May 21, 2024, 05:56:01 pm

Author Topic: SignShop or ChestShop Plugin, Trading made easy  (Read 21672 times)

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: SignShop or ChestShop Plugin, Trading made easy
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 10:00:31 pm »
If it were to be made a donation reward I doubt the person would spam it or forget about what they put their money towards.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 10:07:30 pm »
Just make another world/zone where they can only place the chests and make it so they get their own little plots, that way they aren't spammed throughout the world.

---><--- Click the monkey

High Roller

• SMP Trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 10:52:28 pm »
Trusted + only? That could be a solution.
im so sorry for this. my cock had a huge erection and it made an unpredictable growth and hit my keyboard. and then it spelled out a bad word that somebody banned me for. dont worry, my cock is being severely punished.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 11:04:20 pm »
We already have sign shops at Spawn and Town warps-- why do we need any more dotted all over the world? I think we've already went through several topics suggesting this as well.

Mr_Mr_Mr

• Veteran
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 11:17:11 pm »
We already have sign shops at Spawn and Town warps-- why do we need any more dotted all over the world? I think we've already went through several topics suggesting this as well.
It's basically like starting your own business, and the market is the place with unlimited items, but higher prices. I think this should be added only if it's a donation and there is a unique zone/world; it would be kind of fun to own your own little business and to customize what the design of your shop looks like.

---><--- Click the monkey

☣2crzy4uall☣

• Professional Redstoner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 11:38:25 pm »
Trusted + would be good, and a limited number of shops per player. Like I said before, aren't there already hundreds of unused homes and shops? how's this change that?

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 11:42:24 pm »
We had a huge discussion about this a few months back (opti, relkeb, dejected, and I) and at the time we determined there was not an easy enough way to implement something like this at the time. These days we have even less time on their hands than we did back then
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2013, 12:39:07 am »
Our spawn isn't too easy to spam. It's a frickin island. A floating one. You can jump off or do a /warp where ever you want.
I also have another idea. A /warp playermarket. This is the only place chestshops can be placed. There are shops you rent, and say it costs $100 per day to rent. You then have a 5x5 protected area only you can use for chest shops. You can only rent your shop for up to a month, so inactive players lose their shop. When a shop runs out, if the same person buys it they keep their items, but if a different person buys the shop, all items are lost.

cschurz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2013, 01:24:10 am »
Our spawn isn't too easy to spam. It's a frickin island. A floating one. You can jump off or do a /warp where ever you want.
I also have another idea. A /warp playermarket. This is the only place chestshops can be placed. There are shops you rent, and say it costs $100 per day to rent. You then have a 5x5 protected area only you can use for chest shops. You can only rent your shop for up to a month, so inactive players lose their shop. When a shop runs out, if the same person buys it they keep their items, but if a different person buys the shop, all items are lost.

these complex ideas for a whole system which needs to be designed, programmed, bug-tested, etc. are not really helping the discussion here. all those little rules you give add up to a ton of work in actually implementing.

and no, it is not acceptable for players to just lose their items with potentially no warning under any circumstances

Chief149

• Oppan Gangnam Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2013, 04:16:24 am »
Ok.

Chest/sign shop plugin.

After 1 month (of the owner not opening their chest shop chest) the chest and sign both lose their protection (automatically) and can be destroyed by anyone (solves the issue for inactive players).

Our spawn is difficult to spam due to the floating island attribute pointed out earlier... but.... maybe give it just to trusted players? Or better yet treat it like water. Members must request a moderator to set a sign as a chest shop sign, but trusted can do it themselves. Good spam reduction.

Best griefer name ^

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2013, 04:45:53 am »
Ok.

Chest/sign shop plugin.

After 1 month (of the owner not opening their chest shop chest) the chest and sign both lose their protection (automatically) and can be destroyed by anyone (solves the issue for inactive players).

How does that solve the problem? thats just grief....

OK kinda the same thing as i suggested earlier but maybe simpler.
Make it like /private or /public that only staff can use. so /chestshop or /shop
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:48:17 am by TheWholeLoaf »
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

CazualxGrenade

• Feelin βίος
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 05:53:07 am »
A suggestion for suggestion:

What if the Admins+ were able to make one by area, have either small, medium, or large "plots" so they can sell their items or put a chests op in that designated area? People can rent out the plots and the rent could be payed per week from the console.

Say you payed once for rent, and you didn't the next week, the message would say this.
Code: [Select]
Console: You have not payed rent yet, and until then, you cannot access your chests ops at your plot. If you do not pay rent after two weeks, then your items will be given back to you, and you will have to claim them.
Any Agree/Disagreements?
Bacon!
Message me for your random food for the day lol.

Nick3306

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 06:10:50 am »

these complex ideas for a whole system which needs to be designed, programmed, bug-tested, etc. are not really helping the discussion here. all those little rules you give add up to a ton of work in actually implementing.

and no, it is not acceptable for players to just lose their items with potentially no warning under any circumstances
No One in here seems to be listening so I would just give up.
R.I.P. Blocky Jr. - Brutally killed by Kodak on accident

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 11:41:12 am »
most of us dont know what goes into coding and creating things like this so.... :/
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

DeeKay

• Owner
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 11:48:14 am »
most of us dont know what goes into coding and creating things like this so.... :/
You don't need to..

We had a huge discussion about this a few months back (opti, relkeb, dejected, and I) and at the time we determined there was not an easy enough way to implement something like this at the time. These days we have even less time on their hands than we did back then