May 16, 2024, 01:27:50 am

Author Topic: Trusted Made Easy?  (Read 14738 times)

Redchecks

• The Creepy Operator
    • View Profile
Re: Trusted Made Easy?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 06:12:10 pm »
Alrighty, Just trying to prevent arguments and Shit

zwaan111

• SMP - trusted
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 06:26:12 pm »
i calculated that more trusted lowers the chance of becoming mod when the apps are open

i thinks you guys want less trusteds for more chance

(maybe i am totally wrong about this)

TheWholeLoaf

• The Architect
  • Architecture Is All
    • View Profile
    • Spawn Builder
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2013, 06:26:33 pm »
There is no happy medium it seems. Either we are not promoting enough players or we are promoting too much.

Trusteds will say there are too many, members will say there are not enough, both sides just thinking about themselves in most cases.
Go check out my website: www.minecraftspawnbuilder.weebly.com

Saeberus

• Tempus Edax Rerum
  • Operator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 06:43:48 pm »
The players that complain about there being too many trusteds are the trusted players. It's almost like you want to keep the rank for yourselves. More trusted players means more dedicated players not more superior players.

tiggy26668

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2013, 06:59:35 pm »
i was bored so i thought i'd just make up some arbitrary graph to help explain why there's so many trusted....

lol that should pretty much do it......

turns out you gain more trusted than you lose so there's bound to be a ton eventually......
I'm Much more smarter admin than whoever banned me.

iGenerator

• Super Trusted
  • Champion Member
  • Mayor of Rosenberg
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 07:08:29 pm »
For all these people you deem unworthy to bear the trusted rank will most likley be demoted or just stop coming on.  Think about it, there are a few handfuls of trusted members who have been that way since the day you joined. There are others who like I said gain trust and vanish into thin air.
Major Igenerator
City Planner for Stuttgart

DP

DJAlphaWolf

• Former "Super Recruit"
  • Champion Member
  • Self Proclaimed Opticraft Entertainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2013, 07:24:37 pm »
While I do agree we have a lot of trusteds now than we used to, it seems that people only complain to make themselves feel exclusive and special.

Once, long ago, it was exclusive with the limited amount of trusteds. But it isn't about being exclusive. Its about being dedicated. Its about being a member of the community we can trust won't cause trouble. And sure there are those trusteds that do cause trouble, but that cannot be blamed on the staff. Its hard to predict players causing trouble. Especially if its never been shown in their character.

If you want to "feel special" and have something to brag about, try getting top voter. That will really show your hard work and dedication to the server. Trusted is not the rank for exclusiveness.

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2013, 08:30:22 pm »
Why dont ops just ask a few questions about plugins and rules, then if the person answers them correctly(after they have proved they are already trusted material) THEN they get the rank.

rytovius

• Minecraft is not mindcrack
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 08:34:23 pm »
Lots of people that are trusted now and come on have been on a long time and do deserve it. Everyone who is trusted Is trusted by the staff so as long as the staff can trust them there should be no limit.

Xeadin

• Board Gamer
  • Champion Member
  • dip dip dip dip dip
    • View Profile
    • @Xeadin
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 08:52:40 pm »
The players that complain about there being too many trusteds are the trusted players. It's almost like you want to keep the rank for yourselves. More trusted players means more dedicated players not more superior players.

Bingo

Why dont ops just ask a few questions about plugins and rules, then if the person answers them correctly(after they have proved they are already trusted material) THEN they get the rank.

Then they can just Copy/Paste the answers and act like they give a hoot, then we're right back where we started.

SJ321987

• hii
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2013, 08:54:41 pm »
I agree it took some people months for trusted and it took someone I know like a week.
~jenna

theone7142

• I'm Neo. Understand?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2013, 09:01:36 pm »
Guys, get it through your head: if an op trust someone, guess what. They are TRUSTED. Stop complaining and get playing. Besides, are we really whining about what is basically a change of color in chat?

FNVcourierjon(SigilStone)

• Champion Member
  • Vault 102 Overseer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2013, 09:12:31 pm »
This is not a complaint or anything but I keep seeing more and more trusted getting banned, defying the purpose of Trusted.

raul7legend

• Israeli Operator
  • Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2013, 09:33:10 pm »
This is not a complaint or anything but I keep seeing more and more trusted getting banned, defying the purpose of Trusted.
That hasn't really changed or grown, there are trusted that get banned and there are even moderators that get banned.

That being said, there was never the whole "Trusted was more important back then and today it's less important" thing, our regulations may have changed but we treat trusted as the same importance as it always was/

RuthlessTomato

• Champion Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »

Then they can just Copy/Paste the answers and act like they give a hoot, then we're right back where we started.
OR they ask a few questions they think of on the spot.