May 29, 2024, 02:00:35 am

Author Topic: OPTIC Rail Lines  (Read 14266 times)

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
Re: OPTIC Rail Lines
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 02:56:29 pm »
Then the rails get griefed. I wouldn't care if people built their stuff hugged up right against my rails, but the rail tube and the internal structure of it must remain in tact.

Once again, project protection is just world guard basically. For each region (done one at a time as each rail line is finished one at a time), an admin would simply left click a corner of one end of the track tube, and right click the opposite corner of the opposite end of the track tube, then do the command

/region define ## Chiefl149

And that makes a worldguard region protecting just that one track tube, and it sets me as the owner of that region, and if I'm correct about worldguard, owners of a region can set flags and pretty much control the settings of that specific region. idk if I can add/remove members of a region if I'm the region owner or not tho.

Best griefer name ^

Nhataley

• ^ First Profile Pic in a long time. Thanks Zera!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 07:59:35 pm »
What World would this be? Member?

If so you should make pit stops at the CP cities (City Protection)

Like Sircy's Build Ecoraigalls, Scotty066AB, I have 1, and some other people aswell.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 08:52:45 pm »
What World would this be? Member?

If so you should make pit stops at the CP cities (City Protection)

Like Sircy's Build Ecoraigalls, Scotty066AB, I have 1, and some other people aswell.

pretty sure he's doing it on the new guest world, too lazy to find the previous post.... i however am making one on the member world and i'm thinking about how i want to connect random places to it already  :P
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 10:34:00 pm »
Good luck with the protection portion of it though. I'm kinda holding back on wanting to build this thing because it's just not realistic to place that many protection regions to protect the tracks.

Best griefer name ^

hammysandwhich

• I once had a fear of hurdles, but I got over it.
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2013, 10:41:18 pm »
Tiggy, if your doing one on the member, may I help? My house is near spawn.
if you die in canada do you die in real life?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2013, 02:38:34 am »
Good luck with the protection portion of it though. I'm kinda holding back on wanting to build this thing because it's just not realistic to place that many protection regions to protect the tracks.

protecting it with coal ps isn't all too bad just puts a dent in ur $$....

Tiggy, if your doing one on the member, may I help? My house is near spawn.

its mostly just digging.....
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2013, 03:40:11 am »
mmk, the outer four segments of track would each be 3000 blocks long times the four segments which make up a square. That's 12000 blocks long.

12000 / 11(coal ps) = 1090 protection stones required, and this is just the outer track.

Now for the inner track:
1000 X 4 = 4000 / 11 = 364

1090 + 364 = 1454 coal protection stones.
1454 X 1500 = 2,181,000

While I am totally capable of reaching that target amount (iron farm), I am still stuck with the issue of the numerous coal protection stones. Sure it's expensive, and I could earn the money for them, but the true issue at hand is the fact that now the server would have close to 1500 more protected regions to watch over, and that means the database would become larger to hold the data for the 1500 more regions and their flags, the server would have to loop through each region per tick, and more RAM would be used. I mean, we're talking 1500 more regions in the database, loaded in memory, etc. It's just a project that would need protection, but only of the tracks. 8 regions total would do it.

Best griefer name ^