

Author Topic: Interesting Topic of Interest  (Read 6858 times)

NathanialJones

• SMP Builder and cool guy extrodinare!
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Topic of Interest
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 03:33:09 am »
Well it seems like that's the best awnser to your question
About posts, how do you even post a post?

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 07:48:43 am »
TotalBiscut made a nice video about how there is no connection about violence and video games. This happens because people make the murderer an antihero and give him too much attention rather than grieving the families that died, and such people want attention and they attracted to doing such stuff.
He brings up a good point about the South Korea model - "South Korea is known to the world as the video gaming capital of the world. How many school shootings there were in the last 10 years? None. How many school shootings there were there ever? None."
Any connection with video gaming and violence is BS, it's just media trying to get a bit more money by making people read whatever they throw at them.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 07:50:35 am by raul7legend »

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 08:28:59 am »
TotalBiscut made a nice video about how there is no connection about violence and video games. This happens because people make the murderer an antihero and give him too much attention rather than grieving the families that died, and such people want attention and they attracted to doing such stuff.
He brings up a good point about the South Korea model - "South Korea is known to the world as the video gaming capital of the world. How many school shootings there were in the last 10 years? None. How many school shootings there were there ever? None."
Any connection with video gaming and violence is BS, it's just media trying to get a bit more money by making people read whatever they throw at them.
+1

clawstrider

• The Clawsome One
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 08:46:49 am »

If you had looked at my post, I posted that video already.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 09:02:27 am »

If you had looked at my post, I posted that video already.
Doesn't mean I can't post it. It still sums up my thoughts perfectly and if I wouldn't redirect anyone they wouldn't understand what I'm talking about.

SalsaInABowl

• AKA SalsaOnTheFloor
  • Champion Member
  • Retired. Find me on Steam or IG.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 03:32:10 pm »
It's not the games that make us violent, the lag does :P
I don't play Minecraft anymore and hardly come back to these forums. If you want to contact me, find me on Steam or Instagram. Username for everything is SalsaInABowl.

Zeradeth_

• "I am burdened with glorious purpose." -Loki
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 08:40:35 pm »
It's not the games that make us violent, the lag does :P

I agree with this entirely.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

LIEKABOWSE

• Panda Trueno?!
    • View Profile
    • My PlanetMinecraft account
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2013, 02:59:28 am »
Okay, decided I would make my say in this.
Basically, I think it's mainly either the child's or the parent's fault. Most parents today don't really care what games the child play, so I think that MIGHT have a connection with it. The parents should monitor their children a bit more.
Second off, it could be the child's fault. If the child is hardcore in that game and looks up to a violent person in a game as a rolemodel, shit could go sideways. My mom said I could start playing grand theft auto and I turned it down.
to sum it all up, I personally disagree with this. It all depends on the childs choice, not peer pressure from games.

CaptainXV

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2013, 04:14:52 pm »
Quote from: Liek \o/ link=topmsg154150 date=1359169168
Second off, it could be the child's fault. If the child is hardcore in that game and looks up to a violent person in a game as a rolemodel, shit could go sideways. My mom said I could start playing grand theft auto and I turned it down.
to sum it all up, I personally disagree with this. It all depends on the childs choice, not peer pressure from games.

The only way a kid would choose a violent character as a role-model is if they don't have one in real life.
Therefore, it's still mainly the parent's fault in my opinion.
The sentence beneath this one is true
The sentence above this one is false